Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243589 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #1605 on: April 24, 2019, 05:20:35 PM »
In my opinion you are simply airing your opinions about your 'skills' and about the McCanns.

I think you continually underestimate the value of opinions based on evidence... Without them there would be no justice system

Offline The General

« Reply #1606 on: April 24, 2019, 05:22:52 PM »
Thank you Brietta.
You have explaned exactly my motive for starting this thread.
From time to time I do wonder what keeps sceptics so committed to their variety of beliefs in parental complicity in Madeleine's disappearance.
So much of their commitment  to their belief in complicity seems to depend on concerns which do not as yet seem to have aroused the same suspicions in both current police investigations.
Conversely, I see 'believers' in the same way I perceive religious people - despite none of the 'evidence' making sense, and all of the senses screaming the opposite, they blindly and blithely dismiss anything contrary to their belief system out of hand. And I'll hazard a guess that the majority of believers also believe in the benevolent, judgmental sky fairy.
All my humble / biased / skewed / ill-informed / self-aggrandising  / egotistical opinion of course, but read it quick as it will be deleted as per usual.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #1607 on: April 24, 2019, 05:25:17 PM »
Yar, that could be okay..But don't hold hold your breath.
We're here for a good time, not a long time.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1608 on: April 24, 2019, 05:31:42 PM »
Conversely, I see 'believers' in the same way I perceive religious people - despite none of the 'evidence' making sense, and all of the senses screaming the opposite, they blindly and blithely dismiss anything contrary to their belief system out of hand. And I'll hazard a guess that the majority of believers also believe in the benevolent, judgmental sky fairy.
All my humble / biased / skewed / ill-informed / self-aggrandising  / egotistical opinion of course, but read it quick as it will be deleted as per usual.

I see sceptics as those that don't understand  the evidence

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #1609 on: April 24, 2019, 05:41:00 PM »

I think the problem is that us sceptics are so overwhelmed by the sheer weight & volume of abduction evidence that it's impossible for us to comprehend it.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline The General

« Reply #1610 on: April 24, 2019, 05:41:32 PM »
Yeh, I see that now. I've got no problem with it whatsoever. Simply can't be arsed arguing on the internet about the minutiae of the scent glands per square inch on a Beagle's nose, or the latch mechanism on a bespoke, wooden slatted garden gate circa 2005.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1611 on: April 24, 2019, 05:46:40 PM »
Yeh, I see that now. I've got no problem with it whatsoever. Simply can't be arsed arguing on the internet about the minutiae of the scent glands per square inch on a Beagle's nose, or the latch mechanism on a bespoke, wooden slatted garden gate circa 2005.

There's no need to... No evidential value or reliability is all that needs to be understood

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1612 on: April 24, 2019, 05:52:31 PM »

For why would I want to Delete that pile of rubbish?  RUBBJSH?  Rubbish speaks. for itself does iy not.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1613 on: April 24, 2019, 06:04:36 PM »
From what I can distill down from it, there is this view of a stereotypical sceptic who all believe all of the same facets and are equally vociferous and immovable, like the Borg, assimilated and speaking in unison.
It really isn't like that at all. From what I see there are diverging views on various aspects even amongst us sceptics.
It's a bit harsh to suggest that 'we' have 'rejected' an opportunity for enlightenment and understanding  - I think if you read back you will find that we were badgered incessantly from the get go as soon as we opened up. I personally faced the indignation of a public text-flogging for revealing one of the reasons that made me sceptical - so we're invited in, then hoofed around like an abductee in a Moldovan shipping container. (That's a joke, please delete as usual)
But I'm stupid enough and old enough to get on with it, but I'm glad you found the exercise useful.

I find the thread informative as opposed to ‘useful’ insofar as it has informed my already existing prejudices.

What exactly are the ‘diverging views’ you think?                                                                                           
In my time I seem to recall ‘clones’ being quietly dropped by some and ‘diplomatic bags containing a corpse’ being relegated to the vaults by others.

Haven’t heard too much about the fridge of late … so does the divergence of opinion concern the cremation theory 2017 – the death on Sunday or whenever – surely there can’t be a falling out of favour or divergence of the dogs?

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Erngath

« Reply #1614 on: April 24, 2019, 06:07:35 PM »

However, as of yet, and until now, and until some time at a later date, both current police investigations must also be "blindly and blithely dismissing anything contrary to their belief system out of hand"
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #1615 on: April 24, 2019, 06:13:41 PM »

Do you include the Judicial police – the Public Prosecutors – the Attorney General of Portugal in that list?  These were instrumental in lifting the arguido status from Madeleine’s parents.  Where did they go wrong?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline The General

« Reply #1616 on: April 24, 2019, 06:16:49 PM »
For why would I want to Delete that pile of rubbish?  RUBBJSH?  Rubbish speaks. for itself does iy not.
OK. Thanks.

Offline The General

« Reply #1617 on: April 24, 2019, 06:27:02 PM »
Do you include the Judicial police – the Public Prosecutors – the Attorney General of Portugal in that list?  These were instrumental in lifting the arguido status from Madeleine’s parents.  Where did they go wrong?
No.
The onus probandi rests with the assertion.

Offline The General

« Reply #1618 on: April 24, 2019, 06:33:37 PM »
I find the thread informative as opposed to ‘useful’ insofar as it has informed my already existing prejudices.

What exactly are the ‘diverging views’ you think?                                                                                           
In my time I seem to recall ‘clones’ being quietly dropped by some and ‘diplomatic bags containing a corpse’ being relegated to the vaults by others.

Haven’t heard too much about the fridge of late … so does the divergence of opinion concern the cremation theory 2017 – the death on Sunday or whenever – surely there can’t be a falling out of favour or divergence of the dogs?
You've sort of proved the point - there's plenty of sceptics who thought the fridge thing was farcical.
There's plenty of sceptics who thought the cremation theory was lunacy.
Clones? Gimme a fricking break.....dya see a pattern emerging here.......

I've said it before, there's a spectrum of belief - some believers think the wee an went looking for her mam, some think she was stolen to order. Some think she was stolen by burglars

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1619 on: April 24, 2019, 06:43:32 PM »
And good luck to him. Money made honestly by writing a best selling book.....or certainly when compared to raiding the fund to find  your child to pay for your mortgage.
Yawn.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly