Author Topic: Who will be the next leader of the Conservative Party and by default, the PM?  (Read 60222 times)

Offline Angelo222

which video was that

found this...

Asked whether he could stay in his post in the event of Brexit, he replied: “Yes. I think it's very important that the individual careers of individual politicians don't get caught up in this question.

“It won't be a verdict on me, whatever the outcome is. It's a verdict on the question, but I do care a lot about the question.”

is this what you are referring to? if it is you need to read it carefully

I haven't seen that particular comment but it isn't the one I'm thinking of.  Cameron was very clear, he made no reference to resigning if defeated.  He stated he would accept the decision whatever it was and then get on with it.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

Is this what you are looking for, David Cameron's interview with The Times published on the 18th June 2016?

Win or lose, I’m staying in No 10, declares Cameron

David Cameron declares today that he will continue as prime minister whether he wins or loses the EU referendum. He urges voters not to blame him if there is a vote for Brexit, even though a number of Tory ministers insist that under those circumstances he must go.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/win-or-lose-im-staying-in-no-10-declares-cameron-lht3wwfvs

Cameron at 3.50

20 February 2016

"You will decide and whatever your decision I will do my best to deliver it".

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:09:37 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Angelo222

So what happened to make Cameron change his mind?

Any takers??
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

So what happened to make Cameron change his mind?

Any takers??

#BrExit happened...  @)(++(*
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Mr Gray

Is this what you are looking for, David Cameron's interview with The Times published on the 18th June 2016?

Win or lose, I’m staying in No 10, declares Cameron

David Cameron declares today that he will continue as prime minister whether he wins or loses the EU referendum. He urges voters not to blame him if there is a vote for Brexit, even though a number of Tory ministers insist that under those circumstances he must go.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/win-or-lose-im-staying-in-no-10-declares-cameron-lht3wwfvs

Cameron at 3.50

20 February 2016

"You will decide and whatever your decision I will do my best to deliver it".

Doing his best to deliver it includes giving the job to someone else
Still no direct quote that he would stay in office

Offline John

Really, "his best".  I think that's stretching it a bit even for you Dave.  Cameron changed his mind after he was beaten, get over it.

Offline Mr Gray

Really, "his best".  I think that's stretching it a bit even for you Dave.  Cameron changed his mind after he was beaten, get over it.

Ideally Cameron should have stayed put as he originally promised.

I still haven't seen where he promised this

Offline ShiningInLuz

If "I will do my best to deliver it" can be interpreted as "I will resign in favour of whoever you get lumped with next" then it was slippier than something very slippy, straight out of Blackadder.

I'm in the 'he said he would implement it and didn't camp'.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

If "I will do my best to deliver it" can be interpreted as "I will resign in favour of whoever you get lumped with next" then it was slippier than something very slippy, straight out of Blackadder.

I'm in the 'he said he would implement it and didn't camp'.

you can be in whatever camp you want but unless you can show where he said it you are very unconvincing...so where did he say he would implement it.....

stephen25000

#BrExit happened...  @)(++(*

The vote yes.

Implementation...

NO.

Offline ShiningInLuz

you can be in whatever camp you want but unless you can show where he said it you are very unconvincing...so where did he say he would implement it.....
"I will do my best to deliver it".  That would be the bit.
What's up, old man?

Offline Holly Goodhead

The question I would like answered is, did Andrea Leadsom walk of her own volition or was she pushed?

There has been a really nasty smear campaign conducted against her by msm over the last week aimed at discrediting her.  The same msm which ran a pro Cameron remain campaign not so many weeks ago.

It is too bad that the home of democracy has yet again succumbed to the will of certain powerful newspaper barons who have a vested interest in keeping a Cameron stooge in power.

The Tories won a GE a little over 12 months ago.  DC stood down.  Five contenders entered their name into the race.  2 were eliminated by the internal voting system and 1 withdrew which left AL and TM.  AL decided to withdraw.  I don't see what qualifies AL for the role of PM anymore than many posters on this forum?

No doubt the security services started delving into her background and her cv, amongst other things, simply didn't stack up. 

I think the country is lucky to have someone of TM's calibre prepared to do the job, which is pretty much 24/7, for £143,462 pa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac6VJVDOOz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV9XfMAzcdk
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Mr Gray

"I will do my best to deliver it".  That would be the bit.

so hes passed the baton to someone else ...perhaps thats the best he could do

Offline G-Unit

so hes passed the baton to someone else ...perhaps thats the best he could do

A bit like Thatcher, only he went before the Leadership challenge perhaps?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

A bit like Thatcher, only he went before the Leadership challenge perhaps?

There is a lot of talk about the importance of family on this forum
He realised others could do the job and his family were more important
I agree with him