Author Topic: Who will be the next leader of the Conservative Party and by default, the PM?  (Read 60112 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

What Mrs Leadsom said:

Rachel Sylvester: "Do you feel like a mum in politics?"

Andrea Leadsom: "Yes. So...

RS: "Why and how?"

AL: "So really carefully because I am sure, I don't really know Theresa very well but I am sure she will be really really sad she doesn't have children so I don't want this to be 'Andrea has children, Theresa hasn't' because I think that would be really horrible.

"But genuinely I feel being a mum means you have a very real stake in the future of our country, a tangible stake.

"She possibly has nieces, nephews, lots of people, but I have children, who are going to have children, who will directly be a part of what happens next.

"So it really keeps you focused on 'what are you really saying?'. Because what it means is you don't want a downturn but 'never mind, let's look ahead to the ten years', hence it will all be fine. My children will be starting their lives in that next ten years so I have a real stake in the next year, the next two."
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

I don't want this to be 'Andrea has children, Theresa hasn't' because I think that would be really horrible.

But,  ha ha, ha ha ha I've got kids & she hasn't.

In a nutshell.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

stephen25000

What Mrs Leadsom said:

AL: "So really carefully because I am sure, I don't really know Theresa very well but I am sure she will be really really sad she doesn't have children so I don't want this to be 'Andrea has children, Theresa hasn't' because I think that would be really horrible.

"But genuinely I feel being a mum means you have a very real stake in the future of our country, a tangible stake.

"She possibly has nieces, nephews, lots of people, but I have children, who are going to have children, who will directly be a part of what happens next.

"So it really keeps you focused on 'what are you really saying?'. Because what it means is you don't want a downturn but 'never mind, let's look ahead to the ten years', hence it will all be fine. My children will be starting their lives in that next ten years so I have a real stake in the next year, the next two."

A.L. needs to be very careful after this.

Widespread condemnation of her own words, which weren't twisted, merely reported factually.

I daresay, more digging into her background will take place as she continues to alienate even more people.

stephen25000

I don't want this to be 'Andrea has children, Theresa hasn't' because I think that would be really horrible.

But,  ha ha, ha ha ha I've got kids & she hasn't.

In a nutshell.

The comments she made would seem reflect the mindset of A.L. and her supporters.

She clearly has no policies of her own, as her mini speech revealed the other day.

Just that repeated 'inane smile' which is increasingly hideous.

Offline Carana

What Mrs Leadsom said:

What is she saying?

If you don't have children, then you have less of a vested interest in the future of your country?

She talks of opportunities... but is, e.g., the Erasmus programme not one of them for her children?

The next two years will be taken up with negotiating the withdrawal.

As PM, she'd also have to deal with everything else that a PM has to muddle their way through, including foreign policy...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 11:09:11 AM by Carana »

Offline Angelo222

The comments she made would seem reflect the mindset of A.L. and her supporters.

She clearly has no policies of her own, as her mini speech revealed the other day.

Just that repeated 'inane smile' which is increasingly hideous.

Do you mean like the forced smile we always get from May?   Leadsom has the people behind her and that's what counts in the final round.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

Do you mean like the forced smile we always get from May?

Always Angelo ???

Offline Carana

A.L. needs to be very careful after this.

Widespread condemnation of her own words, which weren't twisted, merely reported factually.

I daresay, more digging into her background will take place as she continues to alienate even more people.

To be fair, I'm not convinced that she meant it in a nasty (personal) way... but whether it was spontaneous or she was advised to emphasise this supposed added "USP", it seems to have gone down like a lead balloon.

stephen25000

To be fair, I'm not convinced that she meant it in a nasty (personal) way... but whether it was spontaneous or she was advised to emphasise this supposed added "USP", it seems to have gone down like a lead balloon.

I would say she has a tendency to open her mouth and say the first thing that comes into her head.

Rather like her C.V., it is full of hot air.

Offline Angelo222

As a closet remainer Theresa May hasn't a hope in hell of finding a majority among the members.  Looks like Leadsom for Prime Minister for the next four years.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

As a closet remainer Theresa May hasn't a hope in hell of finding a majority among the members.  Looks like Leadsom for Prime Minister for the next four years.

We shall see.

So on that basis, she would be a female version of Corbyn. %&5%£ %&5%£

Offline Carana

Why not?

Offline Angelo222

Why not?

The members of the Conservative Party want a candidate who represents their views and not someone with very close links to Cameron and a hidden agenda.  And especially not a fence sitter who was too afraid to speak out pre referendum.

Je ne regrette rien!!

stephen25000

The members of the Conservative Party want a candidate who represents their views and not someone with very close links to Cameron and a hidden agenda.  And especially not a fence sitter who was too afraid to speak out pre referendum.

She is a B.S. artist IMO , and clearly made up her experience and responsibilities in the financial sector.

Offline Carana

Someone who represents whose views?