Author Topic: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive  (Read 81103 times)

Offline sadie

Re: "no evidence" to support a theory missing girl Madeleine McCann is alive
« Reply #570 on: October 25, 2018, 02:10:14 AM »
Videos and photos can be manipulated by Photoshop.
Statements can be recorded incorrectly and subject to poor translation.
Witness memory can be affected by False Memory Syndrome.

I the end can we trust any investigation?  I think in the end the British system of recording interviews on video must just about make it impossible to record a statement falsely.

Despite this two of the rogatory interviews in the PJ file had problems with the recordings.

And it seems to me that anything that goes against Amaral and his co-horts is being removed from the internet.

Just who is doing that ? 

And are we, our side, helping identify anything that goes against Amaral?   So that they, who ever they may be, just have to find all the sources and delete them ?

Sinister.

Offline Sunny

« Reply #571 on: October 25, 2018, 07:05:33 AM »
And it seems to me that anything that goes against Amaral and his co-horts is being removed from the internet.

Just who is doing that ? 

And are we, our side, helping identify anything that goes against Amaral?   So that they, who ever they may be, just have to find all the sources and delete them ?

Sinister.

Do you have any evidence of your claim Sadie?  Any at all?
Members are reminded that cites must be provided in accordance with the forum rules. On several occasions recently cites have been requested but never provided. Asking for a cite is not goading but compliance.

From this moment onward, posts making significant claims which are not backed up by a cite will be removed.

Moderators and Editors take note!

Offline barrier

« Reply #572 on: October 25, 2018, 07:09:14 AM »

Just who is doing that ? 

Sinister.
Along with information pertaining to Operation Grange,almost like there's isn't one,so may be they can find no evidence of Madeleine being alive.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #573 on: October 25, 2018, 07:25:16 AM »
I was under the impression that some supporters claimed that the files were wrong either due to mistranslation or because they were translated in the first place. I am sure you are one of those that said that too Davel.

Then you are mistaken. In general the files are fairly accurate as,we have the original Portuguese to compare... Grime... Harrison and the forensics are in English.
What I have said is we do not have the original tapas statements in English so we don't know how accurate they are
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 08:06:53 AM by Davel »

Offline Lace

« Reply #574 on: October 25, 2018, 09:39:10 AM »
Do we know if the windows were able to be opened from the outside?  I have never seen anything about that at all only the shutters.   If they were not able to be opened from there then an abductor would not be able to use them as an entry point.

I don't know Sunny,   I only mentioned the shutters as Alice was talking about a 'break in'   Gerry McCann could lift the shutters up from outside,  so obviously IMO he thought they had been broken,   his sister then told her version of the story as 'jemmied'.    Then it was bandied about the internet that the McCann's had said the shutters were smashed,  jemmied etc.   when all Gerry probably said was that they were broken,  which if they were not supposed to open from the outside they were indeed broken.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #575 on: October 25, 2018, 09:45:11 AM »
Then you are mistaken. In general the files are fairly accurate as,we have the original Portuguese to compare... Grime... Harrison and the forensics are in English.
What I have said is we do not have the original tapas statements in English so we don't know how accurate they are

With the benefit of the files it is possible I think to track what went wrong with much of the original investigation.

I have also noted that much of substance is dated after Amaral was sacked from the case and replaced by Rebelo which rather substantiates that the proper digital collation of the evidence didn't occur till then.
If memory serves me well that included checking out material evidence of the Smith sighting when receipts  and witnesses were sought.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #576 on: October 25, 2018, 09:52:32 AM »

Just who is doing that ? 

Sinister.

Your understanding of how the internet works is lacking. It is a volatile environment, when a site has a tidy up they will remove pages and areas that have not been accessed for a while or are in their minds no longer required. Sites are removed on a regular basis, people have to pay for web hosting and will not continue to do so just for the benefit of other users.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline The General

« Reply #577 on: October 25, 2018, 10:17:47 AM »
I don't know Sunny,   I only mentioned the shutters as Alice was talking about a 'break in'   Gerry McCann could lift the shutters up from outside,  so obviously IMO he thought they had been broken,   his sister then told her version of the story as 'jemmied'.    Then it was bandied about the internet that the McCann's had said the shutters were smashed,  jemmied etc.   when all Gerry probably said was that they were broken,  which if they were not supposed to open from the outside they were indeed broken.
Any self-respecting burglar / child snatcher could open a set of patio doors with a lollipop stick; no requirement to 'jemmy' anything.
(disclaimer: exaggeration using the 'lollipop stick' analogy as a device for mild comic effect and emphasis in regard to the relative ease of which an experienced house breaker could break in to a standard set of patio doors)
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #578 on: October 25, 2018, 10:52:11 AM »
Any self-respecting burglar / child snatcher could open a set of patio doors with a lollipop stick; no requirement to 'jemmy' anything.
(disclaimer: exaggeration using the 'lollipop stick' analogy as a device for mild comic effect and emphasis in regard to the relative ease of which an experienced house breaker could break in to a standard set of patio doors)

In this instance a lollipop stick might have been as appropriate a tool as any considering it is on record that that the patio door was unlocked.

