Author Topic: Amaral and the dogs  (Read 844203 times)

Offline carol

Re: Amaral and the dogs
« Reply #4635 on: August 31, 2015, 02:03:16 PM »
Bung her in the wardrobe & run to the Tapas Bar screaming for help......yes, that sounds like a plan. Only in the world of a deluded detective.

If I wrote a deluded detective story, I WOULD  have the suspects placing the body in a wardrobe away from prying eyes but only if the 'accidental death' happened on the 2/3 rd and I was waiting for a friend to bring along a car to transport it elsewhere. But then that would also leave the car vulnerable  to cadaver scent wouldn't it? Fortunately I'm no writer of detective stories!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4636 on: August 31, 2015, 02:49:09 PM »
I think the whole accident scenario is impossible for lots of reasons.....as regards moving the body...why not move the body before  raising the alarm

Offline Carana

« Reply #4637 on: August 31, 2015, 02:57:37 PM »
What we need is a photo of this whole area of tiles (with spots labelled) before the tiles were taken up

There are photos, but of individual tiles. Not 100% certain, but it would seem likely (IMO), in context. that the photos were taken prior to having been taken up.

How, otherwise, could the spots of interest have been assigned markers?

Offline carol

« Reply #4638 on: August 31, 2015, 02:58:33 PM »
I think the whole accident scenario is impossible for lots of reasons.....as regards moving the body...why not move the body before  raising the alarm
If you read my post  you'll see that is exactly what my suspects do   in my little detective novel. The alarm  is raised on the evening of the 3rd. The body is transported during the afternoon of the 3rd. After all the 'accident' has  in reality happened on the 2/3 rd.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:02:48 PM by carol »

Offline Anna

« Reply #4639 on: August 31, 2015, 02:58:38 PM »
If I wrote a deluded detective story, I WOULD  have the suspects placing the body in a wardrobe away from prying eyes but only if the 'accidental death' happened on the 2/3 rd and I was waiting for a friend to bring along a car to transport it elsewhere. But then that would also leave the car vulnerable  to cadaver scent wouldn't it? Fortunately I'm no writer of detective stories!

Thank you Carol.
We can all see a different story unfold in this case and can only learn from those of others.
I find it extremely difficult, however to believe that a friend, who happened to be in Portugal would involve themselves, in a crime, by  removing a cadaver from the apartment.
Then again stranger things have happened.

There is no evidence to support thoughts of the parents being involved...............In fact, there is no evidence of anything really. Lets hope that the present investigations will reveal something of worth.

What is your thoughts on the Dogs alerts?
“You should not honour men more than truth.”
― Plato

Offline pegasus

« Reply #4640 on: August 31, 2015, 03:03:33 PM »
There are photos, but of individual tiles. Not 100% certain, but it would seem likely (IMO), in context. that the photos were taken prior to having been taken up.

Yes before taking the tiles up they did close up labelled photos of individual tiles but I can't find photo showing them all at once.

Offline LagosBen

« Reply #4641 on: August 31, 2015, 03:06:49 PM »
Sorry if I've posted this before.

Am I the only one who finds the constant dog "alert" discussions mad?

I say this maybe due to naivety, but, surely if a corpse had been in that apartment or anywhere close to either McCann or their clothes etc, the dogs would have gone on alert immediately and not have to be coaxed into mild alerts if you can call them that?

Martin Grime himself said that without corroboration (of which there was none) the alerts are meaningless (or words to that effect).

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4642 on: August 31, 2015, 03:11:18 PM »
If you read my post  you'll see that is exactly what my suspects do   in my little detective novel. The alarm  is raised on the evening of the 3rd. The body is transported during the afternoon of the 3rd. After all the 'accident' has  in reality happened on the 2/3 rd.

why cover up an accident if it happened earlier...there's no neglect

Offline Anna

« Reply #4643 on: August 31, 2015, 03:16:49 PM »

I can't find a photo of the floor tiles altogether either. I expect you have already viewed this. Think I found it. 2nd link

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/BLOOD.htm
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/5A_EDDIE-KEELA.htm

ETA Link
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:28:29 PM by Anna »
― Plato

Offline Anna

« Reply #4644 on: August 31, 2015, 03:25:53 PM »
Yes before taking the tiles up they did close up labelled photos of individual tiles but I can't find photo showing them all at once.

http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/5A_EDDIE-KEELA.htm

ETA Photo
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 03:47:45 PM by Anna »
― Plato

Offline carol

« Reply #4645 on: August 31, 2015, 03:35:47 PM »
why cover up an accident if it happened earlier...there's no neglect

There most certainly IS  neglect if the accident happens whilst you're out enjoying yourself with your friends!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4646 on: August 31, 2015, 03:39:30 PM »
There most certainly IS  neglect if the accident happens whilst you're out enjoying yourself with your friends!!

so when did it happen

Offline carol

« Reply #4647 on: August 31, 2015, 03:44:42 PM »
Am I the only one who finds the constant dog "alert" discussions mad?

I say this maybe due to naivety, but, surely if a corpse had been in that apartment or anywhere close to either McCann or their clothes etc, the dogs would have gone on alert immediately and not have to be coaxed into mild alerts if you can call them that?

Martin Grime himself said that without corroboration (of which there was none) the alerts are meaningless (or words to that effect).

Coaxed into mild alerts? Some might agree with you but many wouldn't.  What you see is what you get with dog alerts. It's the way they are and it's  the way they work...................... very successfully I might add  .
I'd have thought a missing child was corroboration enough ...........................a child that hasn't been seen since !

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4648 on: August 31, 2015, 03:48:54 PM »

Coaxed into mild alerts? Some might agree with you but many wouldn't.  What you see is what you get with dog alerts. It's the way they are and it's  the way they work...................... very successfully I might add  .
I'd have thought a missing child was corroboration enough ...........................a child that hasn't been seen since !

not according to the PJ ...the dogs totally ignored things several times before "alerting"...that isn't the way I have seen any scent dogs working

Offline LagosBen

« Reply #4649 on: August 31, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »
I thought that their training was thorough and their noses were very sensitive so no coaxing would be needed.