Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243636 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2175 on: April 28, 2019, 11:41:30 AM »
Because they are sceptical of the mccanns... Doesn't mean they have no beliefs relating to the case

One description of a believer is someone free from doubt. It's a contradiction in terms to say a sceptic has beliefs. Opinions or theories yes, beliefs, no.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2176 on: April 28, 2019, 11:44:49 AM »
One description of a believer is someone free from doubt. It's a contradiction in terms to say a sceptic has beliefs. Opinions or theories yes, beliefs, no.

its not imo.....you are stating your opinion as fact...it isnt....scepticism is based on beliefs

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2177 on: April 28, 2019, 12:00:56 PM »
What's the difference between opinions and theories and beliefs? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2178 on: April 28, 2019, 12:09:00 PM »
"I believe smoking is one of the causes of lung cancer and other diseases, and there is a wealth of scientific research to back up this belief.  I am sceptical of the few scientists and researchers who claim there is no link between smoking and lung cancer or other diseases, as the weight of evidence is clearly against them, and they are pursuing an agenda on behalf of smoking companies". 

"I believe the Earth is millions of years old and believe that there is a wealth of evidence to back up this belief.  I am sceptical of the few scientists and geologists who claim that the Earth was created only six thousand years ago, as the weight of the evidence is clearly against them and that they are pursuing a religious agenda".

"I believe that 6 million or so people died in the Holocaust of WWII as there is a wealth of evidence to back up this belief.  I am sceptical of those who question the figures as I believe they are driven by a racist agenda and that their counter evidence simply doesn't stack up"

Am I a believer or a sceptic? 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 12:12:26 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #2179 on: April 28, 2019, 12:10:09 PM »
"I believe smoking is one of the causes of lung cancer and other diseases, and there is a wealth of scientific research to back up this belief.  I am sceptical of the few scientists and researchers who claim there is no link between smoking and lung cancer or other diseases, as the weight of evidence is clearly against them". 

"I believe the Earth is millions of years old and believe that there is a wealth of evidence to back up this belief.  I am sceptical of the few scientists and geologists who claim that the Earth was created only six thousand years ago, as the weight of the evidence is clearly against them".

"I believe that 6 million or so people died in the Holocaust of WWII as there is a wealth of evidence to back up this belief.  I am sceptical of those who question the figures as I believe they are driven by a racist agenda and that their counter evidence simply doesn't stack up"

Am I a believer or a sceptic?

Does any one care is the more  pertinent question.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2180 on: April 28, 2019, 12:13:22 PM »
Does any one care is the more  pertinent question.
You clearly don't so you are dismissed.   &^&*%

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2181 on: April 28, 2019, 01:16:50 PM »
You have quite a number of beliefs... You believe the statements are accurate.  You believe the dig alerts have significance... You believe the mccanns may have lied... And lots more

I suppose you could say that changing their version of events in police statements was memory freeze but then I wouldn't agree.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2182 on: April 28, 2019, 01:33:15 PM »
I suppose you could say that changing their version of events in police statements was memory freeze but then I wouldn't agree.

I don't believe they did change their, statements... Just that the way they were recorded encouraged innaccuracies

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2183 on: April 28, 2019, 01:40:53 PM »
Don't be ridiculous. Only one door in apartment 5A had a key to open it. That is a true fact.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 01:43:23 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2184 on: April 28, 2019, 01:44:08 PM »
Don't be ridiculous. Only one door in apartment 5A had a key to open it. That is a true fact.

I'm being realistic IMO...gerrys statement was never recorded in English.. Lots of room for error.. Fact

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2185 on: April 28, 2019, 01:45:07 PM »
How do you explain a key being used?

"At about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked, went to his children's bedroom and checked that the twins were fine, as was Madeleine."

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2186 on: April 28, 2019, 01:46:06 PM »
How do you explain a key being used?

Who said a key was used... The translator

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2187 on: April 28, 2019, 02:07:43 PM »
Who said a key was used... The translator

"assim, sendo pelas 21H05 o declarante veio ao clube, entrou no quarto munido da chave respectiva, estando a porta trancada"

"so, at 21:05 the declarant(witness) came to the club, entered the room with the respective key, the door being locked"

Gerry said a key not the translator LOL.

"At about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked, went to his children's bedroom and checked that the twins were fine, as was Madeleine."

"When asked about the time he went to check the children on the night of Madeleine's disappearance, he states remembering that he did it, according to his watch, around 21:04."

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-ARGUIDO.htm

So the time stayed the same. Where are these translation errors? Gerry said a key and later changed his mind. He signed his statement as being correct.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2188 on: April 28, 2019, 02:36:45 PM »
"assim, sendo pelas 21H05 o declarante veio ao clube, entrou no quarto munido da chave respectiva, estando a porta trancada"

"so, at 21:05 the declarant(witness) came to the club, entered the room with the respective key, the door being locked"

Gerry said a key not the translator LOL.

"When asked about the time he went to check the children on the night of Madeleine's disappearance, he states remembering that he did it, according to his watch, around 21:04."

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-ARGUIDO.htm

So the time stayed the same. Where are these translation errors? Gerry said a key and later changed his mind. He signed his statement as being correct.

You believe  what you want... And so will I... It doesn't matter

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2189 on: April 28, 2019, 02:43:12 PM »
You believe  what you want... And so will I... It doesn't matter

He signed his statement as being correct and that can be used as evidence so it does matter.