Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240850 times)

Offline Alice Purjorick

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #615 on: August 13, 2016, 07:20:42 PM »

An eye opener here on welfare:

http://visual.ons.gov.uk/welfare-spending/

http://www.nuffieldtrust.org.uk/nhs-numbers-0

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/defence-budget-increases-for-the-first-time-in-six-years

The New Theory :
Carousel on your 65th birthday (see Logan's Run). No child minding credits for Class B's and C1's, do what you expect the sponging Class D's to do.
Pay what you can afford to toward your treatment and it's only totally free at point of use for those on £25k pa or less.
Don't pick fights with foreign countries.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #616 on: August 13, 2016, 07:30:49 PM »
What do you call those who don't receive wages and who rely on state support to live?  According to your definition I am working class but don't see how Jeremy is going to improve my lot as he will no doubt be anxious to put my taxes up!

Like all governments Alfie he will hit the middle bit of the distribution curve good and hard. That's where the dosh is most readily accessible. If you are on up to £60k on PAYE you have no hope. If it's not raised on income tax it will be a sneaky dog's dinner tax that hits the same group. Labour do it with income tax the Tories, the party of low income taxation, do it with dog's dinner taxes...........wake up. The first track on Revolver tells all  ?{)(**
What's your idea on how to raise the revenue then?  ignoring the colour of the monkey's rosette cos when push comes to shove it's about raising cash to run the country not political idealism.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline mercury

« Reply #617 on: August 14, 2016, 12:47:22 AM »
What a topsy turvy world we inhabit on this forum, one in which it is the Tories who are in a mess, and not the Labour Party!!  One in which we can casually ignore polls and believe that the country is simple gagging to vote Jeremy in as PM.   *&*%£
the tories have a disgraceful history off of their last two terms in power, sadly people have short memories or dont care
Corbyn is playing them all and good on him
Hes too long in the tooth to be told anything at all  by fkwits from whatever party
They are all being truly  taught a lesson or two
He is a man of principle, is proving it, and you and countless others will be the fool at the end of it

Offline mercury

« Reply #618 on: August 14, 2016, 12:51:40 AM »
The Conservative and Unionist Party have to extricate themselves from the mire they created by having two long running factions, one of which is in favour of remaining in the EU the other is not. Does anyone seriously believe these factions have suddenly disappeared and everyone is of single accord ? Watch this space when the recess is over.
Mr Cameron offered a referendum more to stuff a bun in the mouth of one faction and to divest himself of another monkey that was on his back than for any other reason. It didn't pan out except for divesting himself of one monkey.

Next General Election due 2020 it is pointless talking about Mr Corbyn's merit as a PM until we know he is a contender *. Or more importantly what the world looks like in 2020.
Unless this is a proxy war of course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz6YMrJt7xk

p.s as for opposition, like her or loathe her Ms Sturgeon will rally her troops well enough to provide an effective opposition. She will make plenty of bullets for Mr Robertson to fire I am sure... ?{)(**
Indeed shes no pushover, shes a steady grip

Alfie

« Reply #619 on: August 14, 2016, 09:18:11 AM »
the tories have a disgraceful history off of their last two terms in power, sadly people have short memories or dont care
Corbyn is playing them all and good on him
Hes too long in the tooth to be told anything at all  by fkwits from whatever party
They are all being truly  taught a lesson or two
He is a man of principle, is proving it, and you and countless others will be the fool at the end of it
How so?  The only way I and others will be the fool at the end of it is if Jeremy becomes PM.  That simply is not going to happen, no matter how hard you wish for it to be so. 

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #620 on: August 14, 2016, 10:37:17 AM »
I remain with bated breath waiting to hear Alfie's alternative proposals to taxation for revenue generation.

Alfie

« Reply #621 on: August 14, 2016, 11:53:14 AM »
I remain with bated breath waiting to hear Alfie's alternative proposals to taxation for revenue generation.
1) I have never suggested that we should not be taxed at all.
2) This thread is not about what I would do, but about what Jeremy Corbyn plans to do when he is PM (chortle).
3) This is the last time I respond to your goading comments.

Goodbye.  &8#£%

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #622 on: August 14, 2016, 02:16:40 PM »
2) This thread is not about what I would do, but about what Jeremy Corbyn plans to do when he is PM (chortle).

