Author Topic: Why abduct a child with parents when abducting an orphan would attract much less attention?  (Read 16532 times)

AnneGuedes

Another reason I think Madeleine wasn't sourced is because of her eye defect which would have been almost impossible to disguise for any length of time. 
Madeleine's own mother said the coloboma was hardly noticeable, the eyes' colour being not clear.

Offline VIXTE

What do you mean ? The about hundred British paedophiles who live in the Algarve ?

And who says there was none of them among the foreign OC workers working with children..they came from God knows where, and their past was never checked out..

I doubt Portugal has an equivalent of CRB check ( now called DBS) or even if they do then  if a resort like MW comes under this law..
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 05:01:07 PM by VIXTE »

Offline Sherlock Holmes

What do you mean ? The about hundred British paedophiles who live in the Algarve ?

Absolutely. And hanging around the OC would present them with opportunities.

Redblossom

total speculation

Offline jassi

total speculation

Indeed. I don't think the police have ever suggested that the place was infested with paedophiles, either working or on a vacation.
Somebody has a vivid imagination.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Angelo222

Madeleine's own mother said the coloboma was hardly noticeable, the eyes' colour being not clear.

The photos tell a different story.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

AnneGuedes

Hanging around the OC ?  Read the local witnesses instead of believing the rumour (= smoke without fire)  launched by Mrs McCann's book about selective intruders abusing British kids.

AnneGuedes

The photos tell a different story.
A close-up (old if you consider how fast children change at that age).

Offline Mr Gray

There are many, many abandoned children on our planet. They are  ideal preys for paedophile gangs. Why would those abduct a child from his bed and have police forces pursing them ?

in the Uk , maternity hospitals are like jails...with extreme security to get in and out...because people stole babies from uk hospitals

Redblossom

EDITED to add more info

Hanging around the OC ?  Read the local witnesses instead of believing the rumour (= smoke without fire)  launched by Mrs McCann's book about selective intruders abusing British kids.

David Edgar mentioned this string of attacks in the general area but I cant fnd the newspaper report now, it detailes dates and areas, will keep looking, but it was before the book

I found these though

The company was replaced by a team led by former RUC police chief Dave Edgar and Arthur Cowley, who had 30 years’ experience with the British police. These experienced detectives brought a fresh and newly meticulous method of investigating the disappearance. Edgar said he firmly believed there was a good chance that Madeleine was still alive. He said: “This rural, sprawling terrain makes it extremely difficult to search. You could quite easily keep a child there for years and no one else would know.” He said there were as many as NINE sex attacks on children in the area around Praia da Luz between 2005 and 2007. The victims included British kids. Some cases happened just 20 miles from the resort.

Six of the victims were girls aged between three and ten. Speaking about Madeleine, Edgar said: “The key thing is, no body has been found. When paedophiles kill, they often dump the body nearby - and this isn’t the case here. Even if Maddie had been dumped in the sea by the resort, the ocean often gives up its victims. Until I find evidence that she is dead, I will keep going

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/78oct13/Sun_19_10_2013.htm

The sinister story of the subsequent police investigation serves as a very poor indictment on the Portuguese police, whose reaction was flabby, unintelligent and plain slack. One hopes they have put protocols in place to correct their procedures now. It is also terrifying to read that subsequent investigations revealed that in the three years prior to the McCann's visit to Portugal, five cases of children being sexually assaulted in their beds, while their parents slept in adjoining rooms, within an hour's drive of where they stayed, had been recorded. There are too many "if onlys" — and each one on its own was enough to fail Madeleine.

http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global%5B_id%5D=64175

Mr Edgar is convinced she was kidnapped and his team are still receiving a “substantial number” of calls and e-mails containing new information. While previous inquiries have led officers as far afield as Argentina and Australia, the focus is now firmly back in Portugal. The source went on: “They believe the answer lies in Praia da Luz. New information continues to come in.”

Links between the case and at least five sex attacks on British children near Praia da Luz have been ruled out.

Many known paedophiles in the area have also been discounted.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/01/rent-cop-dave-edgar-maddie-is-alive-and.html

Eta I found the quote from the newspaper

APRIL 14, 2004: Praia do Carvoeiro, Lagoa, 20 miles from Praia da Luz (PDA). s.e.x assault on 10-year-old girl.

JUNE 9 2005: Sao Rafael, near Sesmarias, 50 miles from PDA. s.e.x assault on nine-year-old girl.

JUNE 2 2006: Praia do Carvoeiro, Lagoa, 20 miles from PDA. s.e.x assault on seven-year-old girl and her 10-year-old sister in separate rooms.

