Author Topic: Questions arising.  (Read 7755 times)

Offline barrier

Re: Questions arising.
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2021, 10:41:26 AM »
Who knows.. I wonder how posters will react if the evidence is as concrete as Wolters claims

I can think of one or two who think the girl is still alive will disappointed.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2021, 10:51:14 AM »
There are lots more proven facts but imo you have a problem accepting evidence which goes against your fixed mindset.
You talk about ruling out the parents... What exactly do you mean.

I think it's been shown that the parents have been ruled out by the available evidence. That doesn't mean they have been proven innocent..

You accuse me of having a fixed mindset but I think my mindset is less fixed than yours because I'm willing to consider any possible scenario. Those who are convinced that certain people have been ruled out are unable to accept the possibility of the statistically most likely scenario imo.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2021, 10:58:09 AM »
You accuse me of having a fixed mindset but I think my mindset is less fixed than yours because I'm willing to consider any possible scenario. Those who are convinced that certain people have been ruled out are unable to accept the possibility of the statistically most likely scenario imo.

Which is ?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #108 on: September 17, 2021, 11:34:53 AM »
I think an open minded approach which refuses to accept anything as proved is preferable to one which relies on and begins with a fixed conviction. Insisting that the question of parental involvement has been answered and basing arguments on that conviction is fallacious imo. There is, imo, only one proven fact in this case; that Madeleine McCann disappeared.
Says the woman who has declared stranger abduction virtually impossible!  That strikes me as extremely closed-minded to that particular scenario.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2021, 11:35:45 AM »
Statistics have got eff all to do with it, can't believe you are using this as an argument, it's absurd.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2021, 11:38:30 AM »
Imagine if all cases were solved by statistics, wouldn't that make life so much easier?  Then the parents of all the victims of the Moors Murderers could have served life in prison instead of the chore of having to find the real perpetrators and bring them to justice.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #111 on: September 17, 2021, 11:44:03 AM »
I don't think you understand what ruled out means.
I dont agree with your opinion that parental involvement is statistically most likely.. I feel you don't understand the statistics.
My mind is completely open.. To evidence. If the PJ announced they had concrete evidence of parental involvement... I would be intrigued... Not automatically dismissive as you have been.
I've give two examples of you refusing to admit two points.. Even though I have supplied proof.. That's why I see your mindset as fixed

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #112 on: September 17, 2021, 11:55:05 AM »
Imagine if all cases were solved by statistics, wouldn't that make life so much easier?  Then the parents of all the victims of the Moors Murderers could have served life in prison instead of the chore of having to find the real perpetrators and bring them to justice.
I would definitely say stranger abduction is statistically most likely in this case

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #113 on: September 17, 2021, 12:00:40 PM »
I would definitely say stranger abduction is statistically most likely in this case
It's clearly the only plausible and logical explanation imo and it appears that at least two leading police forces are of the same view. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #114 on: September 17, 2021, 12:40:02 PM »
I don't think you understand what ruled out means.
I dont agree with your opinion that parental involvement is statistically most likely.. I feel you don't understand the statistics.
My mind is completely open.. To evidence. If the PJ announced they had concrete evidence of parental involvement... I would be intrigued... Not automatically dismissive as you have been.
I've give two examples of you refusing to admit two points.. Even though I have supplied proof.. That's why I see your mindset as fixed

Despite your objections I stick by my point. I'm open to all possibilities and some aren't. You claim evidence and proof are important, but rely on evidence provided by people who were themselves suspects at a certain point in time.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #115 on: September 17, 2021, 12:43:17 PM »
Despite your objections I stick by my point. I'm open to all possibilities and some aren't. You claim evidence and proof are important, but rely on evidence provided by people who were themselves suspects at a certain point in time.
How can you say you are open to the possibility of stranger abduction from the apartment when you have declared such a scenario as virtually impossible?  Do you mean in the same way you are open to the possibility that the Loch Ness Monster exists, or fairies at the bottom of your garden?  In other words are you really just taking the piss when you say you are open to all possibilities?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #116 on: September 17, 2021, 12:52:16 PM »

Suspects based on the PJs inability to understand the evidence. I think you misunderstand many things here. I'm open to parental involvement... Does that surprise you

Offline Brietta

« Reply #117 on: September 17, 2021, 01:06:30 PM »
Suspects based on the PJs inability to understand the evidence. I think you misunderstand many things here. I'm open to parental involvement... Does that surprise you

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest, Davel.

It is impossible to form an opinion unless one has considered all possibilities.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #118 on: September 17, 2021, 01:12:47 PM »

You may be open to parental involvement, but you are also open to relying their evidence to support the thesis of stranger abduction.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #119 on: September 17, 2021, 01:25:53 PM »
You may be open to parental involvement, but you are also open to relying their evidence to support the thesis of stranger abduction.

And why should I not be open to their evidence,...if you are not your mind is closed. I dont take anything at face value.

Do you beleive the Needhams families statements...they were once suspects too. we only have their word for it that Ben disappeared