Author Topic: Wandering Off Topic  (Read 1495723 times)

Offline John

Re: Wandering Off Topic
« Reply #4080 on: August 04, 2018, 01:50:05 PM »
Posters are reminded of the forum rules and in particular should keep comments, RELATIVE, AMIABLE and CONSTRUCTIVE.  You could call it the RAC of the forum world.

Please do not engage in sniping, goading or name calling as such conduct will attract penalties.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4081 on: August 04, 2018, 04:25:28 PM »
When it comes to the law cherry picking is the norm

It is clear to me that the SC have stated that the McCanns do not benefit from the POI because the investigation did not deem them innocent....that is a crystal clear  breach of the ECHR

For some reason you have ignored my post (2 before yours) in which the SC Address the POI issue.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4082 on: August 04, 2018, 04:31:06 PM »
You have not provided a cite where they claim the McCann's are innocent ...it's clear they are invoking the POI

2.2. The appellants complete their allegations with the following conclusions :

Snip

c. It shakes also the honour, the good name and the image of any innocent person, and already cleared before through the filing dispatch of a criminal investigation

Snip
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4083 on: August 04, 2018, 05:21:55 PM »
For some reason you have ignored my post (2 before yours) in which the SC Address the POI issue.

im only on here 23/7 now

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4084 on: August 04, 2018, 05:22:30 PM »

epic fail by you imo...no mention of the word innocent

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4085 on: August 04, 2018, 05:29:24 PM »
Perhaps because the original translations made by Astro etc are actually quite accurate in most instances. Once the supporters admit the translations are good to go then they lose that stick to beat the sceptics with.

Of course they do have a supposed Portuguese speakers eg Pedro. I am sure he/she could have done a translation in 11 years, assuming they do speak Portuguese of course
I thought you were new to this scene - how do you know about Pedro?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #4086 on: August 04, 2018, 05:33:03 PM »
I thought you were new to this scene - how do you know about Pedro?

Perhaps only new to this forum.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4087 on: August 04, 2018, 05:34:25 PM »
Perhaps only new to this forum.
Gave the impression of being new to the case too unless I’m very much mistaken.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Sunny

« Reply #4088 on: August 04, 2018, 05:46:24 PM »
I am new to the case and new to McCann forums too. I became interested because of Brenda leyland.  I did a lot of looking before I decided which forum to join and I decided on this one.

I have spent a lot of time reading up on the case and that has involved me reading forums as well as the files.  I read a lot of posts on here for months before I committed to joining by the way.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 12:29:56 PM by John »
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Sunny

« Reply #4089 on: August 04, 2018, 05:58:53 PM »
Yes I do.

OK thanks Vertigo Swirl (great name by the way)
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4090 on: August 04, 2018, 06:03:51 PM »
OK thanks Vertigo Swirl (great name by the way)
Thanks!

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4091 on: August 04, 2018, 06:17:59 PM »
epic fail by you imo...no mention of the word innocent

What do you think cleared means?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4092 on: August 04, 2018, 06:46:58 PM »
What do you think cleared means?

well it doesnt mean proved innocent does it...cleared of their suspect status posssibly.......I dont think there is a precise legal definition
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 06:49:21 PM by Davel »

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #4093 on: August 04, 2018, 06:54:27 PM »
well it doesnt mean proved innocent does it...ckeared of their suspect status posssibly.......I dont think there is a precise legal definition

If cleared doesn’t relate to innocent, then not cleared, which is what the SC said, must likewise be unrelated.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4094 on: August 04, 2018, 07:01:45 PM »
If cleared doesn’t relate to innocent, then not cleared, which is what the SC said, must likewise be unrelated.

cleared relates to innocence.....but doesnt mean innocent