Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844200 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3435 on: August 23, 2015, 11:01:53 AM »

Dogs are trained to respond to certain compounds and when they detect them, they react.

Quite right.

and these did.

I think you need to read the article you have quoted... @)(++(* @)(++(*...properly

ferryman

« Reply #3436 on: August 23, 2015, 11:03:13 AM »
'look for stuff'  ???

As a general reference point .....................

http://aboutforensics.co.uk/detection-dogs/

Where does your link say anything about dogs playing a forensic role?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3437 on: August 23, 2015, 11:05:57 AM »

Dogs are trained to respond to certain compounds and when they detect them, they react.

Quite right.

and these did.

no one knows what eddie reacted to in PDL...not even Grime

Offline Lace

« Reply #3438 on: August 23, 2015, 11:07:13 AM »
on what scientific basis do you make that judgement ?

On the basis of observation.

Other cadaver dogs I have watched do not pick up the objects in their mouths,  they are trained not to,  if they do it will contaminate evidence.   Eddie was trained to bark an alert not to pick items up in his mouth.

Can you say hand on heart that if Grime didn't know 5a was where Madeleine had been staying for almost a week he would have called Eddie back so many times?     If he hadn't kept calling Eddie back Eddie would just have ran round the bedroom and out again.    If he had done that in any of the other apartments Grime would have left it at that.

What do you think Eddie alerted to in the garden Stephen?    Do you think Madeleine had been left in the garden for some reason?

stephen25000

« Reply #3439 on: August 23, 2015, 11:10:07 AM »
no one knows what eddie reacted to in PDL...not even Grime

Grime is not a forensic scientist, is he ?

stephen25000

« Reply #3440 on: August 23, 2015, 11:11:05 AM »
On the basis of observation.

Other cadaver dogs I have watched do not pick up the objects in their mouths,  they are trained not to,  if they do it will contaminate evidence.   Eddie was trained to bark an alert not to pick items up in his mouth.

Can you say hand on heart that if Grime didn't know 5a was where Madeleine had been staying for almost a week he would have called Eddie back so many times?     If he hadn't kept calling Eddie back Eddie would just have ran round the bedroom and out again.    If he had done that in any of the other apartments Grime would have left it at that.

What do you think Eddie alerted to in the garden Stephen?    Do you think Madeleine had been left in the garden for some reason?

So observation of fertilizer ??? @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3441 on: August 23, 2015, 11:13:01 AM »

and of what importance is that,,,we are talking about alerts...what do the forensic scientist say about the alerts...b....r all Stephen. They simply analyse what the dogs find

Offline Lace

« Reply #3442 on: August 23, 2015, 11:15:23 AM »

I have read that for training dogs properly for forensic searches the handler should study forensics don't know if Grime did or not.

Dogs are trained to alert to compounds as you say Stephen,  but no one knows what it is they are exactly smelling,  with drugs the handler would know,  but with cadaver scent no one really knows.

Eddie was trained with pig at first,  he is not going to forget the scent of pigs,   also he alerts to blood, from alive human beings,  this was demonstrated when he alerted to the key fob which had Gerry's blood on it.   Also I remember a video I watched a while back where Grime hid a sample of his own blood for Eddie to find.

Eddie could well be alerting to blood,   the scent would remain even if the article was removed as the forensic scientists said in that article I posted.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3443 on: August 23, 2015, 11:16:34 AM »
So observation of fertilizer ??? @)(++(* @)(++(* @)(++(*

Now what are you talking about?

ferryman

« Reply #3444 on: August 23, 2015, 11:17:57 AM »
From the files, the closest we get to an explanation of the inspection at the gym is this (very first mention):

Following the search effected at Rua das Flores, 27, during which certain items were seized, this present inspection was performed, in a place appropriated for its purpose, [the gym] attempting to identify particular pieces of clothing possibly indicated by the dogs, namely Eddy [that] indicates cadaver odours and Kila [that] indicates blood odours.

There was only one (recorded!) alert in the villa, to cuddle-cat .....

stephen25000

« Reply #3445 on: August 23, 2015, 11:32:05 AM »
Now what are you talking about?

You mentioned garden fertilizer a few posts ago.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3446 on: August 23, 2015, 11:34:04 AM »
You mentioned garden fertilizer a few posts ago.

What was the post 'observation of fertiliser'   supposed to be about?

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3447 on: August 23, 2015, 11:38:43 AM »
The nit-pickers` convention of one was still in session after I left then...... 8)-)))

No comprehension issues this end.

`Twas yourself did struggle and mither over it.

I........(a human being.... Well spotted)....... did not think up the many and varied alert trigger contaminants. 

Others ...... ( i.e. another set of human beings)........did so.... and they came across as facetious suggestions when applied in a practical context.

You`re on your own with it from now on.
See my response above.

stephen25000

« Reply #3448 on: August 23, 2015, 11:39:50 AM »
What was the post 'observation of fertiliser'   supposed to be about?

Work it out for yourself.

stephen25000

« Reply #3449 on: August 23, 2015, 11:40:49 AM »
From the files, the closest we get to an explanation of the inspection at the gym is this (very first mention):

Following the search effected at Rua das Flores, 27, during which certain items were seized, this present inspection was performed, in a place appropriated for its purpose, [the gym] attempting to identify particular pieces of clothing possibly indicated by the dogs, namely Eddy [that] indicates cadaver odours and Kila [that] indicates blood odours.

There was only one (recorded!) alert in the villa, to cuddle-cat .....

'kila' ??? 8**8:/: