Author Topic: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive  (Read 81097 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive
« Reply #526 on: October 23, 2018, 09:30:55 PM »
Really?
So what's with the original statements suggesting a locked apartment and a break in?

Can you point us to the original transcripts of the statements to which you refer?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #527 on: October 23, 2018, 09:52:26 PM »
Can you point us to the original transcripts of the statements to which you refer?

I doubt it, are you sure "transcripts" was the correct word you were seeking anyway?
You still fail to understand how I play this game.

"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Brietta

« Reply #528 on: October 23, 2018, 10:02:26 PM »
I doubt it, are you sure "transcripts" was the correct word you were seeking anyway?
You still fail to understand how I play this game.

I don't play games. 

If you dislike "transcripts" see if providing a cite for "transcripts of the verbatim statements made by witnesses" suits you any better, and try to keep your response on topic bearing in mind that there is no evidence of Madeleine's death.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #529 on: October 23, 2018, 10:29:00 PM »
Really?
So what's with the original statements suggesting a locked apartment and a break in?
Cite please.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Lace

« Reply #530 on: October 24, 2018, 01:59:30 PM »
Really?

They said the front door was locked,  but the patio door wasn't.

As to the 'break in'   are you referring to the hysterical phone call Gerry made to his sister?    Gerry found the shutter could be raised from outside,  as the shutter should ahve been operated from the inside of the apartment,  it was presumed to be broken.  How Gerrys sister chose to pass on the conversation was her explanation for the shutter being broken. IMO

Offline Sunny

« Reply #531 on: October 24, 2018, 02:20:46 PM »
They said the front door was locked,  but the patio door wasn't.

As to the 'break in'   are you referring to the hysterical phone call Gerry made to his sister?    Gerry found the shutter could be raised from outside,  as the shutter should ahve been operated from the inside of the apartment,  it was presumed to be broken.  How Gerrys sister chose to pass on the conversation was her explanation for the shutter being broken. IMO

Do we know if the windows were able to be opened from the outside?  I have never seen anything about that at all only the shutters.   If they were not able to be opened from there then an abductor would not be able to use them as an entry point.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #532 on: October 24, 2018, 02:36:57 PM »
Do we know if the windows were able to be opened from the outside?  I have never seen anything about that at all only the shutters.   If they were not able to be opened from there then an abductor would not be able to use them as an entry point.

I seem to remember they were opened by the cleaners and not locked

Offline Sunny

« Reply #533 on: October 24, 2018, 02:38:23 PM »
I seem to remember they were opened by the cleaners and not locked

Was that from the outside Davel?  My windows don't lock as such as there is no key but I wouldn't be able to open them from the outside without damaging them.
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #534 on: October 24, 2018, 02:45:05 PM »
Was that from the outside Davel?  My windows don't lock as such as there is no key but I wouldn't be able to open them from the outside without damaging them.

Would need to ask Heriberto... Who is, a member here who did a reconstruction

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #535 on: October 24, 2018, 02:46:50 PM »
The Guardian reported

11.10pm: Detectives from the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) arrive having been contacted by police constables.

They see there is a latch lock on the sliding glass window. The McCanns thought, but could not be sure they had locked it at the start of the holiday. Later it was discovered that it was common for cleaners to open the shutters and windows to give the rooms an airing, so there is no way of knowing whether the window was locked that night or not

Offline Sunny

« Reply #536 on: October 24, 2018, 02:51:00 PM »
The Guardian reported

11.10pm: Detectives from the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) arrive having been contacted by police constables.

They see there is a latch lock on the sliding glass window. The McCanns thought, but could not be sure they had locked it at the start of the holiday. Later it was discovered that it was common for cleaners to open the shutters and windows to give the rooms an airing, so there is no way of knowing whether the window was locked that night or not

Thank you so much Snowgirl  *&(+(+

I think that is what i have on my windows. In which case the latch would be down so they would not be able to be opened from the outside or they would blow open in on a windy day.  Mine have done it before when someone tries to pull them too without bothering to latch them (the window would also not appear totally closed either).  All IMO.

Is there a picture of the windows (a close up of the inside would be great).

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #537 on: October 24, 2018, 03:04:34 PM »

I think that is what i have on my windows. In which case the latch would be down so they would not be able to be opened from the outside or they would blow open in on a windy day.  Mine have done it before when someone tries to pull them too without bothering to latch them (the window would also not appear totally closed either).  All IMO.

It seems they were sliding so wouldn't blow, anywhere...
Sliding windows can be closed but not locked and easily opened  from the outside

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #538 on: October 24, 2018, 03:08:54 PM »

My family have closed my windows without locking them too. I wouldn't expect a cleaner familiar with the windows to make that mistake, however.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Snowgirl

« Reply #539 on: October 24, 2018, 03:09:37 PM »

This? http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/P9/09_VOLUME_IXa_Page_2319.jpg