In my opinion the open window and raised shutter indicates that someone other than the named persons we know of was there that night.  Which is why it is so extraordinary that the police began leaking about a badly told story almost before the CSI officers had time to replenish their supply of fingerprint powder let alone for the lab to produce a forensic report of their findings.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #579 on: October 25, 2018, 11:01:03 AM »
In this instance a lollipop stick might have been as appropriate a tool as any considering it is on record that that the patio door was unlocked.

In my opinion the open window and raised shutter indicates that someone other than the named persons we know of was there that night.  Which is why it is so extraordinary that the police began leaking about a badly told story almost before the CSI officers had time to replenish their supply of fingerprint powder let alone for the lab to produce a forensic report of their findings.

I don't think it was a badly told story but the language barrier resulted in several misunderstandings... Hence why SY seem to accept  it's a perfectly reasonable, story

Offline The General

« Reply #580 on: October 25, 2018, 12:03:21 PM »

Yes, Brietta, agreed. I was pointing out that our intruder would use the path of least resistance, so naturally would check for unlocked doors, all doors, first, then consider an alternative route of entry. The patio doors being the most vulnerable due to their secluded outlook and relative ease of defeating. The shuttered window would probably be option 3 of 3 for any self-respecting burglar / child snatcher. Conversely, would probably option 1 as a red herring, if one were ever required and if said burglar / child snatcher deemed it necessary.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Heriberto Janosch

« Reply #581 on: October 25, 2018, 12:10:39 PM »
Yes, Brietta, agreed. I was pointing out that our intruder would use the path of least resistance, so naturally would check for unlocked doors, all doors, first, then consider an alternative route of entry. The patio doors being the most vulnerable due to their secluded outlook and relative ease of defeating. The shuttered window would probably be option 3 of 3 for any self-respecting burglar / child snatcher. Conversely, would probably option 1 as a red herring, if one were ever required and if said burglar / child snatcher deemed it necessary.
You have to climb steps to reach the patio doors, Madeleine's room window is at street level.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 11:59:36 AM by Angelo222 »

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #582 on: October 25, 2018, 01:38:07 PM »

Strange how Gerry could raise it easy but Dianne found it impossible don't ya think? Something doesn't add up!

However, she wants to stress that immediately afterwards, she went outside the apartment in order to ascertain whether she would be able to raise the shutters by hand from the outside, and found it was impossible for her.
http://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/DIANNE_WEBSTER_11-MAY07.htm

Crime scene photo - Shutters down
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 01:42:52 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #583 on: October 25, 2018, 02:46:52 PM »
So Paulo Rebelo and his team taking over the investigation and blowing the cobwebs off it to introduce it to modern policing methods is all a figment ??? 
Please don't allow me to discombobulate your thinking along those lines ... but it would be worth bearing in mind the remedial solution you suggest in your post might be considered extreme for members of a discussion forum.
Particularly since it appears you may not have bothered to 'dry run' your suggested solution to others for efficacy yourself.

If it's a discussion forum along the lines of "If the dog hadn't stopped running he would have caught the hare" or "if a sewing machine had bigger wheels it might be a car" or "what would have happened if The Titanic had radar" or "four legs good two legs bad" then fine you carry on. But if you want reality then you need get down in the nuts and bolts and cease being silly. I understand fully your reluctance to do so.

I did a dry run a few years ago as a result of which I posed a question on here, a few times since and have received nothing but puerile responses.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 12:28:15 AM by John »
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #584 on: October 25, 2018, 02:55:23 PM »
We have the original police files to work with.... Then it still comes down to an ability to assess and understand the evidence

Skating gently over the thrice mistranslated and non verbatim haraz of a few months ago.
Where did you lay your hands on the "Original" police files?
Also skating gently over The Yard's contention of 40,000 + documents to read. Which is close to one man year in time!?
I'll leave others to join up the dots.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey