Author Topic: Sadie's theory, the watcher and a getaway car.  (Read 167344 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Sadie's theory, the watcher and a getaway car.
« Reply #855 on: November 25, 2017, 03:59:04 PM »
I would be interested to know why you think he would lie about the twins breathing.  Especially as they obviously were.

I'm sure you would but you would then say I'm accusing  Matt of not telling the truth and delete me, so I can't.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #856 on: November 25, 2017, 04:23:43 PM »
I'm sure you would but you would then say I'm accusing  Matt of not telling the truth and delete me, so I can't.

It would be entirely dishonourable for me to behave in such a fashion, having first asked you.  Providing that your reply is not Libellous.
But we both know that you are more than capable of couching your reply without libelling anyone.

The one thing I never do is to underestimate the intellect of any member of this Forum, least of all those of a different persuasion to mine.
This does make me wonder for why any of you are so often motivated to cause controversy.  It is always unnecessary.  And you wouldn't get away with it at The Oxford Debating Society.

Offline jassi

« Reply #857 on: November 25, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »
OK, lets see how long you allow this to stand.

I consider Matt was economical with the truth.
Yes, he made the visit, as Russell says he left the table with him.
However I believe he went no further than the lounge, possible no further than the door way, where he listened for any noise, heard nothing, and left.
This is perfectly in accord with his earlier effort of checking.

Now this would have been perfectly OK if Madeleine had not disappeared, as no one would have been the wiser.
As Madeleine did disappear, he didn't want to admit he only listened at the patio doorway, so embellished things to make it sound better. He could claim he did a visual check of the twins because they hadn't disappeared but was understandably unwilling to say the same for Madeleine.

All my own opinion, a theory you might say.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #858 on: November 25, 2017, 04:56:52 PM »

However I believe he went no further than the lounge, possible no further than the door way, where he listened for any noise, heard nothing, and left.

Now this would have been perfectly OK if Madeleine had not disappeared, as no one would have been the wiser.
As Madeleine did disappear, he didn't want to admit he only listened at the patio doorway, so embellished things to make it sound better. He could claim he did a visual check of the twins because they hadn't disappeared but was understandably unwilling to say the same for Madeleine.

I find absolutely nothing wrong with this comment.  Possibly my own thoughts to some extent.  And an example of what can be said, or not said.

I won't congratulate your ability as you might find it patronising.  But I am not your enemy.  Every one of you can do this if you so please.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #859 on: November 25, 2017, 06:22:17 PM »

Well if I understood you correctly he has no way from that position in the lounge to assess whether the shutters are up or down.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #860 on: November 25, 2017, 06:27:46 PM »
Well if I understood you correctly he has no way from that position in the lounge to assess whether the shutters are up or down.

Quite, which could explain his uncertainty & unwillingness to actually commit himself one way or the other

Or maybe not -

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #861 on: November 25, 2017, 06:43:10 PM »
Quite, which could explain his uncertainty & unwillingness to actually commit himself one way or the other

It might also explain why he was given a hard time, allegedly, by way of questioning by the rozzers ?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #862 on: November 25, 2017, 06:45:55 PM »
To have an opinion whether uncertain or not, should not have been attempted, on matters he had not made an observation on.  I'm sure that would be part of his medical training.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline jassi

« Reply #863 on: November 25, 2017, 06:55:55 PM »
All he needed to say was 'I did not notice' Clear and  unambiguous . No prevarication

Or maybe not -

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #864 on: November 25, 2017, 08:28:45 PM »
To have an opinion whether uncertain or not, should not have been attempted, on matters he had not made an observation on.  I'm sure that would be part of his medical training.

He's very attached to certain words which make him sound unsure.

it's all based around a T-junction essentially. So, erm, the apartment blocks, erm, runs along parallel to this bit and you go down the T-junction which goes down a hill about, oh, the distance now in memory must be, erm, sort of thirty yards, thirty or forty yards, and there's an entrance through a sort of a walled enclosure into the Tapas and sort of pool area and within that there's sort of like sun loungers,

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #865 on: November 25, 2017, 08:47:40 PM »
He's very attached to certain words which make him sound unsure.

it's all based around a T-junction essentially. So, erm, the apartment blocks, erm, runs along parallel to this bit and you go down the T-junction which goes down a hill about, oh, the distance now in memory must be, erm, sort of thirty yards, thirty or forty yards, and there's an entrance through a sort of a walled enclosure into the Tapas and sort of pool area and within that there's sort of like sun loungers,
But the times he does he sort of gets the correct observation, well sort of anyway.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:56:45 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #866 on: November 25, 2017, 08:50:14 PM »
One can only hope that his speech is more coherent when he's doing the day job

Or maybe not -

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #867 on: November 25, 2017, 08:57:56 PM »
One can only hope that his speech is more coherent when he's doing the day job
My sentence wasn't that much better when I sort of tried to read it again.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #868 on: November 25, 2017, 09:01:39 PM »
All he needed to say was 'I did not notice' Clear and  unambiguous . No prevarication
The case may by now be solved if he had been so precise.
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #869 on: November 25, 2017, 09:16:50 PM »
I think the Rothley briefing precluded that.  Confusion is good   @)(++(*

Or maybe not -