Author Topic: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.  (Read 46874 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Baby boy missing on the island of Madeira found safe and well.
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2014, 11:51:19 PM »
I am so so happy to hear that news!

Thanks god! And thanks universe!

Finally some good news!

Re him walking a long distance, my little niece went missing on a beach, she was 2 and she walked to the third beach around, some 500 meters.. the beaches were full of people and nobody noticed it.. police was called but luckily someone brought her back :)

So a child is able to walk for a long distance.

But 3 km is a bit too long!

When I was little a little boy went missing in my grandma's region, he 3 years old, the search went on for 4 days and they found him dead and frozen on a mountain, around 30 km away.. how he got there nobody knew.  8)><(

That story really changed my life.. The boy was having an afternoon nap with his mum, mum was tired and she did not notice him sneaking out of the bed. He went  out and met his little girl friend and they decided to to go to his grandad's but they got lost, the girl was found alive one km away but the search for boy was for days.. it was so much rain and so cold, people were exhausted but they never stopped searching until they found him. :(

I'm very happy that the little boy in Madeira has been found. And I feel sad about the story from your childhood. I can understand that it must have touched you.

Offline Sherlock Holmes

« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2014, 12:57:37 AM »
You can see where the toddler was found and the man who found him. The father refused to answer to the journalist.
http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/503/sociedade/madeira-crianca-rapto-pj-coordenador-daniel/1530661-4071.html

The video is incredible. Amazing good fortune that the man found him when he did, in such a relatively remote area.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2014, 05:30:55 AM »

I would be most surprised if he got there on his own.  That water gully scared me witless.  And God forbid if he had been found dead due to an accident.  Who would have believed his parents were innocent?  No wonder his father didn't want to speak to the journalist.  He was half way to being stitched up.

Offline John

« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2014, 09:48:43 AM »
You can see where the toddler was found and the man who found him. The father refused to answer to the journalist.
http://www.tvi24.iol.pt/503/sociedade/madeira-crianca-rapto-pj-coordenador-daniel/1530661-4071.html

How on earth an 18-month-old baby manage to get so far in such terrain is incredible.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2014, 09:55:13 AM »
Thank goodness the baby has been found.

I find it strange that people who slate the McCann's for leaving their children unattended do not mention how terrible it is that the Portuguese police called off their search during the evening whilst this poor baby was missing. How could any police force find it acceptable to call off the search knowing that an 18 month old child could be out there on his own.

I bet they were gobsmacked when he turned up 2 km away and in such rough terrain.   I can understand them calling off the search when Daniel was nowhere to be found within a km of his godparents house, just goes to show though.  Had he fallen into a ditch and been drowned and then found would they now be looking for an abductor/killer?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 09:59:49 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Lyall

« Reply #110 on: January 23, 2014, 10:00:43 AM »
I would be most surprised if he got there on his own.  That water gully scared me witless.  And God forbid if he had been found dead due to an accident.  Who would have believed his parents were innocent?  No wonder his father didn't want to speak to the journalist.  He was half way to being stitched up.

Maybe he needed to find himself a spokesperson >@@(*&)

Offline Luz

« Reply #111 on: January 23, 2014, 10:03:51 AM »
The video is incredible. Amazing good fortune that the man found him when he did, in such a relatively remote area.

Not a remote area. It's a place that is daily checked by public servants to make sure the water flows through those channels ("levadas") and that it is very close from where the child went missing.
Whoever took him made sure he was found within a very short period after he was left there. No signs of hypothermia although it was very low temperature. Only mild signs of dehydration that were immediately corrected at the Hospital.

The PJ are investigating the parents, close relatives and friends as the most probably implicated.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2014, 10:12:28 AM »
I bet they were gobsmacked when he turned up 2 km away and in such rough terrain.   I can understand them calling off the search when Daniel was nowhere to be found within a km of his godparents house, just goes to show though.  Had he fallen into a ditch and been drowned and then found would they now be looking for an abductor/killer?

Of course they wouldn't.  Would you?  Even I might have been sucked in.

The whole thing is a disgrace.  Have The PJ not learned anything?

And just as a matter of interest, it was bright moonlight here for all of the three nights.  Same time, give one hour, and the same hemisphere.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2014, 10:17:49 AM »
Not a remote area. It's a place that is daily checked by public servants to make sure the water flows through those channels ("levadas") and that it is very close from where the child went missing.
Whoever took him made sure he was found within a very short period after he was left there. No signs of hypothermia although it was very low temperature. Only mild signs of dehydration that were immediately corrected at the Hospital.

The PJ are investigating the parents, close relatives and friends as the most probably implicated.

So the parents dropped him off half way up a Levada and hoped he would drown or die from some other means?

Do you ever read what you write?  Or are you just obsessed with parents killing their children?

Offline Luz

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2014, 10:27:46 AM »
Of course they wouldn't.  Would you?  Even I might have been sucked in.

The whole thing is a disgrace.  Have The PJ not learned anything?

And just as a matter of interest, it was bright moonlight here for all of the three nights.  Same time, give one hour, and the same hemisphere.

Are you crazy?!!!!
That was a strategic move that worked very well. It could have given a different result, but it worked. By taking pressure from whoever abducted the child they gave place for the child to be returned alive and well.

You should restrain from talking about what you don't know - there was a whole planned police operation that gave the results that were impossible with and by the McCann.

I know, different cases: here we had a live child in the latter there was a dead one.

Offline Carana

« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:19 AM »
The latest seems to be that the PJ now suspect that he was kidnapped to be sold.

Polícia suspeita de rapto de bebé para venda

Criança de 18 meses já apareceu, mas a PJ prossegue a investigação, Saiba todos os pormenores no CM.

http://www.cmjornal.xl.pt/detalhe/noticias/exclusivo-cm/policia-suspeita-de-rapto-de-bebe-para-venda

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2014, 10:41:53 AM »
Are you crazy?!!!!
That was a strategic move that worked very well. It could have given a different result, but it worked. By taking pressure from whoever abducted the child they gave place for the child to be returned alive and well.

You should restrain from talking about what you don't know - there was a whole planned police operation that gave the results that were impossible with and by the McCann.

I know, different cases: here we had a live child in the latter there was a dead one.

Ah, I see.  A strategic move by The PJ.  Leave a small baby lying around in the undergrowth where he might die or drown. So don't bother to look for him.  Good thinking, Batman.  And then if he is found dead we can always blame the parents.
I can see how that might work.  For The PJ.  Tough shit for the baby.

Offline Carana

« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2014, 10:53:34 AM »

Didn't the doctor say his body temperature was 35C, or did I mishear?

http://www.publico.pt/multimedia/video/bebe-reaparece-na-madeira-2014122150162

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2014, 10:58:10 AM »
Didn't the doctor say his body temperature was 35C, or did I mishear?

http://www.publico.pt/multimedia/video/bebe-reaparece-na-madeira-2014122150162

He was suffering from mild hypothermia.  But you can always rely on Luz to leave out pertinent facts if it suits her.

Offline jassi

« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2014, 11:32:35 AM »
This would suggest that he had not been outside since his disappearance, but had been placed there shortly before he was discovered.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future