Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844261 times)

ferryman

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #2400 on: August 14, 2015, 06:38:32 AM »
Some think Eddie was right, others think he was wrong. On balance he was very good at what he did. Keela proved him right twice. His alerts are definitely not meaningless in my opinion.

Grime is on record as stating that Eddie alerted to cuddle-cat.

But only second time of asking.

And while Eddie did react to something within his scent range in the Renault Scenic, that was only after copious direction and re-direction towards a specific target (the car with the stickers in the back).

And we have the record of a PJ officer who expressed puzzlement that Eddie only alerted anywhere after constant direction and re-direction ....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2401 on: August 14, 2015, 06:48:09 AM »
Grime is on record as stating that Eddie alerted to cuddle-cat.

But only second time of asking.

And while Eddie did react to something within his scent range in the Renault Scenic, that was only after copious direction and re-direction towards a specific target (the car with the stickers in the back).

And we have the record of a PJ officer who expressed puzzlement that Eddie only alerted anywhere after constant direction and re-direction ....

Are you accusing Grime of somehow persuading Eddie to alert?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

ferryman

« Reply #2402 on: August 14, 2015, 07:10:09 AM »

From the screening of the videos, referred previously, done when the dogs were working, some doubts arise. We don't want and we can't take the place of the trainer, we only wish to alert, with this paragraph, to some facts, that according to us, need further clarification.

If the dog is trained to react when he detects what he is looking for, why, in most of the cases, we see the dog passing more than once by that place in an uninterested way, until he finally signals the place where he had already passed several times'

On one of the films, it's possible to see that 'Eddie' sniffs Madeleine's cuddle cat, more than once, bites it, throws it into the air and only after the toy is hidden does he 'mark' it (page 2099). Whys didn't he signal it when he sniffs it on the first time'

(PJ Inspector Dias)

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2403 on: August 14, 2015, 07:13:34 AM »

I would say 100% yes for reasons I have given before...absolutely nothing wrong with that imo

stephen25000

« Reply #2404 on: August 14, 2015, 08:05:36 AM »
I would say 100% yes for reasons I have given before...absolutely nothing wrong with that imo

and what precisely is your experience in handling dogs used in this field of police work ?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2405 on: August 14, 2015, 08:08:20 AM »
Some think Eddie was right, others think he was wrong. On balance he was very good at what he did. Keela proved him right twice. His alerts are definitely not meaningless in my opinion.

and what precisely is your experience in handling dogs used in this field of police work ?

Offline mercury

« Reply #2406 on: August 14, 2015, 08:19:43 AM »
Your post is meaningless. Did they find any teeth in the wardrobe or on the clothes?
Thats a first, remnant scent of fallen out teeth

@)(++(*

Yes my lord, a toddlers tooth fell out and we stuck it in the wardrobe

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2407 on: August 14, 2015, 08:22:01 AM »
Thats a first, remnant scent of fallen out teeth

@)(++(*

Yes my lord, a toddlers tooth fell out and we stuck it in the wardrobe

for the record and not that it has any bearing on this case but exfoliated deciduous teeth will contain remnants of blood

Offline mercury

« Reply #2408 on: August 14, 2015, 08:22:57 AM »
Well IMO mercury it's because far more time was spent on everything McCann related than on anything else.   If the same time had been spent on the non-McCann related cars and apartments then it's my firm belief that alerts would also have occurred in those places.

In view of Martin Grime's claim  (which I believe) that his dogs could alert to the tiniest of scents, even decades of years old  -which cannot be removed by cleaning  - then I simply can't accept that not one speck of blood was ever spilt in any part of those other apartments or cars over such a long period of time.    Sorry but that's just not credible IMO.

How much time are you talking about? If there is no interest indicated by the dog, there is no interest.Are you saying all other 6 residences must have had cadaverscent contaminant from dead (or live humans as it put across ) but Eddie wasnt given the chance to find it?

Offline mercury

« Reply #2409 on: August 14, 2015, 08:24:47 AM »
for the record and not that it has any bearing on this case but exfoliated deciduous teeth will contain remnants of blood

Only Keela said, NO

8((()*/

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2410 on: August 14, 2015, 08:28:49 AM »
Only Keela said, NO

8((()*/

hopefully you realise now Grime has not confirmed any alerts to cadaver......

Offline Benice

« Reply #2411 on: August 14, 2015, 08:40:38 AM »
How much time are you talking about? If there is no interest indicated by the dog, there is no interest.Are you saying all other 6 residences must have had cadaverscent contaminant from dead (or live humans as it put across ) but Eddie wasnt given the chance to find it?

IMO mercury -  the car video is the best example of the difference in timing.  The most time spent at any of the other cars was 30 seconds (and that's being generous).    Eddie did not even do a full circuit of one of the cars before being allowed to move on. 

So  - after 30 seconds no alert was made.   But that is no different to the Renault - as no alert had been made to it after 30 seconds either.   The difference is that -  unlike with the other cars -  Eddie was not allowed to move on from the Renault - he was called back numerous times - with MG actually tapping the car in places - and it was 2 minutes before he alerted.   

If Eddie had been directed to spend the same amount of time on the other cars - then  (unless you believe no 'alertable material' had ever been deposited in any of those cars since their manufacture) -  alerts may well have resulted.    But he wasn't - so we shall never know. 

The same principle applies re the apartments.

AIMO

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

Offline mercury

« Reply #2412 on: August 14, 2015, 08:43:37 AM »
hopefully you realise now Grime has not confirmed any alerts to cadaver......

Your problem is explaining the cadaver scent alert in 5a bedroom and verandah...keep trying

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2413 on: August 14, 2015, 08:46:32 AM »
Your problem is explaining the cadaver scent alert in 5a bedroom and verandah...keep trying

there is no confirmation of cadaver scent in any location..fact....your problem is that you did not understand what Grime said...fact

Offline mercury

« Reply #2414 on: August 14, 2015, 08:47:54 AM »
IMO mercury -  the car video is the best example of the difference in timing.  The most time spent at any of the other cars was 30 seconds (and that's being generous).    Eddie did not even do a full circuit of one of the cars before being allowed to move on. 

So  - after 30 seconds no alert was made.   But that is no different to the Renault - as no alert had been made to it after 30 seconds either.   The difference is that -  unlike with the other cars -  Eddie was not allowed to move on from the Renault - he was called back numerous times - with MG actually tapping the car in places - and it was 2 minutes before he alerted.   

If Eddie had been directed to spend the same amount of time on the other cars - then  (unless you believe no 'alertable material' had ever been deposited in any of those cars since their manufacture) -  alerts may well have resulted.    But he wasn't - so we shall never know. 

The same principle applies re the apartments.

AIMO

No, that won't do. A dog either shows interest or it doesn't. It alerts or it doesn't. It alerted in one place only and that is significant.
Unless you are of the Mr Grime is a fraud school of thnking.