Author Topic: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive  (Read 81141 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2018, 12:26:24 PM »

Probably because at the moment they are not allowed..........

He is but they aren't.  In Australia I mean.  How does that work?

Offline xtina

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2018, 12:32:26 PM »
He is but they aren't.  In Australia I mean.  How does that work?

Probably because he is an ex......
Always listen to both sides of the story before you judge.

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2018, 12:46:18 PM »
It all depends on Mr Edgar's motivation and the targeted audience would you not say?

Absolutely.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Sunny

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2018, 04:10:01 PM »
I wonder if Dave Edgar is still employed by Madeleine's fund.  Because of that I take everything he says with a pinch of salt.

I wonder if this article will now be shared by the UK media.   Anyone want a bet?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2018, 04:39:28 PM »

Probably because he is an ex......

An Ex What?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2018, 05:07:27 PM »
if you look at what Edgar actually said....

Last week a retired UK detective claimed Maddie, who would now be 15 years old, was probably still somewhere in Portugal, and could even remain held captive in the small Algarve coastal town where she vanished more than 11 years ago.

Whats wring with it....Maddie probably wasnt taken out of portugal......and could even still be alive. Far more likely than she died in an accident covered up by her parents...imo

Offline Brietta

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2018, 05:10:56 PM »
Martin Townsend seems to have a bit of a history when it comes to playing a bit part in getting things totally wrong as far as Madeleine and her parents are concerned.

How it is possible to headline a non story of a marital split from a father going back to work while his wife stays at home? ... seems Martin is your man.

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that he and Mark Saunokonoko appear to have 'found' each other ... in my opinion neither baulks at a "cynical attempt to attract readers".

Disgrace of Sunday Express headline
Roy Greenslade

Sun 20 Jan 2008

Of all the nasty headlines that the Daily and Sunday Express have published about the Madeleine McCann mystery, none is quite as nasty - and blatantly inaccurate - at the one it ran on its front page today: McCANNS SPLIT BY AGONY OF MADDY.

There is nothing in the story to justify this disgraceful headline. The only split it mentions is that Kate McCann stays at home while her husband, Gerry, goes to work. Everything else in the article is speculation based on quotes from anonymous friends who say that the couple are continuing to go through agony.

Yet this is what the Sunday Express editor, Martin Townsend , has the bare-faced cheek to say in his column today: "At every level of our society, and in every area of our lives, fair play and common sense seem to have evaporated in the past decade."

He attributes those failings to "Labour rule" and accuses the prime minister of "spectacular, breathtaking hypocrisy."

Well, Martin, it takes one to know one. That headline is a cynical attempt to attract readers. It is, according to your own story, without foundation. I just hope the Press Complaints Commission decide that enough is enough on this matter and decide to take it up. For once, it might be justified to entertain a third party complaint. And here it is.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/greenslade/2008/jan/20/disgraceofsundayexpresshea
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 05:12:57 PM by Brietta »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2018, 05:13:41 PM »
And cruel.
As cruel as being an ex-policeman wedded to the idea that Madeleine is dead?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2018, 05:15:39 PM »

im  pleased that our australian journalist tells the truth about the mcann case he doesnt  hold back   xxx
But you’ve just told us he “can’t stand” the McCanns - is he letting his emotions getting in the way of objective reporting?  Sounds like it to me!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline xtina

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2018, 05:23:00 PM »
An Ex What?

Didn't you read the article.....an ex Editor of the Express.....

The first storyteller you will always find has modified the story, for there benefit BE WISE.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2018, 05:27:19 PM »

Didn't you read the article.....an ex Editor of the Express.....

What has that got to do with anything?

Offline xtina

« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2018, 05:31:28 PM »
But you’ve just told us he “can’t stand” the McCanns - is he letting his emotions getting in the way of objective reporting?  Sounds like it to me!

Don't worry about it ....it didn't worry him or else he wouldn't have written it....

Seems to me he believed what he wrote.....I don't think the mccs sued him either ...did they.....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #42 on: October 08, 2018, 05:49:35 PM »

Don't worry about it ....it didn't worry him or else he wouldn't have written it....

Seems to me he believed what he wrote.....I don't think the mccs sued him either ...did they.....
I’m not remotely worried, why in earth would I be worried about what a two-bit journo on the other side of the world has to say about anything?

Offline xtina

« Reply #43 on: October 08, 2018, 06:21:56 PM »
I’m not remotely worried, why in earth would I be worried about what a two-bit journo on the other side of the world has to say about anything?

You would say that wouldn't you lol.....

because he doesn't believe maddie is alive...he is only saying what he thinks....

« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:27:54 PM by Eleanor »

Offline xtina

« Reply #44 on: October 08, 2018, 06:23:47 PM »
What has that got to do with anything?

Think we have our wires crossed.....

haven't time to go back and work it out.....