Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844258 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #1845 on: August 04, 2015, 06:04:21 PM »
A very broad answer is that some evidence is objective and repeatable, and is capable of being viewed in the same way by different people.  e.g fingerprints, DNA results, a written statement, forensic matching of a bullet to a gun etc etc.

Other evidence is subjective, and depends on circumstances, interpretation.  Dog alerts would come into this category - a dog is a tool to narrow down and aid the search for forensic evidence. and it is the results of such analysis which constitutes evidence.

Whether the dog alerted in down to Grime's interpretation of what constitutes an alert.  That is why it would need to be corroborated by forensic analysis.

A question -would you be happy, say as a member of a jury, to send someone to prison for life on the basis of the video of Eddie searching the flat and the car?     

Re the underlined bit, how on earth could unidentified and undated specks of blood be evidence of a massacre in the Cipriano case?

Should that have been allowed as evidence or not?

If so, that's okay, providing that the judicial system allows it to be blown to shreds... which didn't happen.

By the same token, a dog woofing could arguably be admitted as "evidence", given the same providos.

Presenting 5 / 20 alleles could be considered "evidence" - in terms of "something found to present", but is of no more significance than a witness stating that they'd heard a UFO take off from a rooftop.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 06:06:37 PM by Carana »

Offline Carew

« Reply #1846 on: August 04, 2015, 06:11:09 PM »
The point might concern Grime, should someone from officialdom choose to question him about this unique classification at some (future) time.

My sole concern is to chart truth and separate it from fiction ....

So far no reports of either any official inquiry into , or censure for this officer regarding his deployment of the dogs ........( or his terminology)........ have been forthcoming, have they?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1847 on: August 04, 2015, 06:13:05 PM »

So far no reports of either any official inquiry into , or censure for this officer regarding his deployment of the dogs ........( or his terminology)........ have been forthcoming, have they?

no...because his deployment produced nothing...as did his deployment in Jersey. He has not worked in the UK since...how much work has he done in the US

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #1848 on: August 04, 2015, 07:27:04 PM »

Are you 100% certain the dogs alerted to Madeleine's corpse?  If so, why and if not, why not?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1849 on: August 04, 2015, 07:57:47 PM »
no...because his deployment produced nothing...as did his deployment in Jersey. He has not worked in the UK since...how much work has he done in the US

You know that for a fact?

Offline mercury

« Reply #1850 on: August 04, 2015, 08:05:59 PM »

Combine that performance with Duarte Levy on the video, and the forensic results (a trace of Gerry's blood on the keycard) , and this is a complete non event.

Was he on the video? Why would he be? I don't recall seeing him, and hs name does not appear in the files among the list of people involved in the dog searches.

Offline Carew

« Reply #1851 on: August 04, 2015, 08:34:25 PM »
Are you 100% certain the dogs alerted to Madeleine's corpse?  If so, why and if not, why not?

You asked this a few posts back.

It wasn`t worth answering then any more than now because I used "possibility" and "could" .

You could have worked out the answer from that.

Mr Grime has neither been charged or accused of any offence nor officially rebuked for his deployment of the dogs.

(This alone would usually be enough to cause supporters to hyperventilate at the very idea of "Only Asking Questions for 8 years "  equating the practise with putting the boot in.)

Since the present investigative team have considered the possibility that Madeleine may not have been alive when removed from the apartment , who knows what permutations are in the frame or could become so as the investigation progresses?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #1852 on: August 04, 2015, 09:20:37 PM »
Was he on the video? Why would he be? I don't recall seeing him, and hs name does not appear in the files among the list of people involved in the dog searches.

Have you actually bothered to watch the video? You may see, at the top of the screen, Duarte Levy (C) 2008-2009.

I assume you are familiar with the name Duarte Levy?

And this is the chap who has his fingerprints all over the video that you set such store by. 

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #1853 on: August 04, 2015, 09:29:48 PM »
You asked this a few posts back.

It wasn`t worth answering then any more than now because I used "possibility" and "could" .

You could have worked out the answer from that.

Mr Grime has neither been charged or accused of any offence nor officially rebuked for his deployment of the dogs.

(This alone would usually be enough to cause supporters to hyperventilate at the very idea of "Only Asking Questions for 8 years "  equating the practise with putting the boot in.)

Since the present investigative team have considered the possibility that Madeleine may not have been alive when removed from the apartment , who knows what permutations are in the frame or could become so as the investigation progresses?

In the vernacular, you are "aving a giraffe"

Grime deployed the dogs to help in the investigation, looking for forensic evidence.  The dogs alerted, some samples were found, tested by the FSS and shown to be inconclusive (before you get excited this means that no conculsion can be drawn).   

Grime did his job.  So why would he be "charged or accused of any offence nor officially rebuked for his deployment of the dogs"?

Its the sceptics who are getting all excited about Amarals misunderstanding of the results.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1854 on: August 04, 2015, 09:36:47 PM »

Grime deployed the dogs to help in the investigation, looking for forensic evidence.  The dogs alerted, some samples were found, tested by the FSS and shown to be inconclusive (before you get excited this means that no conculsion can be drawn).   

Grime did his job.  So why would he be "charged or accused of any offence nor officially rebuked for his deployment of the dogs"?

Its the sceptics who are getting all excited about Amarals misunderstanding of the results.

As I have said.......it wasn't Grime's fault the dogs found no evidence.....there just wasn't any there

stephen25000

« Reply #1855 on: August 04, 2015, 09:38:46 PM »
As I have said.......it wasn't Grime's fault the dogs found no evidence.....there just wasn't any there

Inconclusive does not mean no evidence.

It was a contaminated crime scene and we know who did that. 8**8:/:

Offline mercury

« Reply #1856 on: August 04, 2015, 09:39:26 PM »
Have you actually bothered to watch the video? You may see, at the top of the screen, Duarte Levy (C) 2008-2009.

I assume you are familiar with the name Duarte Levy?

And this is the chap who has his fingerprints all over the video that you set such store by.
Yes dear, I have watched the video. My question was not about alledged copyright but whether he was physically there at the time, which you suggested (and others have asserted)

What does "have his fingerprints all over" mean then?

Offline Carew

« Reply #1857 on: August 04, 2015, 09:42:57 PM »

Grime did his job. So why would he be "charged or accused of any offence nor officially rebuked for his deployment of the dogs"?

Well done!!

Offline mercury

« Reply #1858 on: August 04, 2015, 09:43:16 PM »

Eddie seems to have indicated to cadaver scent in a bedroom..it is an indication/intelligence, however much youbluster, that will always be a fact. Still waiting for your response to my previous question btw about Mr Grime never havng worked in the UK again post Jersey.
Or were you just making things up? I'd prefer to believe you were just mistaken/wrong.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1859 on: August 04, 2015, 09:54:23 PM »
Eddie seems to have indicated to cadaver scent in a bedroom..it is an indication/intelligence, however much youbluster, that will always be a fact. Still waiting for your response to my previous question btw about Mr Grime never havng worked in the UK again post Jersey.
Or were you just making things up? I'd prefer to believe you were just mistaken/wrong.

You show total ignorance of what the alerts signify......we already know maddie may have died in the apartment
What else do the dogs...woof woof....add to that