Author Topic: Sadie's theory, the watcher and a getaway car.  (Read 167334 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Sadie's theory, the watcher and a getaway car.
« Reply #735 on: November 21, 2017, 08:31:56 PM »
Yep, I do remember that but I thought that Rob was saying that once inside (via the patio door) Gerry went to the front door .... and i couldn't remember that

At about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked, went to his children's bedroom and checked that the twins were fine, as was Madeleine. "He then went to the WC" where he remained for a few moments, left, and bumped into a person he had played tennis with and who had a child's push chair, he was also British, he had a short conversation with him, "returning after that to the restaurant." At about 21.30 his friend Matt (member of the group) went to the apartment, where his children were and on his way went to the witness' apartment, entering by means of a glass sliding door that was always unlocked and was located laterally to the building. He entered the bedroom, he observed the twins and he did not even notice whether Madeleine was there"
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN.htm

Have you worked out the reason for the big contradiction yet?  How was he at the front using his key when the back was always unlocked. Put your thinking cap on. This is important to the case and my theory answers it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 08:34:44 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #736 on: November 21, 2017, 08:38:28 PM »
At about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked, went to his children's bedroom and checked that the twins were fine, as was Madeleine. "He then went to the WC" where he remained for a few moments, left, and bumped into a person he had played tennis with and who had a child's push chair, he was also British, he had a short conversation with him, "returning after that to the restaurant." At about 21.30 his friend Matt (member of the group) went to the apartment, where his children were and on his way went to the witness' apartment, entering by means of a glass sliding door that was always unlocked and was located laterally to the building. He entered the bedroom, he observed the twins and he did not even notice whether Madeleine was there"

Have you worked out the reason for the big contradiction yet?  How was he at the front using his key when the back was always unlocked. Put your thinking cap on. This is important to the case and my theory answers it.
That's my point I'm suggesting he did that because he was worried people might see him go through the unlocked patio door.  What was your reasoning?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #737 on: November 21, 2017, 08:47:08 PM »
That's my point I'm suggesting he did that because he was worried people might see him go through the unlocked patio door.  What was your reasoning?

The front side was the nearest side for him so work it out.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #738 on: November 21, 2017, 08:51:09 PM »
Would Gerry go to the patio door when it wasn't fully dark just in case someone could then notice the door was unlocked?  I think he was aware he might have been under observation.

If that's true his disregard for the safety of his children beggars belief.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

stephen25000

« Reply #739 on: November 21, 2017, 08:52:24 PM »

Quite right.

After all, their socializing was given first priority.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #740 on: November 21, 2017, 08:57:28 PM »
I think he was aware he might have been under POTENTIAL observation.  He might not be aware of actual observation. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #741 on: November 21, 2017, 09:26:03 PM »
Sadie's watcher has gone, so who tipped him off?

And how was he tipped off?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #742 on: November 21, 2017, 09:50:17 PM »
Abductors are renowned for being elusive.  Somehow I don't think they would be standing about puffing a fag outside a prospective victim's habitat just waiting to pounce.
?{)(**
Rule number one when out on "night duty" of anykind: Don't bleedin' well smoke. It's not the glow of the fag end that gives you away, you can cup your hands round it. It's the bloody smell that drifts tens of metres that gives you away. Then leaving a big heap of dog ends to show where you have been don't help either.
Signalling with fag lighters needing good clear line of sight in what was probably daytime?
With all those lovely white walls around it just begs for a laser pen to signal with or better yet burner phones.
 ?{)(**

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline sadie

« Reply #743 on: November 21, 2017, 11:24:21 PM »
Or maybe not - Matt was outside the bedroom window only minutes before Gerry left to check.
After a check would normally be the best time to go in, doncha think?

Offline sadie

« Reply #744 on: November 21, 2017, 11:31:46 PM »
Okay, so how long was he expected to wait,  and how was the OK signal given?
IMO it could have been given by Tannerman who stayed outside.    Once he saw that Madeleine was sedated or scooped up by the lifter, I guess.    Signaling could have been by a cigarette  lighter flicked on, a narriow beam torch, a fine laser beam (I think).  I wasn't there so I cant tell you which, but any would work

Have you got any ideas?

Offline sadie

« Reply #745 on: November 21, 2017, 11:46:18 PM »
That was the first time in the flat for Matt. There were slats open that explains the streetlight next to the car park entrance shining in.

The outside blinds were closed with only two or three slats open. http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/GERRY-MCCANN-10MAY.htm

Matt didn't see curtains moving or feel any draught so no window was open at 9:30. No abductor before 9:30 explains the open window.

"I was there to check, erm, no, no funny sort of smells, no sort of funny draughts, no sort of funny sort of noises, no, erm, nothing that I can think of for that. I mean, it was a complete just a shock out of the blue when, you know, I'd been in and then suddenly somebody's saying Madeleine's missing, there was nothing that made me think, oh'."

078 'The curtains were drawn and weren't blowing around''

Reply 'Yeah'.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MATTHEW-OLDFIELD-ROGATORY.htm
The streetlight at the car park entrance had its lamp deeply within the head of one of the trees, so there wouldn't be much light from there IMO

If Matt closed the patio door behind him and the gusts had not started yet, in other words the lull before the storm, then it is doubtful that he would feel any draughts, so that isn't proof of the time that Madeleine vanished.

Withh everything dovetailing in so immaculately in the theory, + with Janes recollection, it does seem more likely that, assuming Madeleine was abucted, it happened immediately after Gerry checking the children at about 9.10-9.15 rather than later.

Offline sadie

« Reply #746 on: November 21, 2017, 11:48:13 PM »
Would Gerry go to the patio door when it wasn't fully dark just in case someone could then notice the door was unlocked?  I think he was aware he might have been under observation.

How would he be awate of that?

ETA.  I think that you have already, more or less, answered that.  Soz

Offline misty

« Reply #747 on: November 22, 2017, 12:12:48 AM »
*snipped*..........At about 21.05 the witness came to the Club, entered the room using his respective key, the door being locked,

"Respective" key means that more than one person had a key. Do you think that Gerry would have said that, given the family were only allocated one key?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #748 on: November 22, 2017, 12:57:26 AM »
After a check would normally be the best time to go in, doncha think?

When they ALL sat down at the table to order would be the best time to do it (everyone is accounted for and nobody should be leaving at that time so that's when you make your move). Matt checked then Gerry checked then Jane checked. I don't believe an abduction would happen with 3 checks within 10 minutes so after a check was not the best time to do it on that constant back and forth night.

p.s. IMO when they were all sat down at the table is when the move was made to remove Madeleine from apartment 5A.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 01:04:15 AM by pathfinder73 »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #749 on: November 22, 2017, 01:59:17 AM »
How would he be awate of that?

ETA.  I think that you have already, more or less, answered that.  Soz
It would be like being cautious.
Moderation