Author Topic: Sadie's theory, the watcher and a getaway car.  (Read 167342 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Sadie's theory, the watcher and a getaway car.
« Reply #720 on: November 21, 2017, 04:40:49 PM »
Or maybe not - Matt was outside the bedroom window only minutes before Gerry left to check.

The abductor could have been in 5a when Matthew did his listening check.

No wonder he/she opened the window!!   There had to be an exit in case the person was trapped inside the bedroom.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #721 on: November 21, 2017, 05:03:17 PM »
There wasn't an open window when Gerry arrived or when Matt returned 30 minutes later. A later open window does not connect to the first door moves so try again.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Lace

« Reply #722 on: November 21, 2017, 05:56:26 PM »
There wasn't an open window when Gerry arrived or when Matt returned 30 minutes later. A later open window does not connect to the first door moves so try again.

How can you say the window wasn't open when Matt did his check 30 minutes later?   

Matt says this in his statement - 
Consequently, he is convinced that at the time of the second check the blinds were more open than on the first check, given that he considers that the light inside the bedroom, undoubtedly coming from the outside, could not have been coming through it [the blinds] if they had been fully closed.

The window could have been open.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #723 on: November 21, 2017, 06:00:36 PM »
Ah yes,  I see what you mean,  then maybe he did enter before Gerry's check, but was tipped off that Gerry was on his way,  nipped back out through the front door and waited until Gerry had left.

Sadie's watcher has gone, so who tipped him off?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #724 on: November 21, 2017, 06:09:19 PM »
The abductor could have been in 5a when Matthew did his listening check.

No wonder he/she opened the window!!   There had to be an exit in case the person was trapped inside the bedroom.

So now he went in before 9 pm, in daylight? How did he know Matthew was listening at the window? The watcher has gone now, remember. They would both have got a surprise if he'd opened the shutters at that moment, wouldn't they? Is there just one man involved now because where's his mate, the one who didn't go in? Matthew didn't see him either.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #725 on: November 21, 2017, 06:32:26 PM »
So now he went in before 9 pm, in daylight? How did he know Matthew was listening at the window? The watcher has gone now, remember. They would both have got a surprise if he'd opened the shutters at that moment, wouldn't they? Is there just one man involved now because where's his mate, the one who didn't go in? Matthew didn't see him either.

Do you honestly think they would show themselves?     A man managed to hide in the bushes by the front door when a previous nanny had been in 5a.

Offline jassi

« Reply #726 on: November 21, 2017, 06:39:02 PM »
Do you honestly think they would show themselves?     A man managed to hide in the bushes by the front door when a previous nanny had been in 5a.

So no witnesses to show that these people even existed.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #727 on: November 21, 2017, 07:04:28 PM »
Do you honestly think they would show themselves?     A man managed to hide in the bushes by the front door when a previous nanny had been in 5a.

That was at midnight in the dark, not at 9pm in the daylight.
Result = happy posting.

Offline sadie

« Reply #728 on: November 21, 2017, 07:07:33 PM »
So this person presumably went into 5A pretty much immediately after Matthew's listening check. According to Sadie it would take one to two minutes to carry out an abduction, so why was he still in there when Gerry arrived? Why had he not raised the shutters by then?  Also according to Sadie the watcher scarpered to the getaway car immediately after giving the signal to go in, so he wouldn't have seen Gerry coming. Finally, why would they go in in daylight?

Seems that you have forgotten my later post in response to yours, where I suggested alternatively that he might have waited for a signal from Tannerman that all was going well and it was time to go and fetch the getaway vehicle.

Two possibilities mentioned but seems you forgot or, maybe, ignored the later one?

Can post it again assuming that it wasn't deleted, if you wish

Offline John

« Reply #730 on: November 21, 2017, 07:09:28 PM »

Abductors are renowned for being elusive.  Somehow I don't think they would be standing about puffing a fag outside a prospective victim's habitat just waiting to pounce.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline sadie

« Reply #731 on: November 21, 2017, 07:11:21 PM »
Really? He said he did in his first statement. There is more evidence that Gerry used the front door than there is that anyone was watching the apartment in my opinion.
Yep, I do remember that but I thought that Rob was saying that once inside (via the patio door) Gerry went to the front door .... and i couldn't remember that

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #732 on: November 21, 2017, 08:15:46 PM »
Seems that you have forgotten my later post in response to yours, where I suggested alternatively that he might have waited for a signal from Tannerman that all was going well and it was time to go and fetch the getaway vehicle.

Two possibilities mentioned but seems you forgot or, maybe, ignored the later one?

Can post it again assuming that it wasn't deleted, if you wish

Okay, so how long was he expected to wait,  and how was the OK signal given?
Result = happy posting.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #733 on: November 21, 2017, 08:22:17 PM »
How can you say the window wasn't open when Matt did his check 30 minutes later?   

Matt says this in his statement - 
Consequently, he is convinced that at the time of the second check the blinds were more open than on the first check, given that he considers that the light inside the bedroom, undoubtedly coming from the outside, could not have been coming through it [the blinds] if they had been fully closed.

The window could have been open.

That was the first time in the flat for Matt. There were slats open that explains the streetlight next to the car park entrance shining in.

The outside blinds were closed with only two or three slats open. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

Matt didn't see curtains moving or feel any draught so no window was open at 9:30. No abductor before 9:30 explains the open window.

"I was there to check, erm, no, no funny sort of smells, no sort of funny draughts, no sort of funny sort of noises, no, erm, nothing that I can think of for that. I mean, it was a complete just a shock out of the blue when, you know, I'd been in and then suddenly somebody's saying Madeleine's missing, there was nothing that made me think, oh'."

078 'The curtains were drawn and weren't blowing around''

Reply 'Yeah'.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #734 on: November 21, 2017, 08:25:12 PM »
Yep, I do remember that but I thought that Rob was saying that once inside (via the patio door) Gerry went to the front door .... and i couldn't remember that
Would Gerry go to the patio door when it wasn't fully dark just in case someone could then notice the door was unlocked?  I think he was aware he might have been under observation.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.