Author Topic: Maddie cops seek yet more cash  (Read 54507 times)

Offline The General

Re: Maddie cops seek yet more cash
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2020, 07:47:46 AM »
Looks like Admin’ s being kept abreast of Op Grange’s failures too.  So many people on here with the inside track, it’s quite amazing.
Stick with us kid, you're learning. And there's plenty more where that came from [conspiratorial winking yellow emoji]
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2020, 08:07:07 AM »
Stick with us kid, you're learning. And there's plenty more where that came from [conspiratorial winking yellow emoji]
As someone who’s been involved in online discussions about this case for nearly 13 years I don’t think I have anything more to learn about the kind of bullshit that some people claim to know about what’s going on behind the scenes, but thanks for the attention.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #47 on: March 05, 2020, 09:41:50 AM »
As someone who’s been involved in online discussions about this case for nearly 13 years I don’t think I have anything more to learn about the kind of bullshit that some people claim to know about what’s going on behind the scenes, but thanks for the attention.
No problem. As you say, inside track.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #48 on: March 05, 2020, 09:51:56 AM »
If Madeleine was abducted chances are it was by someone local who still lives in the area so why would you think it ludicrous or contemptible that the Met, as part of their investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance would want to interview or re-interview people from PdL?

You have to wonder why, if it was the Met, they chose to speak to the monkey and not the organ grinder. Jehle wasn't hard to find, was he?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #49 on: March 05, 2020, 10:09:18 AM »
You have to wonder why, if it was the Met, they chose to speak to the monkey and not the organ grinder. Jehle wasn't hard to find, was he?

im sure they had their reasons

Offline jassi

« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2020, 10:26:45 AM »

Perhaps the German authorities weren't convinced of the justification. Police forces can't just walk in and  interview who they like in a foreign country.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #51 on: March 05, 2020, 11:02:46 AM »
We've only heard from the monkey through the medium of a tabloid and now the silence is deafening.  I don't think there is much profit in placing too much reliance on that although it was interesting to get information about police searches not in the files to which we have access.

I think the good news is that Scotland Yard are not making any obvious preparation to let us know they are starting to wind down.  Quite the reverse if they are asking for continued funding to keep going.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #52 on: March 05, 2020, 11:13:18 AM »
We've only heard from the monkey through the medium of a tabloid and now the silence is deafening.  I don't think there is much profit in placing too much reliance on that although it was interesting to get information about police searches not in the files to which we have access.

I think the good news is that Scotland Yard are not making any obvious preparation to let us know they are starting to wind down.  Quite the reverse if they are asking for continued funding to keep going.
In 2010, there were around 3,630 Sure Start centres. By late 2017, the number of Sure Start centres had fallen by around 1,200. The National Audit Office found that spending by councils in England on Sure Start fell by 50% in real terms from 2010/11 to 2016/17.
Spend the £300k on something that will positively impact 1000's of young lives.
If the McCann's want to continue searching, then perhaps ask the public to donate again - let them decide.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2020, 11:24:07 AM »
In 2010, there were around 3,630 Sure Start centres. By late 2017, the number of Sure Start centres had fallen by around 1,200. The National Audit Office found that spending by councils in England on Sure Start fell by 50% in real terms from 2010/11 to 2016/17.
If the McCann's want to continue searching, then perhaps ask the public to donate again - let them decide.

Scotland Yard have requested money to allow them to continue working to solve a crime and that is the theme of this thread ... not your perception that government appears to be neglecting their duty to provide money to councils to provide essential public services.

Please make the attempt to post on topic.  Thank you.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2020, 11:44:10 AM »

Are the McCaans asking for the further cash or Operation Gange.?
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline The General

« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2020, 11:46:19 AM »

Are the McCaans asking for the further cash or Operation Gange.?
No. Not the point. If the cash dried up they could employ private detectives - real ones this time.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2020, 11:49:22 AM »
No. Not the point. If the cash dried up they could employ private detectives - real ones this time.

It is the point of your post.
You want the public to decide whether the search should continue.
That is a choice for the current investigation to make, not the public.
Or do you want another referendum?

Offline The General

« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2020, 11:54:29 AM »
It is the point of your post.
You want the public to decide whether the search should continue.
That is a choice for the current investigation to make, not the public.
Or do you want another referendum?
No. They could do a round of GoFundMe. There's thousands of gullible sops out there willing to splurge on such things. Let the public decide if they want to pay.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2020, 11:57:25 AM »
No. They could do a round of GoFundMe. There's thousands of gullible sops out there willing to splurge on such things. Let the public decide if they want to pay.

Who could do a round of GoFundMe?
Operation Grange who have asked for extra funding?
You DO want a referendum!

Offline The General

« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2020, 11:58:41 AM »
Who could do a round of GoFundMe?
Operation Grange who have asked for extra funding?
You DO want a referendum!
Eh? Referendum for what? You're on the internet right now, you know that right?
GoFundMe? Patreon?