Goodbye.  &8#£%

I wonder if his plans would affect you, or were you crying wolf for no reason.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Alfie

« Reply #623 on: August 14, 2016, 04:02:27 PM »
I wonder if his plans would affect you, or were you crying wolf for no reason.
Yes they would affect me of course, they would affect most people in this country one way or another. 

Any idea yet what he plans to do with regard Brexit?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 04:29:26 PM by Alfie »

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #624 on: August 14, 2016, 06:34:18 PM »
Yes they would affect me of course, they would affect most people in this country one way or another. 

Any idea yet what he plans to do with regard Brexit?

His tax gathering plan wouldn't affect me because I don't pay Corporation Tax or the higher rste of PAYE. The average salary is £26,500, but everyone below £43,000.01 would escape the rise in the higher rate of PAYE.

A 1% rise in Corporation Tax might lead to some price rises, I suppose, but if the money was used to invest in infrastructure and encouraging industry that would be good.
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #625 on: August 14, 2016, 06:47:29 PM »
Under The Tories more and more people have been taken out of paying any income tax at all* nearly 50% in fact, whilst over a quarter of all taxes raised are paid by just 300,000 people.  It would be interesting to see how Jeremy's tax policies would change these figures.

* amended for the benefit of the pedants amongst us.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:36:42 PM by Alfie »

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #626 on: August 14, 2016, 07:14:12 PM »

Goodbye.  &8#£%

So you consider it goading for me to lead out with a question which tries to determine whether you object to taxation in principle or the idea that Mr Corbyn, in your eyes, would have no right to raise revenue through taxation by whatever means if he ever became PM ?
How else can a government raise income?. So in the event Corbyn put up income tax so what ? provided he delivers the necessary services. Or you could have the present alternative if you like. Taxation is not increased resulting in crap services. I guess it is a difficult concept to get ones head around.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #627 on: August 14, 2016, 07:22:12 PM »
Under The Tories more and more people have been taken out of paying any tax at all, nearly 50% in fact, whilst over a quarter of all taxes raised are paid by just 300,000 people.  It would be interesting to see how Jeremy's tax policies would change these figures.

Do you mean they are exempt from paying, VAT , Insurance Premium Tax, fuel tax, road fund tax and all that good stuff?
Where do I join up ...........?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #628 on: August 14, 2016, 07:42:01 PM »
Under The Tories more and more people have been taken out of paying any tax at all, nearly 50% in fact, whilst over a quarter of all taxes raised are paid by just 300,000 people.  It would be interesting to see how Jeremy's tax policies would change these figures.

The personal allowance is £ 11,000, so you pay nothing if you earn less than that. Who are these lucky people? Those on minimum wage? It depends on your age and how many hours you work.

Age 18 - 20 £5,39 per hour. Multiplied by 37.5 hours per week is £ 10, 335 per annum. So they pay no tax.
Age 21-24 £ 6.70 per hour. Calculate as above £ 12,090 per annum. They pay tax.
Age 25 plus £ 7.20 per hour. Calculate as above £ 14,040 per annum. They pay tax.

It would seem that those paying no tax are either young workers or part-time workers.

So a full time adult worker on minimum wage pays tax. If they have a family they also get top-ups; working tax credits etc. Raising the minimum wage would mean less top-ups would be needed. That would add to the governments coffers. Would companies then be less competitive because of the higher wages bill? Perhaps those at the top might a] take a pay cut or b] earn their higher salaries by finding ways to cut costs elsewhere.

Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #629 on: August 14, 2016, 08:49:59 PM »
The personal allowance is £ 11,000, so you pay nothing if you earn less than that. Who are these lucky people? Those on minimum wage? It depends on your age and how many hours you work.

Age 18 - 20 £5,39 per hour. Multiplied by 37.5 hours per week is £ 10, 335 per annum. So they pay no tax.
Age 21-24 £ 6.70 per hour. Calculate as above £ 12,090 per annum. They pay tax.
Age 25 plus £ 7.20 per hour. Calculate as above £ 14,040 per annum. They pay tax.

It would seem that those paying no tax are either young workers or part-time workers.

So a full time adult worker on minimum wage pays tax. If they have a family they also get top-ups; working tax credits etc. Raising the minimum wage would mean less top-ups would be needed. That would add to the governments coffers. Would companies then be less competitive because of the higher wages bill? Perhaps those at the top might a] take a pay cut or b] earn their higher salaries by finding ways to cut costs elsewhere.
or c) move to countries with lower taxes?