Author Topic: Brexit has well and truly begun!  (Read 284347 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Brexit has well and truly begun!
« Reply #1110 on: February 15, 2019, 03:13:44 PM »
It depends how you define 'scrounging'.

What specific problems do EU partners of UK armed forces personnel face?

On Twitter, an army wife  (EU) who'd moved around with UK hubby and their family all over the place, couldn't produce the required utility bills (I think it was) to prove she'd been continuously resident. Hardly surprising... From memory, she was trying to do it online and there are boxes to tick. If your situation means that you couldn't have done...  a bit up the creek.

Many other similar ones and no doubt the other way round.

Having online services can be helpful, but not if your situation doesn't fit into the vision of whoever dreamt up the categories that one should fit into.

And  the online app only works on Adroid... And there's an issue about all kinds of personal info that has to be submitted, but with no assurancee as to with whom that info will be shared.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 03:16:37 PM by Carana »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1111 on: February 15, 2019, 03:36:47 PM »
On Twitter, an army wife  (EU) who'd moved around with UK hubby and their family all over the place, couldn't produce the required utility bills (I think it was) to prove she'd been continuously resident. Hardly surprising... From memory, she was trying to do it online and there are boxes to tick. If your situation means that you couldn't have done...  a bit up the creek.

Having online services can be helpful, but not if your situation doesn't fit into the vision of whoever dreamt up the categories that one should fit into.

And  the online app only works on Adroid... And there's an issue about all kinds of personal info that has to be submitted, but with no assurancee as to with whom that info will be shared.

Presumably, she wasn't actually married to her husband at the time?  Or was she?  Household bills are always in the name of one person, which doesn't mean that his wife wasn't living there.

This getting beyond ridiculous.

Do yourselves a favour.  Stay in The EU.  It is becoming increasingly obvious that Britain has lost the plot.  Much as I am loathed to admit.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1112 on: February 15, 2019, 06:43:35 PM »
Presumably, she wasn't actually married to her husband at the time?  Or was she?  Household bills are always in the name of one person, which doesn't mean that his wife wasn't living there.

This getting beyond ridiculous.

Do yourselves a favour.  Stay in The EU.  It is becoming increasingly obvious that Britain has lost the plot.  Much as I am loathed to admit.
IMO people who voted Leave thought it would simple to just leave the EU,it wouldn’t cost us a bean and that everything would be so much better afterwards.  This was a fantasy.  We will leave and it will be enormously costly, extremely difficult to achieve and the future in terms of the economy looks quite uncertain.  This is what life is like in Britain today, you’re fortunate to be out of it IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #1113 on: February 15, 2019, 06:51:31 PM »

Well that's pretty vague. My guess is that she was trying to register for 'settled status' as the App for doing that only works on Android. It's happening because wives from the EU will no longer have the right to remain as EU citizens. Like forces wives from other countries, they will need to apply to stay. As will all EU citizens living here.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1114 on: February 15, 2019, 07:17:42 PM »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1115 on: February 15, 2019, 07:28:19 PM »
IMO people who voted Leave thought it would simple to just leave the EU,it wouldn’t cost us a bean and that everything would be so much better afterwards.  This was a fantasy.  We will leave and it will be enormously costly, extremely difficult to achieve and the future in terms of the economy looks quite uncertain.  This is what life is like in Britain today, you’re fortunate to be out of it IMO.

Thanks.  I also think I am fortunate.

I seem to have lost touch over the years, but I did briefly hope that Britain might still have some pride.  However, pride doesn't butter toast.  That's the bit I forgot.

Offline John

« Reply #1116 on: February 15, 2019, 07:42:38 PM »

People voted leave because they were sick to the back teeth of unelected bureaucrats dictating just about everything in our lives and paying handsomely for the privilege. People aren't stupid although there are those who would have us believe they are. Those who voted leave knew there would be a cost and were very prepared to accept that cost but what nobody was prepared for was the attacks on the process by those who would change the referendum result. People like Gina Miller, an immigrant from British Guyana who had the audacity to try and change the referendum result to suit her own agenda, no wonder she attracted so much abuse. 

Those idiots asking demanding a second referendum are a disgrace imo.  Asking people to voted again is a farce, no wonder Theresa May has ruled it out.

We will leave the EU and the sooner the better but hopefully on the 29th March 2019 as planned. Europe is planning for our departure on that date so we must not disappoint. There will be a cost but that applies to not only the UK but to every country in the EU. The EU will have to significantly tighten its monetary belt.  No longer will British millions be squandered on basket case economies.

The British economy will adapt and we will flourish again!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 07:49:27 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1117 on: February 15, 2019, 07:46:41 PM »
People voted leave because they were sick to the back teeth of unelected bureaucrats dictating just about everything in our lives and paying handsomely for the privilege. People aren't stupid although there are those who would have us believe they are. Those who voted leave knew there would be a cost and were very prepared to accept that cost but what nobody was prepared for was the attacks on the process by those who would change the referendum result. People like Gina Miller, an immigrant from British Guyana has the audacity to try and change the referendum result to suit her own agenda, no wonder she attracted so much abuse. 

Those idiots asking demanding a second referendum are a disgrace imo.  Asking people to voted again is a farce, no wonder Theresa May has ruled it out.

Yep.  You do have to laugh at that.  Don't like the first one so demand another one.  Best of three?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1118 on: February 15, 2019, 07:46:59 PM »
People voted leave because they were sick to the back teeth of unelected bureaucrats dictating just about everything in our lives and paying handsomely for the privilege. People aren't stupid although there are those who would have us believe they are. Those who voted leave knew there would be a cost and were very prepared to accept that cost but what nobody was prepared for was the attacks on the process by those who would change the referendum result. People like Gina Miller, an immigrant from British Guyana has the audacity to try and change the referendum result to suit her own agenda, no wonder she attracted so much abuse. 

What cost did the Leave Campaign tell us that Brexit would cost us?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1119 on: February 15, 2019, 07:48:35 PM »
Yep.  You do have to laugh at that.  Don't like the first one so demand another one.  Best of three?
Nigel Farage thought we’d need a second referendum was 52:48, problem is he thought Remain would win which is why he said it.  Such blatant hypocrisy!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1120 on: February 15, 2019, 07:51:51 PM »
Nigel Farage thought we’d need a second referendum was 52:48, problem is he thought Remain would win which is why he said it.  Such blatant hypocrisy!

Everybody thought that Remain would win.  There wouldn't have been a Referendum in the first place otherwise.  Whoops.

Offline John

« Reply #1121 on: February 15, 2019, 07:57:59 PM »
What cost did the Leave Campaign tell us that Brexit would cost us?

When an economy as big as ours leaves an institution as big as the EU there will inevitably be losers and winners.  Exporters are already reaping the benefits of a devalued pound and tourism to these islands hasn't been better. It's an ill wind which doesn't blow some benefit they say. The Leave Campaign could have said anything but people would still have voted leave.

I have seen how Spain has been impacted by the EU and the introduction of the Euro. Things became massively more expensive overnight. Millions of homes, some half built, are lying empty, 20% of all youth are unemployed.

Is France the same Eleanor because it must be if the 'jaune gilets' demonstrations in Paris every weekend are anything to go by?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:01:34 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1122 on: February 15, 2019, 08:01:00 PM »
When an economy as big as ours leaves an institution as big as the EU there will inevitably be losers and winners.  Exporters are already reaping the benefits of a devalued pound and tourism to these islands hasn't been better. It's an ill wind which doesn't blow some benefit they say. The Leave Campaign could have said anything but people would still have voted leave. I have seen how Spain has been impacted by the EU and the introduction of the Euro. Things became massively more expensive overnight. Millions of homes, some half built, are lying empty, 20% of all youth are unemployed.
Sorry that doesn’t answer my question.  Were Leavers told we would be expected to pay tens of billions as part of the divorce settlement?  Or were they led to believe by the Leave Vampaign that we’d simply  tell Johnny Foreigner to stuff his demands where the sun don’t shine, after all they heed us more than we need them, blah blah blah?

Offline John

« Reply #1123 on: February 15, 2019, 08:03:12 PM »
Sorry that doesn’t answer my question.  Were Leavers told we would be expected to pay tens of billions as part of the divorce settlement?  Or were they led to believe by the Leave Vampaign that we’d simply  tell Johnny Foreigner to stuff his demands where the sun don’t shine, after all they heed us more than we need them, blah blah blah?

The £39 billion is still very much up for debate.  Personally I think we shouldn't pay another dime to the EU.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1124 on: February 15, 2019, 08:03:44 PM »
When an economy as big as ours leaves an institution as big as the EU there will inevitably be losers and winners.  Exporters are already reaping the benefits of a devalued pound and tourism to these islands hasn't been better. It's an ill wind which doesn't blow some benefit they say. The Leave Campaign could have said anything but people would still have voted leave.

I have seen how Spain has been impacted by the EU and the introduction of the Euro. Things became massively more expensive overnight. Millions of homes, some half built, are lying empty, 20% of all youth are unemployed.

I was eight years already here on the introduction of The Euro.  Prices were recorded in both Euros and Francs for a very long time.  Things still haven't changed vey much at all.  And I am still getting the same miserable amount for my Pension that I was five years ago.