Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 243502 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #2835 on: May 06, 2019, 08:07:38 PM »
AFAIK, Holmes had just had his house broken into, and was feeling a tad annoyed.

Luckman appeared to know very little about the alleged break-ins, as is evident from the link you have recently posted 3 times.

You have postulated it was an attempt to cover up burglaries in the Algarve to protect the tourism industry.

Do you really continue in the same vein?

Is it your contention there were no burglaries etc in the Algarve?

Is it your contention there were no cases of hamesucken involving children?

Is it your contention there were no concerns about tourism in the wake of Madeleine's disappearance?

That seems to me to be the crux of your argument in relation to what I have posted.  Fine by me ... I think if so, you are definitely arguing your case on the correct thread.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2836 on: May 06, 2019, 08:20:16 PM »

Is it your contention there were no concerns about tourism in the wake of Madeleine's disappearance?

That seems to me to be the crux of your argument in relation to what I have posted.  Fine by me ... I think if so, you are definitely arguing your case on the correct thread.

What's hamesucken?

Your post might make sense then.
What's up, old man?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2837 on: May 06, 2019, 09:30:20 PM »

What is forgotten is that these things happen in every holiday resort.  Tourists are an easy target as most leave their brains and commonsense behind at passport control. 

Tourist resorts are a Mecca for burglars and thieves and just about every con trick you can think of.  The perps know that the police do not have the time to investigate every crime, choosing instead to give out a crime report so that the victims can claim on their insurance.  PdL was no different imo.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 09:35:36 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline The General

« Reply #2838 on: May 07, 2019, 05:23:58 PM »
Hey, Borg sceptic collective, explain this: if you were looking to create a narrative about your daughter being abducted from her bed, and you wanted everyone to think that the window had been used, wouldn't you open the window and shutters and remove any fingerprints (or if you were really clever, place 'innocuous' every day open / close fingerprints on the window)?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2839 on: May 07, 2019, 06:08:05 PM »
Hey, Borg sceptic collective, explain this: if you were looking to create a narrative about your daughter being abducted from her bed, and you wanted everyone to think that the window had been used, wouldn't you open the window and shutters and remove any fingerprints (or if you were really clever, place 'innocuous' every day open / close fingerprints on the window)?
Dunno, but what I do know is that I’d force the shutters with a jemmy if I subsequently told anyone who’d listen that the shutter had been jemmied, and then I’d leave the staged scene exactly as I’d created, not then undo it all before the police got there.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 06:21:33 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2840 on: May 07, 2019, 06:19:48 PM »
What is forgotten is that these things happen in every holiday resort.  Tourists are an easy target as most leave their brains and commonsense behind at passport control. 

Tourist resorts are a Mecca for burglars and thieves and just about every con trick you can think of.  The perps know that the police do not have the time to investigate every crime, choosing instead to give out a crime report so that the victims can claim on their insurance.  PdL was no different imo.

There's also the attitude of those holidaymakers who tend to see insurance claims as a way of recouping some of their costs. Not all insurance claims are truthful.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2841 on: May 07, 2019, 06:23:20 PM »

Do kids get molested in their beds by strangers breaking in to their rooms in every holiday resort? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2842 on: May 07, 2019, 06:41:46 PM »
There's also the attitude of those holidaymakers who tend to see insurance claims as a way of recouping some of their costs. Not all insurance claims are truthful.
there was no life insurance involved as far as we know.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2843 on: May 07, 2019, 06:47:12 PM »
there was no life insurance involved as far as we know.

Travel insurance; loads of claims for petty thefts.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2844 on: May 10, 2019, 02:44:27 PM »
Travel insurance; loads of claims for petty thefts.

Discussion on another thread brings to mind a couple of widely held sceptic beliefs.  Namely that part of a child's skull had been found in Haute de la Garenne a former children's home in Jersey.  That sniffer dog Eddie had sniffed it out through many layers of concrete.

