Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243520 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2190 on: April 28, 2019, 03:37:43 PM »
What's the difference between opinions and theories and beliefs?

In my opinion a belief is a conclusion, an opinion is a possibility and a theory is an explanation. Beliefs are stronger than the other two because they can't be proved or disproved. They are related to faith, not evidence. People who believe in God can't prove he exists. Those who don't believe can't prove he doesn't either.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2191 on: April 28, 2019, 03:38:01 PM »
He signed his statement as being correct and that can be used as evidence so it does matter.

No it can't because it's a witness statement not an arguido statement

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2192 on: April 28, 2019, 03:53:47 PM »
In my opinion a belief is a conclusion, an opinion is a possibility and a theory is an explanation. Beliefs are stronger than the other two because they can't be proved or disproved. They are related to faith, not evidence. People who believe in God can't prove he exists. Those who don't believe can't prove he doesn't either.
. Beliefs can be proven.  I believe Madeleine was abducted by a stranger and one day that belief may be proven.  Next!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2193 on: April 28, 2019, 04:13:40 PM »

So when scientist day they believe the universe is 14 million years old they've just plucked that figure out of the air and don't have evidence to back it up... Beliefs can and and often are based on evidence...

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2194 on: April 28, 2019, 04:29:11 PM »

In my opinion.. Maddie was abducted
I have a theory Maddie was abducted
I believe Maddie was abducted.... All based in the same evidence... So where's the difference

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2195 on: April 28, 2019, 04:40:25 PM »
You believe  what you want... And so will I... It doesn't matter

But it does matter. Even when faced with proof of something you deny it. This proves that your belief in the parent’s innocence is not based on a dispassionate, object consideration of the evidence but on blind faith.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2196 on: April 28, 2019, 04:46:39 PM »
But it does matter. Even when faced with proof of something you deny it. This proves that your belief in the parent’s innocence is not based on a dispassionate, object consideration of the evidence but on blind faith.

in your opinion...where is the proof  you are talking about...show me the proof and your post has some validity ...without it its just your opinion presented as fact and therefore basically worthless imo

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2197 on: April 28, 2019, 05:00:52 PM »
In my opinion.. Maddie was abducted
I have a theory Maddie was abducted
I believe Maddie was abducted.... All based in the same evidence... So where's the difference

You talk about evidence so what is it? What is your theory?
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2198 on: April 28, 2019, 05:14:46 PM »

lete see faiths proof first...i think we will have a long wait

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2199 on: April 28, 2019, 05:35:17 PM »
The thing about fantasising is that it is the gift that keeps on giving irrespective of of probability or veracity.  I don't believe even Amaral suggested that Kate was an MI5 operative yet in the run up to another year of Madeleine's absence, a highly noted Portuguese journalist and author has made the allegation.

I find that quite remarkable ... and I will not be too surprised to see it adopted as the latest factoid on #mccann et al.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2200 on: April 28, 2019, 05:36:40 PM »
This thread is about sceptics beliefs.  Apparently they have none because they are sceptics.  What a load of bull!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2201 on: April 28, 2019, 05:51:13 PM »
The thing about fantasising is that it is the gift that keeps on giving irrespective of of probability or veracity.  I don't believe even Amaral suggested that Kate was an MI5 operative yet in the run up to another year of Madeleine's absence, a highly noted Portuguese journalist and author has made the allegation.

I find that quite remarkable ... and I will not be too surprised to see it adopted as the latest factoid on #mccann et al.

I agree with your first sentence.

One can fantasise about an abduction for starters, one abductor or maybe even 2, hell why stop at 2?
Perhaps there was a whole coach party of abductors, 'watchers' keeping look out, getaway cars warmed in waiting, abductors making practice runs in the apartment the night before, bloodlines, paedophile rings....It's entertaining if nothing else.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2202 on: April 28, 2019, 05:58:02 PM »
I agree with your first sentence.

One can fantasise about an abduction for starters, one abductor or maybe even 2, hell why stop at 2?
Perhaps there was a whole coach party of abductors, 'watchers' keeping look out, getaway cars warmed in waiting, abductors making practice runs in the apartment the night before, bloodlines, paedophile rings....It's entertaining if nothing else.
  ... and there I think we have yet another sceptic belief laid bare ... the life of a family is "entertaining if nothing else".

Maybe if you are on the outside looking in ... but it must be hell for the family experiencing it all.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #2203 on: April 28, 2019, 06:00:05 PM »
  ... and there I think we have yet another sceptic belief laid bare ... the life of a family is "entertaining if nothing else".

Maybe if you are on the outside looking in ... but it must be hell for the family experiencing it all.

Are they looking in on this?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #2204 on: April 28, 2019, 06:14:37 PM »

That's assuming they don't really know what happened to Maddie.

We can't be certain that they don't.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.