Author Topic: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...  (Read 25215 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: If The Germans Have It Almost In The Bag...
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2021, 06:44:11 PM »
It’s hardly sanctimonious to point out that very young children shouldn’t be left unattended.

Right - I think we may have got that by now - none more so than the missing child's parents.

So why approve of what the Portuguese investigation did by treating her as if she was not fit to be looked for and 'shelving' her case.

You may not think a lot of her parents - but what the Hell has an innocent three year old done to generate such antipathy!
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2021, 06:56:16 PM »
I think the Portuguese were wise to shelve the case when they did - they were unable to progress any further, and unlike us British, who clearly have money to burn, decided that enough was enough.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2021, 06:58:17 PM »
I think the Portuguese were wise to shelve the case when they did - they were unable to progress any further, and unlike us British, who clearly have money to burn, decided that enough was enough.
Yes I agree.  Let’s put a cap of 12 months investigation on all crimes and when they can’t be solved just give up.  Think of the money it will save!!
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2021, 07:23:54 PM »
Yes I agree.  Let’s put a cap of 12 months investigation on all crimes and when they can’t be solved just give up.  Think of the money it will save!!

Sounds fair enough to me.  Let's give up on this notion that it takes a village to raise a child ~ why not just let them get on with it themselves.
Boy oh boy - what a criminal's charter it will be when we give up even paying lip service to nailing any of them at  all!
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2021, 08:20:12 PM »
Right - I think we may have got that by now - none more so than the missing child's parents.

So why approve of what the Portuguese investigation did by treating her as if she was not fit to be looked for and 'shelving' her case.

You may not think a lot of her parents - but what the Hell has an innocent three year old done to generate such antipathy!

The PJ actually did the opposite. Under pressure they initially treated the case like an abduction rather than first "clearing the ground from under the feet" of parental involvement. They found that the alleged "evidence" and the reported stories of an abduction led nowhere.

Offline Lace

« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2021, 08:22:52 PM »
It's disgusting the amount of public money thrown at this case when it didn't even occur in the UK.  How many children have gone missing in the UK in the last 14 years with little or no interest being shown in them by police?

Madeleine was/is a British citizen.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2021, 09:12:13 AM »
Who (apart from you) said the Germans have it almost in the bag?  Is endless speculation a good thing, in your view?  If so why?

I thought HCW said as much?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2021, 09:15:52 AM »
I thought HCW said as much?
No, they’ve said they don’t have enough evidence to bring a successful prosecution, repeatedly.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2021, 01:35:00 PM »
No, they’ve said they don’t have enough evidence to bring a successful prosecution, repeatedly.

Oh.  I thought HCW used the term "concrete evidence"?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2021, 01:56:43 PM »
Madeleine was/is a British citizen.

I wonder how many investigations by British police forces involve British citizens who were victims of a crime in another country?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Billy Whizz Fan Club

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2021, 02:07:16 PM »

It appears that is what is lacking. I don’t think they’ll be too bothered as long as CB remains in prison and a significant number of the public believe him to be guilty, imo. It wouldn’t surprise me if he suffers some fatal injury in prison thus sparing a court case whilst still cementing his guilt in the consciousness of the public. Case closed!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2021, 02:33:11 PM »
It appears that is what is lacking. I don’t think they’ll be too bothered as long as CB remains in prison and a significant number of the public believe him to be guilty, imo. It wouldn’t surprise me if he suffers some fatal injury in prison thus sparing a court case whilst still cementing his guilt in the consciousness of the public. Case closed!!

I think they are keeping him in solitary to avoid that
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 02:49:30 PM by Davel »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2021, 02:57:51 PM »
Yes, and?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2021, 04:37:01 PM »
I wonder how many investigations by British police forces involve British citizens who were victims of a crime in another country?

Do you think we should pull the plug on Madeleine McCann's investigation - and ask the Portuguese and Germans to do likewise.

Offline jassi

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2021, 05:02:44 PM »
Do you think we should pull the plug on Madeleine McCann's investigation - and ask the Portuguese and Germans to do likewise.

Yes to the former. Would you prefer it to go on indefinitely?

As for the Portuguese/Germans, they can please themselves.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future