Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844211 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #4455 on: August 29, 2015, 07:53:39 PM »
But that's ridiculous because any unknown perp could have caused the clothes alerts.

Indeed it was extraordinary, however any port in a storm and we seem to have been in a place where an alleged dream interpretation was accepted as probable cause so misinterpretation of dogs is a small step from that and as ridiculous as it was ... how many dog threads have we on the McCann boards discussing it? and how many internet blogs are on the go discussing the dogs and their 'findings'?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #4456 on: August 29, 2015, 07:57:32 PM »
Was Grime a UK police officer?

Scrub that - he was still working for SYP.

That still doesn't appear to be entirely clear to me... I expect that there's an untaken leave issue that has created the technical ambiguity.

I agree with FM that giving his personal address seems a bit odd for someone still working for SYP.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4457 on: August 29, 2015, 07:57:49 PM »
The key is his personal profile.

Whereas Harrison gives as his base the business address of the (now defunct) National Policing Improvement Agency, Grime gives his home address in Oxford.

What is the date of that?

At the time of the searches (August 2007)he was working for SYP.

It may well be that at the time of the reports he was retired. 

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4458 on: August 29, 2015, 07:58:20 PM »
I googled a structural engineer of great integrity and found out there is a concerted underhand campaign involving lawyers and surveillence and even political meddling to undermine his whole life, just because he had the audacity to question the structure of a certain house of cards.

Possibly as a direct result of never really having had any integrity to begin with ... and never having been in  possession of an Ace at any time at all.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4459 on: August 29, 2015, 08:01:34 PM »
If it was my child I would take the excellent professional work of Amaral Harrison and Grime very seriously and instead of bandying around insults of them, I would want to find out what very real scenario led to those  those alerts.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4460 on: August 29, 2015, 08:03:00 PM »

He retired in July 2007, JP.

ferryman

« Reply #4461 on: August 29, 2015, 08:04:10 PM »

Grime's profile is undated.

SYP would not have deployed two dogs and one handler ....

Offline Carana

« Reply #4462 on: August 29, 2015, 08:18:35 PM »
If it was my child I would take the excellent professional work of Amaral Harrison and Grime very seriously and instead of bandying around insults of them, I would want to find out what very real scenario led to those  those alerts.

Do you mean when you and your family are faced with never ending media half-truths while you're all still in the country to which you'd only gone for a week's break and whose language and legal system you don't understand .. or later, when you still have a missing child to find and don't want to antagonise a fragile relationship?

I've asked this before (with no response), but what exactly has Amaral's "excellent professional work" been?

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4463 on: August 29, 2015, 08:21:04 PM »
The critical date is the date of the searches and his employment status at the time.

"I am a retired police offer, previously at the service of the South Yorkshire police. Between August 1-8, 2007, and while working for the South Yorkshire police, I collaborated with the Judicial Police, Portugal, as regards their Operations Task Force.
On the 17th of August 2007, I completed a report for the Head of Investigations of the Judicial Police, which was submitted by the Leicestershire Police. This report is exhibited as MG/1 and identified by the label bearing my signature."

I rather doubt that he would lie about this. What would be the point? 

ferryman

« Reply #4464 on: August 29, 2015, 08:27:45 PM »
The critical date is the date of the searches and his employment status at the time.

"I am a retired police offer, previously at the service of the South Yorkshire police. Between August 1-8, 2007, and while working for the South Yorkshire police, I collaborated with the Judicial Police, Portugal, as regards their Operations Task Force.
On the 17th of August 2007, I completed a report for the Head of Investigations of the Judicial Police, which was submitted by the Leicestershire Police. This report is exhibited as MG/1 and identified by the label bearing my signature."

I rather doubt that he would lie about this. What would be the point?

He may have been on annual leave leading up to retirement which would have made him, technically, still an employee of SYP, but just not representing them in PdL.

SYP would have deployed two dogs and two handlers (or at least dogs to handlers in one-to-one ratio).

That's what we've seen in this, second, enquiry.

But certainly he gave his home address as his base and never wore his police uniform in PdL.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4465 on: August 29, 2015, 08:38:17 PM »
He may have been on annual leave leading up to retirement which would have made him, technically, still an employee of SYP, but just not representing them in PdL.

SYP would have deployed two dogs and two handlers (or at least dogs to handlers in one-to-one ratio).

But certainly he gave his home address as his base and never wore his police uniform in PdL.

Have you any evidence that he was on annual leave ferryman and, if so, he would have been allowed to take two police dogs to Portugal when he was for his own enrichment ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Benice

« Reply #4466 on: August 29, 2015, 08:39:35 PM »

'Working for the SY police'- doesn't necessarily mean as a PAYE employee - he could have been working for them as a subcontractor.    I too have wondered why he didn't wear a police uniform.     IIRC the other UK police with dogs wore their uniforms when on duty.

The notion that innocence prevails over guilt – when there is no evidence to the contrary – is what separates civilization from barbarism.    Unfortunately, there are remains of barbarism among us.    Until very recently, it headed the PJ in Portimão. I hope he was the last one.
                                               Henrique Monteiro, chief editor, Expresso, Portugal

ferryman

« Reply #4467 on: August 29, 2015, 08:42:13 PM »
Have you any evidence that he was on annual leave ferryman and, if so, he would have been allowed to take two police dogs to Portugal when he was for his own enrichment ?

Enrichment is not the point.  The point of one-to-one dog-to-handler ratio at a single crime scene is bias.

The propensity to bias is less if each dog at the same crime scene has its own handler.

Offline Jean-Pierre

« Reply #4468 on: August 29, 2015, 08:43:31 PM »

'Working for the SY police'- doesn't necessarily mean as a PAYE employee - he could have been working for them as a subcontractor.    I too have wondered why he didn't wear a police uniform.     IIRC the other UK police with dogs wore their uniforms when on duty.

Portugal in August in uniform?  A touch warm.

Do the SY police for operation grange wear uniform when in Portugal?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4469 on: August 29, 2015, 08:44:48 PM »

you are joking