OCTOBER 29 2006: Albufeira, 45 miles from PDA. s.e.x assault on eight-year-old girl

CHRISTMAS DAY, 2006: Silves, 35 miles from PDA. Attempted abduction of three-year-old girl.

MAY 28 2007: Albufeira. 45 miles from PDA. Intruder disturbed at the bottom of nine-year-old girl's bed.

It doesnt all add up
« Last Edit: February 27, 2014, 10:33:31 PM by Redblossom »

AnneGuedes

total speculation
But I'm sure many people see the Algarve as a barbarian country.

Redblossom

But I'm sure many people see the Algarve as a barbarian country.

More fools them

AnneGuedes

David Edgar mentioned this string of attacks in the general area but I cant fnd the newspaper report now, it detailes dates and areas, will keep looking, but it was before the book

I found these though

The company was replaced by a team led by former RUC police chief Dave Edgar and Arthur Cowley, who had 30 years’ experience with the British police. These experienced detectives brought a fresh and newly meticulous method of investigating the disappearance. Edgar said he firmly believed there was a good chance that Madeleine was still alive. He said: “This rural, sprawling terrain makes it extremely difficult to search. You could quite easily keep a child there for years and no one else would know.” He said there were as many as NINE sex attacks on children in the area around Praia da Luz between 2005 and 2007. The victims included British kids. Some cases happened just 20 miles from the resort.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/press/78oct13/Sun_19_10_2013.htm

The sinister story of the subsequent police investigation serves as a very poor indictment on the Portuguese police, whose reaction was flabby, unintelligent and plain slack. One hopes they have put protocols in place to correct their procedures now. It is also terrifying to read that subsequent investigations revealed that in the three years prior to the McCann's visit to Portugal, five cases of children being sexually assaulted in their beds, while their parents slept in adjoining rooms, within an hour's drive of where they stayed, had been recorded. There are too many "if onlys" — and each one on its own was enough to fail Madeleine.

http://www.witness.co.za/index.php?showcontent&global%5B_id%5D=64175

Mr Edgar is convinced she was kidnapped and his team are still receiving a “substantial number” of calls and e-mails containing new information. While previous inquiries have led officers as far afield as Argentina and Australia, the focus is now firmly back in Portugal. The source went on: “They believe the answer lies in Praia da Luz. New information continues to come in.”

Links between the case and at least five sex attacks on British children near Praia da Luz have been ruled out.

Many known paedophiles in the area have also been discounted.

http://joana-morais.blogspot.com/2010/01/rent-cop-dave-edgar-maddie-is-alive-and.html
Of course no source, only rumours which served very well the McCanns (also one has to reckon that Edgar and co had to provide something for the money they got), though those maniacs abused in bed and not from bed.

Offline sadie

Another reason I think Madeleine wasn't sourced is because of her eye defect which would have been almost impossible to disguise for any length of time.  Sadie mentioned contact lenses and dark glasses at one time but those are only interim measures and in any event, contact lenses and a 3 year old just don't work.  My own opinion is that some local child abuser saw the opportunity to grab her and has hidden her in the hills somewhere not too far from PdL.

http://www.clspectrum.com/articleviewer.aspx?articleID=104098

Photos 3A and 3B

I had a much better webpage than this before, but cannot find it now. 
I doubt that she would have worn such contact lenses at the age of 4 ... but a four year old could be vanished quite easily for a couple or so years, if money is no object.  By the age of six or seven, my guess is if that peeps were saying that UGH her eyes looked like snakes eyes, she would quickly embrace the wearing of contact lenses.

Little girls can be very vain.

Offline slartibartfast

http://www.clspectrum.com/articleviewer.aspx?articleID=104098

Photos 3A and 3B

I had a much better webpage than this before, but cannot find it now. 
I doubt that she would have worn such contact lenses at the age of 4 ... but a four year old could be vanished quite easily for a couple or so years, if money is no object.  By the age of six or seven, my guess is if that peeps were saying that UGH her eyes looked like snakes eyes, she would quickly embrace the wearing of contact lenses.

Little girls can be very vain.

Well we know that Madeleine was described as...

...a very striking err beautiful child, I’d almost if I want a better phrase call her doll-like, you know she was very, you know I think, you know very unique looking child err, she’d got very pretty, you know blonde hair err in a bob, she was quite a petite err child and you know she was very bubbly, very err you know she was a very good child to, to interact with. She was very bright, you could have a lot of fun with Madeleine  ... She was, you know, very, she is a very beautiful child and good fun.”

But why would money be no object. If you want to abduct a little girl then surely you pick one with no unique identifying features and preferably one whose parents are less likely to as politically savee.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.