Author Topic: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive  (Read 82217 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive
« Reply #600 on: October 26, 2018, 12:03:33 PM »
I don't see that the side entryway was lit. Once on the steps up to the apartment I believe someone would be hard to spot unless you were actively looking up the steps.

Hopefully this photograph from 8th May 2007 shows what I mean.

The light in this particular instance was a white media light and not the sodium street lights.  The steps which led up to the patio door were partially lit by a street light which is positioned on the other side of the main road.

« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:13:40 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #601 on: October 26, 2018, 04:57:57 PM »
Oh.  They achieved the impossible then!

Who  mentioned it was impossible to damage shutters?

You are getting confused  with the claim that the shutters were jemmied and opened and a burglar grabbed MBM and climbed back out the window all with in the space of a few minutes- while her dad was outside and JT  was walking up towards the apartment- and he/she/theynever left a mark. NOT A ONE  ummm well  yeah now that is impossible.

However, once we got hold of the files we were alerted to unlocked doors ... and the walked and wandered theories began to be floated. Which ofcourse, as you know, was denied by the 'family' in order to protect their reputation.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 10:09:20 AM by Angelo222 »
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #602 on: October 26, 2018, 06:07:58 PM »

Who  mentioned it was impossible to damage shutters?

However, once we got hold of the files we were alerted to unlocked doors ... and the walked and wandered theories began to be floated. Which ofcourse, as you know, was denied by the 'family' in order to protect their reputation.

”woke and wandered”, “abducted from an unlocked apartment” , why should one be far more reputation ruining than the other?  In either case the children were left alone in an unsecured apartment.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 08:15:25 PM by Robittybob1 »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #603 on: October 26, 2018, 08:18:15 PM »
”woke and wandered”, “abducted from an unlocked apartment” , why should one be far more reputation ruining than the other?  In either case the children were left alone in an unsecured apartment.
Do the others agree with VS?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #604 on: October 26, 2018, 09:39:51 PM »
I certainly do

Offline misty

« Reply #605 on: October 26, 2018, 11:22:08 PM »

Yes - and imo the parents' reputations were already being damaged well before it became clear Madeleine was not going to be found within a reasonable time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #606 on: October 26, 2018, 11:38:53 PM »
I don't see that the side entryway was lit. Once on the steps up to the apartment I believe someone would be hard to spot unless you were actively looking up the steps.

Hopefully this photograph from 8th May 2007 shows what I mean.

That photograph is no good. 
The street lights are switched off ... and as Angelo states the scene was illuminated by media lights.

Also it is correct, as John pointed out a few months ago, that when on, the closest street lamp did not illuminate the entire length of steps.   There would be some light from the street lamp opposite the tapas reception, which would illuminate any person walking up the steps and possibly the steps themselves when the bushes were freshly trimmed as on May 3rd 2007..

Offline Sunny

« Reply #607 on: October 26, 2018, 11:47:46 PM »
That photograph is no good. 
The street lights are switched off ... and as Angelo states the scene was illuminated by media lights.

Also it is correct, as John pointed out a few months ago, that when on, the closest street lamp did not illuminate the entire length of steps.   There would be some light from the street lamp opposite the tapas reception, which would illuminate any person walking up the steps and possibly the steps themselves when the bushes were freshly trimmed as on May 3rd 2007..

No sadie the street lights are not switched off. The glare from the media does overwhelm it somewhat but you can still see the yellowish glow shining on the McCanns and Mrs Fenn's apartments.

Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline sadie

« Reply #608 on: October 27, 2018, 12:28:41 AM »
No sadie the street lights are not switched off. The glare from the media does overwhelm it somewhat but you can still see the yellowish glow shining on the McCanns and Mrs Fenn's apartments.

There are two street lamps, one opposite the patio area to 5A and one oppsite the Tapas Reception area, but no shadows for either

If the media lamps are too strong to obliterate these shadows then they will also be too strong to show lighting on the steps.  The photo is useless because of these reasons

... and also because it is taken from such an angle that one cannot see the steps anyway

Soz Sunny, a good try.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #609 on: October 27, 2018, 12:41:33 AM »
Yes - and imo the parents' reputations were already being damaged well before it became clear Madeleine was not going to be found within a reasonable time.

I agree with VS too.  Just as I agree that in the shortest possible space of time after Madeleine's disappearance the seeds were being sown to trash the reputations of her parents as well as any and all with the slightest association with them.
That is not opinion ... it is documented fact ... starting with a 'badly told story' and not yet ended.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #610 on: October 27, 2018, 06:49:03 AM »
I agree with VS too.  Just as I agree that in the shortest possible space of time after Madeleine's disappearance the seeds were being sown to trash the reputations of her parents as well as any and all with the slightest association with them.
That is not opinion ... it is documented fact ... starting with a 'badly told story' and not yet ended.
Can't be that bad,two best seller's have been written about it.Once upon a time there was an alleged abduction,...........
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 06:56:27 AM by barrier »
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #611 on: October 27, 2018, 07:18:56 AM »

Just as I agree that in the shortest possible space of time after Madeleine's disappearance the seeds were being sown to trash the reputations of the Portuguese Police as well as any and all with the slightest association with them.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #612 on: October 27, 2018, 07:20:52 AM »
Just as I agree that in the shortest possible space of time after Madeleine's disappearance the seeds were being sown to trash the reputations of the Portuguese Police as well as any and all with the slightest association with them.
To what end?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #613 on: October 27, 2018, 10:45:52 AM »
I see your thinking and either your pick or my pick would be choice 1 and 2. If I was a house breaker, and none of you can prove I am, I would be more inclined to go for the patio doors, not only for their notorious vulnerability, but because there's loads of stuff to obscure the view (the parapet wall, relatively dimly lit, foliage, not directly overlooked, scope to escape by jumping down). If I were to try the front door I would be looking to put my shoulder to it or take a pane of glass out, both of which would have me in the full glare of the car park and road and would make a racket.
I think we can both agree, however, that only a fool would first consider the shuttered window, which is sort of my point.

IMO there had been observation of the comings and goings through the week,   the McCann's could be seen entering the apartment through the patio doors.    Now if someone had gone that way,  up the steps,  what if one of the McCann's had decided to visit 5a?   They would have caught who ever it was on the steps or going into the apartment.   IMO the person went in through the front door,  I believe the person had a key, then opened the window as a possible escape route if someone should enter the bedroom.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #614 on: October 27, 2018, 10:57:40 AM »

IMO there had been observation of the comings and goings through the week,   the McCann's could be seen entering the apartment through the patio doors.    Now if someone had gone that way,  up the steps,  what if one of the McCann's had decided to visit 5a?   They would have caught who ever it was on the steps or going into the apartment.   IMO the person went in through the front door,  I believe the person had a key, then opened the window as a possible escape route if someone should enter the bedroom.

I see no reason why someone could not have entered through the window and exited through the front door