Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243622 times)

Online Eleanor

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1590 on: April 24, 2019, 02:45:19 PM »
Crikey, already over 30,000 posts, and none of them worthwhile, according to your opinion.  I'm sure you have heard the phrase 'The Devil makes work for idle hands'?
If you have something solid to post on this subject, here is your last chance.

Otherwise it is Davel v Sutton.

Sutton wins by a KO.

Don't chance your arm on this one.  I still have my arm to lose..

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1591 on: April 24, 2019, 02:59:52 PM »
Don't chance your arm on this one.  I still have my arm to lose..

And I'll tell you what.  I'll be riding shot gun, underneath the hot Sun, feeling like someone.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1592 on: April 24, 2019, 03:08:51 PM »
"So we can't rely on witnesses, statements, media reports or experts. How on earth did anyone manage to decide that the McCanns committed no wrong?" is a question possibly better addressed to the Attorney General of Portugal who lifted the McCann suspect status from them after due consideration of the evidence.

The Attorney General's Office announced the archiving, but the decision was made by the public prosecutors;

"The case involving Madeleine McCann will be shelved following the decision by the two magistrates in charge that no evidence was found to implicate the arguidos"

Their ruminations and conclusions can be found in the files;
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LEGAL_SUMMARY.htm

The Supreme Court Judges pointed out the problems with that report in 2017.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7937.0

The document was by no means as clear cut as was suggested and believed by some.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1593 on: April 24, 2019, 03:14:52 PM »
A skill I know I possess and something that you don't seem to have considered

In my opinion you are simply airing your opinions about your 'skills' and about the McCanns.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1594 on: April 24, 2019, 03:16:57 PM »
The Attorney General's Office announced the archiving, but the decision was made by the public prosecutors;

"The case involving Madeleine McCann will be shelved following the decision by the two magistrates in charge that no evidence was found to implicate the arguidos"

Their ruminations and conclusions can be found in the files;
https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/LEGAL_SUMMARY.htm

The Supreme Court Judges pointed out the problems with that report in 2017.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=7937.0

The document was by no means as clear cut as was suggested and believed by some.

I think it's extremely clear cut... No evidence... Insufficient evidence... Same difference  ..I expect the, ECHR will explain it

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1595 on: April 24, 2019, 03:43:45 PM »
I think it's extremely clear cut... No evidence... Insufficient evidence... Same difference  ..I expect the, ECHR will explain it

If they acceot the case and if that question needs to be addressed I expect they will.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1596 on: April 24, 2019, 03:45:59 PM »
In my opinion you are simply airing your opinions about your 'skills' and about the McCanns.
And IMO I'm stating facts...

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1597 on: April 24, 2019, 04:08:10 PM »
I

It is so often difficult to do this.  I try not to do so.  But then I don't give much of a poop  of what any of you think of me.

I'll  tell you what.  Brietta and Rob and I do our best  under very limited circumstances.  None of us have the last word.

Talk to The Hand if you think that you are being badly treated.  But then so many of you do. 

What a bunch of wimps so many of you are.

Offline The General

« Reply #1598 on: April 24, 2019, 04:43:47 PM »
I

It is so often difficult to do this.  I try not to do so.  But then I don't give much of a poop  of what any of you think of me.

I'll  tell you what.  Brietta and Rob and I do our best  under very limited circumstances.  None of us have the last word.

Talk to The Hand if you think that you are being badly treated.  But then so many of you do. 

What a bunch of wimps so many of you are.
Fair one.
I think the title of the thread almost invited a further driving of the wedge between two steadfast factions.
Maybe we all need a cyber hug and get on with it.....
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 04:51:26 PM by Brietta »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1599 on: April 24, 2019, 04:51:14 PM »
Fair one.
I think the title of the thread almost invited a further driving of the wedge between two steadfast factions.
Agreed
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 04:51:54 PM by Brietta »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1600 on: April 24, 2019, 05:01:26 PM »
Fair one.

I think the title of the thread gave the opportunity for sceptics to explain why they are sceptics and give a concise analysis of their beliefs to enable folk like me to understand what they are on about.

Particularly if I can remember that far back without checking the OP ... in particular the attitude towards the present investigation here and in Portugal on behalf of Madeleine.

Seems there is a case to be made that sceptics may be few on the ground if there are any at all and huge objection to the suggestion there are 'beliefs'.

So I disagree regarding the thread.  I think it was an opportunity for enlightenment and understanding which has been rejected.  But there have been interesting snippets nonetheless.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1601 on: April 24, 2019, 05:10:01 PM »

I'm struggling to see any connection between G-Units post & your reply.

Have you been drinking?

Oh God, not that old chestnut.  I struggle to see any point to your comments at all, ever.

Have I been drinking?  Of course i have.  How else do you think I cope with your vomit inducing remarks.  You aren't even clever.  I mostly ignore you.  But don't take me on Sweet Cheeks.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1602 on: April 24, 2019, 05:16:07 PM »
I think the title of the thread gave the opportunity for sceptics to explain why they are sceptics and give a concise analysis of their beliefs to enable folk like me to understand what they are on about.

Particularly if I can remember that far back without checking the OP ... in particular the attitude towards the present investigation here and in Portugal on behalf of Madeleine.

Seems there is a case to be made that sceptics may be few on the ground if there are any at all and huge objection to the suggestion there are 'beliefs'.

So I disagree regarding the thread.  I think it was an opportunity for enlightenment and understanding which has been rejected.  But there have been interesting snippets nonetheless.

Thank you Brietta.
You have explaned exactly my motive for starting this thread.
From time to time I do wonder what keeps sceptics so committed to their variety of beliefs in parental complicity in Madeleine's disappearance.
So much of their commitment  to their belief in complicity seems to depend on concerns which do not as yet seem to have aroused the same suspicions in both current police investigations.

Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline The General

« Reply #1603 on: April 24, 2019, 05:16:41 PM »

From what I can distill down from it, there is this view of a stereotypical sceptic who all believe all of the same facets and are equally vociferous and immovable, like the Borg, assimilated and speaking in unison.
It really isn't like that at all. From what I see there are diverging views on various aspects even amongst us sceptics.
It's a bit harsh to suggest that 'we' have 'rejected' an opportunity for enlightenment and understanding  - I think if you read back you will find that we were badgered incessantly from the get go as soon as we opened up. I personally faced the indignation of a public text-flogging for revealing one of the reasons that made me sceptical - so we're invited in, then hoofed around like an abductee in a Moldovan shipping container. (That's a joke, please delete as usual)
But I'm stupid enough and old enough to get on with it, but I'm glad you found the exercise useful.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 05:21:06 PM by Brietta »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1604 on: April 24, 2019, 05:17:06 PM »
Fair one.

Yar, that could be okay..But don't hold hold your breath.