Author Topic: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!  (Read 240605 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Jeremy Corbyn for PM!!
« Reply #675 on: August 22, 2016, 08:06:57 AM »
You patronizing tone has been noted.  In return I take it you understand the meanng of the word "would", and the hypothetical nature of my question?  Maybe not...

Sorry, Alfie. I tend to try to stick to facts, not hypotheses.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #676 on: August 22, 2016, 01:04:44 PM »
Amaral
Grime
Trump
Corbyn
????
faites vos jeux in the "Who Will Be The Next Boogah Man Stakes".

Is there a common thread here one wonders?

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #677 on: August 22, 2016, 02:00:56 PM »
Amaral
Grime
Trump
Corbyn
????
faites vos jeux in the "Who Will Be The Next Boogah Man Stakes".

Is there a common thread here one wonders?

The common thread seems to be that demonising people no longer works [if it ever did]. If anything it increases their support.  @)(++(*
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #678 on: August 22, 2016, 04:57:45 PM »
The common thread seems to be that demonising people no longer works [if it ever did]. If anything it increases their support.  @)(++(*
In what way do you believe I have "demonised" Corbyn and in what way do you believe that me, expressing my genuinely held opinion about the man has not only failed in some way but also actually increased support for the man?  Are you suggesting that by holding this debate with you I have turned you from a non-Corbyn supporter, into a supporter?  Are you furthermore suggesting that expressing a negative opinion about a politician be it Corbyn or Trump equals demonising them,  and that therefore one should simply be quiet on the subject or only say pleasant things about them?  That Donald Trump has such fine hands and is surely a super and successful businessman, whilst Jeremy Corbyn looks very kind and I'd happily let him babysit my kids.  Is that more the sort of observations you think we should be making in a discussion about these politicians?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #679 on: August 22, 2016, 06:33:15 PM »
In what way do you believe I have "demonised" Corbyn and in what way do you believe that me, expressing my genuinely held opinion about the man has not only failed in some way but also actually increased support for the man?  Are you suggesting that by holding this debate with you I have turned you from a non-Corbyn supporter, into a supporter?  Are you furthermore suggesting that expressing a negative opinion about a politician be it Corbyn or Trump equals demonising them,  and that therefore one should simply be quiet on the subject or only say pleasant things about them?  That Donald Trump has such fine hands and is surely a super and successful businessman, whilst Jeremy Corbyn looks very kind and I'd happily let him babysit my kids.  Is that more the sort of observations you think we should be making in a discussion about these politicians?

I wasn't actually thinking of you Alfie, I was thinking of the media.
Result = happy posting.

Offline mercury

« Reply #680 on: August 22, 2016, 11:16:16 PM »
There seems to be somene new every day doing it, he really must be the new wicked wizard of the west or is it east, cant remember my wizard of oz lol
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 11:26:05 PM by mercury »

Alfie

« Reply #681 on: August 23, 2016, 03:05:18 AM »
You were responding to a comment by Alice which was a list of men that have come under criticism specifically on this forum - I don't believe Grime has ever been demonised in the press for instance.  It's clear Alice's dig was at posters on this forum, not the media however you chose to interpret it.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #682 on: August 23, 2016, 09:12:37 AM »
You were responding to a comment by Alice which was a list of men that have come under criticism specifically on this forum - I don't believe Grime has ever been demonised in the press for instance.  It's clear Alice's dig was at posters on this forum, not the media however you chose to interpret it.

My list might differ somewhat to be fair, although Grime took some hits over Jersey, all of which mentioned his connection to the McCann case.

I caught sight of Amaral and immediately thought of the support he received despite the media slating him. No-one posting on here has the power to affect public opinion imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #683 on: August 23, 2016, 10:14:31 AM »

I thought I was on ignore?
It was a general pop about how people are turned into Boogah Men on the basis not of what they actually said or did but on the basis of what someone else said they said or did mostly as reported the press then modified by the reader according to his prejudices.
The most notorious of which became known as "The Rivers of Blood Speech". Guess what he did not say?
It is worth a read in the light of today's shenanigans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/3643823/Enoch-Powells-Rivers-of-Blood-speech.html

But back to the plot with Mr Corbyn.
He is the legally elected leader of the Labour Party which also is HM Opposition. Just what is the beef ?
Whether he is electable as PM or not is irrelevant, see the bit in bold italics in the preceding sentence.
Trying to second guess what he would do now as PM, if elected, based on what you think he might have done 40 years ago is a bit futile but entertaining for the rest of us.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #684 on: August 23, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »
I thought I was on ignore?
It was a general pop about how people are turned into Boogah Men on the basis not of what they actually said or did but on the basis of what someone else said they said or did mostly as reported the press then modified by the reader according to his prejudices.
The most notorious of which became known as "The Rivers of Blood Speech". Guess what he did not say?
It is worth a read in the light of today's shenanigans.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/3643823/Enoch-Powells-Rivers-of-Blood-speech.html

But back to the plot with Mr Corbyn.
He is the legally elected leader of the Labour Party which also is HM Opposition. Just what is the beef ?
Whether he is electable as PM or not is irrelevant, see the bit in bold italics in the preceding sentence.
Trying to second guess what he would do now as PM, if elected, based on what you think he might have done 40 years ago is a bit futile but entertaining for the rest of us.

It was perfectly obvious to me that Ed Milliband wasn't going to win a general election, but he didn't get the flack Corbyn has suffered. Was that because in the unlikely event that he did win he was seen as 'a safe pair of hands'?

Corbyn's intentions are very clear; nationlisation, council house building, more union influence, public ownership of the NHS. Shock horror! It would take the Tory's ages to reverse all that next time they were elected. He must be stopped!
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #685 on: August 23, 2016, 01:24:42 PM »
Corbyn has had a message of support from Bernie Sanders in the US. The US  media portrayed him as unelectable also, but Sanders said the reality was that he was electable but posed a threat to the establishment.

Seems he agrees with my suspicions as to  Corbyn has been so comprehensively attacked by all sides.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/23/bernie-sanders-backs-jeremy-corbyn-in-labour-leadership-race/
Result = happy posting.

Alfie

« Reply #686 on: August 23, 2016, 01:25:09 PM »
It was perfectly obvious to me that Ed Milliband wasn't going to win a general election, but he didn't get the flack Corbyn has suffered. Was that because in the unlikely event that he did win he was seen as 'a safe pair of hands'?

Corbyn's intentions are very clear; nationlisation, council house building, more union influence, public ownership of the NHS. Shock horror! It would take the Tory's ages to reverse all that next time they were elected. He must be stopped!
Miliband got huge amounts of flack from the media.  He was a laughing stock by the time of the GE, you must have a very short memory.  But at least he was someone cabable of leading a united party, one who had not voted against his own party throughout his political life.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 05:38:31 PM by John »

Alfie

« Reply #687 on: August 23, 2016, 01:28:26 PM »
Corbyn has had a message of support from Bernie Sanders in the US. The US  media portrayed him as unelectable also, but Sanders said the reality was that he was electable but posed a threat to the establishment.

Seems he agrees with my suspicions as to  Corbyn has been so comprehensively attacked by all sides.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/23/bernie-sanders-backs-jeremy-corbyn-in-labour-leadership-race/
If he was electable why did Hillary get 3 million more votes...?

Alfie

« Reply #688 on: August 23, 2016, 01:42:28 PM »

What are Corbyn's very clear intentions with regard The EU??

stephen25000

« Reply #689 on: August 23, 2016, 02:38:34 PM »
What are Corbyn's very clear intentions with regard The EU??

I would suggest b....r all.