Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243621 times)

Offline The General

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2715 on: May 04, 2019, 02:26:43 PM »
you believe taht beliefs are opinions based on faith....if you type in "scientist believe" into google you get 256,000,000 hits...are you suggesting scientists base their beliefs on faith rather tahn evidence...your argument is patently absurd
Just considering how many logical fallacies one post can contain.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2716 on: May 04, 2019, 02:31:36 PM »
Just considering how many logical fallacies one post can contain.

point out one....otherwise its just more spam from you

Offline The General

« Reply #2717 on: May 04, 2019, 02:42:59 PM »
point out one....otherwise its just more spam from you
All of your posts could be spam, it's just that most are undecipherable with the ranty keyboard mash in sheepskin mittens. (Ad hom)
You've tried the old straw man by attacking an almost irrelevant, unrelated point that you created (type 'scientist believe' in to Google?? What?
Then, as if that wasn't enough, you used this new, skewed point to use that as a bizarre attack on the original point, appeal to ignorance (as if anyone would know the result of this bizarre google search), by distilling the possible answers down to two  - yes or no (closed question), thus creating a false dichotomy.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2718 on: May 04, 2019, 02:48:33 PM »
All of your posts could be spam, it's just that most are undecipherable with the ranty keyboard mash in sheepskin mittens. (Ad hom)
You've tried the old straw man by attacking an almost irrelevant, unrelated point that you created (type 'scientist believe' in to Google?? What?
Then, as if that wasn't enough, you used this new, skewed point to use that as a bizarre attack on the original point, appeal to ignorance (as if anyone would know the result of this bizarre google search), by distilling the possible answers down to two  - yes or no (closed question), thus creating a false dichotomy.

Try and be a little more precise and to the point...you are ranting and making little sense..

Gunit thinks beliefs are based on faith....my argument is 260 million posts by scientists relating to what they believe...scientific beleifs are based on evidence not faith,...

so wheres the straw man...wheres the appeal to ignorance....i know exactly where the BS is....

Offline The General

« Reply #2719 on: May 04, 2019, 02:57:01 PM »
Try and be a little more precise and to the point...you are ranting and making little sense..

Gunit thinks beliefs are based on faith....my argument is 260 million posts by scientists relating to what they believe...scientific beleifs are based on evidence not faith,...

so wheres the straw man...wheres the appeal to ignorance....i know exactly where the BS is....

Ad hom. I'm telling a sceptical mod off you.......

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2720 on: May 04, 2019, 02:58:55 PM »
Ad hom. I'm telling a sceptical mod off you.......

dou you mean ....of you..

I post thousands of posts very quickly....I could go back and correct the mistakes...I really cant be bothered

Offline The General

« Reply #2721 on: May 04, 2019, 03:03:34 PM »
dou you mean ....of you..

I post thousands of posts very quickly....I could go back and correct the mistakes...I really cant be bothered
No, it's a colloquialism.
You called me a bullshitter, I'm telling a sceptical mod. Honest.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2722 on: May 04, 2019, 03:06:11 PM »
No, it's a colloquialism.
You called me a bullshitter, I'm telling a sceptical mod. Honest.

i think some of your posts are BS...particularly your recent accusations wshich you have meserably failed to support wiathany evidence...forum rules say its ok to attack your posts...which I have...not you persoanlly

Offline The General

« Reply #2723 on: May 04, 2019, 03:08:16 PM »
i think some of your posts are BS...particularly your recent accusations wshich you have meserably failed to support wiathany evidence...forum rules say its ok to attack your posts...which I have...not you persoanlly
No not good enough. I'm calling the police.
Nah, it's all good. I get it, no problem, I mainly post bullshit. Be lucky pal.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2724 on: May 04, 2019, 03:09:55 PM »
No not good enough. I'm calling the police.
Nah, it's all good. I get it, no problem, I mainly post bullshit. Be lucky pal.

as you are obviously such  anice person Ill pm you the link re grime...it may be BS...it may be not...who knows

Offline The General

« Reply #2725 on: May 04, 2019, 03:10:56 PM »
as you are obviously such  anice person Ill pm you the link re grime...it may be BS...it may be not...who knows
Thanks.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2726 on: May 04, 2019, 04:32:15 PM »
semantics ...believed are often based on evidence..
The stateemnts are not a record of what people told the PJ ..thats your belief....a more accurate stateemnt of fact is that the statement are a record what the interpreter beleived the mccanns said...they are not even verbatim so by definition are not a record of what teh mccanns said...

could you provide a cite where i have said the stateemnt are innaccurate....Ive said they may well be innaccurate...it is highly unlikely that they are accurate...it seems you read what you believe to be posted rather than what is actually posted

In Madeleine, Kate recounts 'choosing' an interpreter for her arguida interview I think (it could have been the marathon interrogation of the previous day) who to her astonishment roundly berated her for criticising interpreters when she tried to correct translation errors in her previous statement.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2727 on: May 04, 2019, 06:57:19 PM »
I wonder if Erngath has the answer after almost 200 pages? Recent posts suggest some disappointment as these 'beliefs' still can't be properly identified. Perhaps the wtong question was asked? The supporters clearly believe that sceptics have beliefs, but maybe their belief is wrong.

In my opinion supporters do have identifiable beliefs, but sceptics don't have such firm convictions. For exanple;

Supporters believe Madeleine was abducted. Sceptics see it as just one possibility.
Supporters believe the parents were not involved in MBM's disappearance. Sceptics see it as a possibility.
Supporters believe Amaral is beyond the pale. Sceptics see him as imperfect, but not evil.
Supporters believe sceptic's doubt because of Amaral. Sceptics know that's not true.
Suppotyers believe what the police say publicly. Sceptics don't.
Can I ask why some/most sceptics never publicly seriously  explore the possibility that Madeleine was abducted and the parents not  guilty without at the same time making it patently clear that they think the idea is risible and virtually impossible?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2728 on: May 04, 2019, 07:30:02 PM »
In Madeleine, Kate recounts 'choosing' an interpreter for her arguida interview I think (it could have been the marathon interrogation of the previous day) who to her astonishment roundly berated her for criticising interpreters when she tried to correct translation errors in her previous statement.

Why, without knowing the interpreter's opinion, do you believe Kate's account of what happened?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2729 on: May 04, 2019, 07:45:23 PM »
Can I ask why some/most sceptics never publicly seriously  explore the possibility that Madeleine was abducted and the parents not  guilty without at the same time making it patently clear that they think the idea is risible and virtually impossible?

Is that meant to be an answer to my post? I don't see the connection, sorry.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0