Just not so ... but defended still ~ and believed ~ despite having been thoroughly investigated and refuted.
https://www.gov.je/SiteCollectionDocuments/Government%20and%20administration/R%20WiltshireOperationHavenRedacted%2020081112%20JN.pdf

Eddie may have barked in Jersey ... much as he did in Praia da Luz if the videos of both are to be given any credence ... but absolutely no-one knows why he was barking.  JAR6 was not any part of a murder victim.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2845 on: May 10, 2019, 03:48:53 PM »
Discussion on another thread brings to mind a couple of widely held sceptic beliefs.  Namely that part of a child's skull had been found in Haute de la Garenne a former children's home in Jersey.  That sniffer dog Eddie had sniffed it out through many layers of concrete.

Just not so ... but defended still ~ and believed ~ despite having been thoroughly investigated and refuted.
https://www.gov.je/SiteCollectionDocuments/Government%20and%20administration/R%20WiltshireOperationHavenRedacted%2020081112%20JN.pdf

Eddie may have barked in Jersey ... much as he did in Praia da Luz if the videos of both are to be given any credence ... but absolutely no-one knows why he was barking.  JAR6 was not any part of a murder victim.

Eddie barked incorrectly 11 times ? Is that what you would have us believe ?

Now here’s the thing. If Eddie had barked at only one item connected to the McCanns I can believe that that could have been a false alert but to alert 11 times and only to items belonging to the parents stretches even my credulity to breaking point. For that to have happened Eddie couldn’t simply have been wrong, in fact it would suggest that his owner was behaving in a dishonest manner. This however begs the question what he had to gain from such behaviour? He would know that no forensics would be found to legitimise the alerts and, as he himself says, the alerts are only of evidential value if they are verified by forensics.

So what did Grime have t gain ?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 04:15:09 PM by Faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2846 on: May 10, 2019, 04:07:09 PM »
Eddie barked incorrectly 11 times ? Is that what you would have us believe ?

Quite possibly.... If the Barks themselves could be shown to be reliable they would be a firm of evidence

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2847 on: May 10, 2019, 05:34:51 PM »

I have no idea what this has to do with bogus or inflated insurance claims.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2848 on: May 10, 2019, 05:48:43 PM »
The Senior Investigating Officer (SIO) in Jersey apparently laid great store in “similar fact evidence” which I refer to as The Moorov Doctrine the principals of which are ...
Series of offences connected closely in "time, character and circumstance and have underlying unity." Evidence of one witness in a series of two or more separate offences capable of providing corroboration for the evidence of a witness in another case or cases.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moorov_v_HM_Advocate

On the basis of which the belief and the mystique which sceptics have woven around Eddie the dog tends to be blown out of the water when the results of the Jersey investigation are considered rationally in conjunction with what happened in Portugal.

I believe 160 individuals alleged being abused in Haute de la Garenne … I do not believe a single one of whom alleged anything about murder.
The actual informant was a psychotic woman and maybe? Eddie barking at concrete when her information was being evaluated.  Something profound certainly happened to change the SIO opinion.

Snip
As the emails to Coupland demonstrate, at first Harper (SIO) displayed a healthy scepticism. So what made him change his mind? According to a senior detective who worked on Harper's team, one factor was sniffer dog Eddie's handler, Martin Grime.
'Grime made a presentation, showing him [Harper] a video of the dog finding the "scent of death" in Kate and Gerry McCann's car,' the detective said.
'They were still formal suspects and the case had got worldwide publicity. It seemed to get Lenny very excited.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1217863/Bungled-Jersey-child-abuse-probe-branded-20million-shambles.html

Exhibit JAR6 definitely wasn't any part of a human body ... expert opinion classed it as wood.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2849 on: May 10, 2019, 05:51:04 PM »
I have no idea what this has to do with bogus or inflated insurance claims.

The thread topic is "Sceptics beliefs" ... was I replying to an off topic post ???