Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844063 times)

ferryman

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #3480 on: August 23, 2015, 04:29:24 PM »
The dog alerted to the flowerbed.  What forensics were done on the flowerbed?

Cuttings from the flowerbed were sent to the FSS, without result ....

stephen25000

« Reply #3481 on: August 23, 2015, 04:29:37 PM »
The dog alerted to the flowerbed.  What forensics were done on the flowerbed?

What is in the FSS report ?

ferryman

« Reply #3482 on: August 23, 2015, 04:43:33 PM »
The curtains (286A/2007 - CR/L 16 and 16B) and the piece of white curtain (286B/2007 - CR/L 1) and the fragments of bushes (286/2007 CR/L 21) were examined for the presence of blood. No blood was found.

(John Lowe)

That reference suggests a prior reference to the fragments of bushes which I can't find for the moment.

But that was presumably all sent off because Kela alerted ...

A signalling error by Keela ....

Offline Anna

« Reply #3483 on: August 23, 2015, 04:43:59 PM »
The curtains (286A/2007 - CR/L 16 and 16B) and the piece of white curtain (286B/2007 - CR/L 1) and the fragments of bushes (286/2007 CR/L 21) were examined for the presence of blood. No blood was found.

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id268.html

ETA.

Sorry FM, You beat me to it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 04:46:28 PM by Anna »
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3484 on: August 23, 2015, 05:02:33 PM »

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id268.html

ETA.

Sorry FM, You beat me to it.

but the dogs only react to what they are trained for

Offline Lace

« Reply #3485 on: August 23, 2015, 05:05:17 PM »
It's you who doesn't understand.

There would be clear biochemical differences between the pig and human, bar transgenic species.

Now did the forensic samples indicate the presence of any pig D.N.A. from those collected where the dogs alerted ?

It would be the SCENT the dog was alerting to not DNA.

ferryman

« Reply #3486 on: August 23, 2015, 05:06:09 PM »
but the dogs only react to what they are trained for

Yep.

Certainly the curtain seems to be a signalling error by Keela.

I think the bushes might have been sent off at the recommendation of a technician (in fairness to Keela).

I would need to go back and check that, though.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3487 on: August 23, 2015, 05:08:31 PM »

(John Lowe)

That reference suggests a prior reference to the fragments of bushes which I can't find for the moment.

But that was presumably all sent off because Kela alerted ...

A signalling error by Keela ....
I wonder how they determined which bit of the bush to send off?  Was it the bit that Keela specifically pointed to with her nose?  So the bed itself was not examined, just the bush?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3488 on: August 23, 2015, 05:12:09 PM »
It would be the SCENT the dog was alerting to not DNA.

Eddie was trained using decomposing piglets but he had also found human remains previously. He wasn't a new recruit, he had experience and knew exactly what scent he was searching for. If such dogs alerted to all the materials suggested on here there would be no police force using them now.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Lace

« Reply #3489 on: August 23, 2015, 05:14:32 PM »
Eddie was trained using decomposing piglets but he had also found human remains previously. He wasn't a new recruit, he had experience and knew exactly what scent he was searching for. If such dogs alerted to all the materials suggested on here there would be no police force using them now.

Eddie also alerted to blood Gunit,   blood is in fertiliser,   Grime also he said it was difficult for the dog to distinguish between pig and human remains,  it is quite possible he could smell pig blood.

So what did Eddie alert to in the garden?

They should have taken samples of the soil.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3490 on: August 23, 2015, 05:16:14 PM »

By the way what 'all the materials' are you talking about?    I was only talking about blood.

Alfred R Jones

« Reply #3491 on: August 23, 2015, 05:23:20 PM »
If you take a metal detector out to look for treasure and it beeps and you discover a rusty nail, you discard that and move on and keep searching.  You don't stop using the detector because it made a few wrong bleeps, eventually it will bleep on something of value.  What's the difference between that and a VRD?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3492 on: August 23, 2015, 05:23:49 PM »
Eddie also alerted to blood Gunit,   blood is in fertiliser,   Grime also he said it was difficult for the dog to distinguish between pig and human remains,  it is quite possible he could smell pig blood.

So what did Eddie alert to in the garden?

They should have taken samples of the soil.

Human blood Lace, not pig blood. You really must try to grasp that the dogs have to be specific. A dog that alerted to a range of scents just wouldn't be any use, and Eddie had worked for years. He knew what he was looking for - the scent of human blood (dried) or the scent of a dead human body. Nothing else at all.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #3493 on: August 23, 2015, 05:27:26 PM »
If you take a metal detector out to look for treasure and it beeps and you discover a rusty nail, you discard that and move on and keep searching.  You don't stop using the detector because it made a few wrong bleeps, eventually it will bleep on something of value.  What's the difference between that and a VRD?

Trouble is all a wrong bleep says is you have failed to find the metal.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

ferryman

« Reply #3494 on: August 23, 2015, 05:30:35 PM »
I wonder how they determined which bit of the bush to send off?  Was it the bit that Keela specifically pointed to with her nose?  So the bed itself was not examined, just the bush?

There was a technician called Jonathon Smith who recommended that fragments of bush be sent to the FSS.

I can't find the exact reference for the moment, though ....