Author Topic: Sceptics beliefs ?  (Read 239436 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Sceptics beliefs ?
« Reply #3075 on: May 14, 2019, 08:44:47 AM »
apotheosis

noun
the highest point in the development of something; a culmination or climax.
"his appearance as Hamlet was the apotheosis of his career"
synonyms:   culmination, climax, crowning moment, peak, pinnacle, summit, zenith, apex, acme, apogee, high point, highest point, height, high water mark
"his appearance as Hamlet was the apotheosis of his career"
the elevation of someone to divine status.
"death spared Pompey the task of having to account for the apotheosis of Caesar"

I don't know if I would go that far, just yet.

It's irony

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3076 on: May 14, 2019, 08:51:51 AM »
It's irony
Is irony allowed under the rules of the forum?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3077 on: May 14, 2019, 08:52:33 AM »
Is irony allowed under the rules of the forum?

You are the mod... The forum is full of irony or are you just trying to find some reason to remove my post
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 08:58:49 AM by Davel »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3078 on: May 14, 2019, 09:05:54 AM »
You are the mod... The forum is full of irony or are you just trying to find some reason to remove my post
That would be ironic.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #3079 on: May 14, 2019, 10:38:53 AM »
Trust me pal, there appears very little reason required to do that. I currently hold the record and I'm relatively moderate in my opinions.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3080 on: May 14, 2019, 10:44:44 AM »
Trust me pal, there appears very little reason required to do that. I currently hold the record and I'm relatively moderate in my opinions.

Crikey.  I'm an ex-mod and I have no idea how one checks on deleted posts?

What's your secret?

Quick, before this post gets deleted!   (&^&
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3081 on: May 14, 2019, 10:45:38 AM »
What is the record you are claiming?
Moderation

Offline The General

« Reply #3082 on: May 14, 2019, 10:49:11 AM »
Crikey.  I'm an ex-mod and I have no idea how one checks on deleted posts?

What's your secret?

Quick, before this post gets deleted!   (&^&
I don't really know, or indeed hold the record, but my posts just evaporate, usually when Eleanor's on.
I'm not really concerned, more amused, so I make light of it and have claimed the notional forum record.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3083 on: May 14, 2019, 10:50:50 AM »
I don't really know, or indeed hold the record, but my posts just evaporate, usually when Eleanor's on.
I'm not really concerned, more amused, so I make light of it and have claimed the notional forum record.
Is that why you post count is relatively low?
Moderation

Offline The General

« Reply #3084 on: May 14, 2019, 10:53:19 AM »
Is that why you post count is relatively low?
Nah, I jest. It's a handful. Some notice or reason would be useful, but not essential.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3085 on: May 14, 2019, 11:02:03 AM »
Nah, I jest. It's a handful. Some notice or reason would be useful, but not essential.

Sometimes I discuss the reasons on the forum, like yesterday ad homs or today the issue of irony.   I hope you all learn from these discussions.  I certainly do.  Three years ago when I joined (July 09, 2016) I was always getting posts deleted and I had to learn how not to libel anyone.  It is not easy if you are opinionated.  I personally like your style as it is like my own, that's how I feel anyway.  So you might be having the same problem - libel.   
« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 12:12:27 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation