Author Topic: Home Office pull the plug on Maddie funding.  (Read 9289 times)

Offline G-Unit

Home Office pull the plug on Maddie funding.
« on: October 02, 2018, 08:30:07 PM »
The Portuguese media seem to think OG has died with a whimper rather than a bang.

Operation Grange - the controversial British police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann - has reached the ‘official closure’ of its funding.

At least this is the version of reports circulating in Portugal this week.
http://portugalresident.com/plug-pulled-on-maddie-funding

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 08:01:35 PM by John »
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Home Office pull the plug on Maddie funding.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 08:50:36 PM »
The Portuguese media seem to think OG has died with a whimper rather than a bang.

Operation Grange - the controversial British police investigation into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann - has reached the ‘official closure’ of its funding.

At least this is the version of reports circulating in Portugal this week.
http://portugalresident.com/plug-pulled-on-maddie-funding
I think I’ll wait for an official announcement rather that believe any old tutt in the Portuguese press.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 08:58:46 PM »
Interesting that no other paper has run the the Sun's Sunday story of funding being granted, which is yet to be confirmed by the HO

Perhaps Tracey will be along with her slant shortly.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 09:21:07 PM »
If nothing else works, deny deny deny
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 09:25:42 PM »
If nothing else works, deny deny deny

Hey, that the supporters mantra
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline John

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 12:07:18 PM »
If the UK MSM are to be believed, it seems that SY intend to fund any further work they do on the Madeleine case out of their own massively stretched policing budget and if there is an enlarged spend, to apply retrospectively for special funding from the Home Office.

That suggests to me that they have come to the end of the line at this time, have concluded the loose ends and have nowhere left to go.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2018, 12:39:11 PM »
If the UK MSM are to be believed, it seems that SY intend to fund any further work they do on the Madeleine case out of their own massively stretched policing budget and if there is an enlarged spend, to apply retrospectively for special funding from the Home Office.

That suggests to me that they have come to the end of the line at this time, have concluded the loose ends and have nowhere left to go.

It certainly sounds that way. They may or may not work on the case, and if they do they will reclaim their costs after the event.
Result = happy posting.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2018, 01:31:16 PM »
It certainly sounds that way. They may or may not work on the case, and if they do they will reclaim their costs after the event.

If this is true then this is almost the worst outcome for the parents. It’s public knowledge that they weren’t investigated and no abductor has been found despite millions of pounds spent. If they thought a SY review would clear them then they’ve been sorely mistaken.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2018, 01:32:22 PM »
Now would be a good time for the Met to make public what they spent the £12 million on and still came up empty.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2018, 01:35:11 PM »
Now would be a good time for the Met to make public what they spent the £12 million on and still came up empty.

Some of us understand why it has cost 12 million.... 40 thousand documents to translate and assess

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2018, 01:37:14 PM »
If this is true then this is almost the worst outcome for the parents. It’s public knowledge that they weren’t investigated and no abductor has been found despite millions of pounds spent. If they thought a SY review would clear them then they’ve been sorely mistaken.

I must agree fath. The Met would never wind down the investigation if there were any outstanding leads worth pursuing.  Maybe team McCann will launch their own search now and Gerry will take a sabbatical to lead it.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2018, 01:41:48 PM »

Isn't there a level up to which it is obligatory for police forces to fund special cases from their own budgets before they can apply for extra Home Office funds? I think it is shown on The Met website.
I know this case was first funded from a Number 10 budget then moved to the H.O. Maybe the H.O have just decreed it should fall into line with the rest leaving the bomb in The Met's pocket?
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2018, 01:47:13 PM »
I must agree fath. The Met would never wind down the investigation if there were any outstanding leads worth pursuing.  Maybe team McCann will launch their own search now and Gerry will take a sabbatical to lead it.

That isn't feasible though, is it? The investigation hasn't been closed, it's just sitting there. Whatever Operation Grange learned is just sitting there too. That information isn't going to be released to anyone either. The McCanns can ask people to look for Madeleine, as they always have, but they can't realistically investigate anything.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2018, 01:49:54 PM »
That isn't feasible though, is it? The investigation hasn't been closed, it's just sitting there. Whatever Operation Grange learned is just sitting there too. That information isn't going to be released to anyone either. The McCanns can ask people to look for Madeleine, as they always have, but they can't realistically investigate anything.

Unless the Portuguese investigation also closes and they release all the files from the new investigation.  Although I doubt that this will include much if any of Scotland Yard's work.  Can the Met give their research information to the McCanns under British law? I doubt it.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2018, 02:06:27 PM »
Unless the Portuguese investigation also closes and they release all the files from the new investigation.  Although I doubt that this will include much if any of Scotland Yard's work.  Can the Met give their research information to the McCanns under British law? I doubt it.

I don't think the Portuguese will close unless the Met do. The McCanns tried to get police evidence before and failed, so that's not going to happen imo.
Result = happy posting.