Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509484 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #1020 on: April 13, 2019, 12:15:18 PM »
Sutton is the new target. Look at them digging for dirt  @)(++(*
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1021 on: April 13, 2019, 12:28:38 PM »
Sutton is the new target. Look at them digging for dirt  @)(++(*

Sutton doesn't know of what he is talking about.  He is not privy to any information.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1022 on: April 13, 2019, 12:31:41 PM »
Sutton doesn't know of what he is talking about.  He is not privy to any information.

You sound very certain. Sure it's not just wishful thinking on your part?  8)--))
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #1023 on: April 13, 2019, 01:26:59 PM »
Note how defensive excuses are put up even before any additional testing is done  @)(++(*

How can a machine separate DNA when they don't know whose DNA it belongs to?

Offline jassi

« Reply #1024 on: April 13, 2019, 01:31:06 PM »

I don't know, but I don't need to.
If it works, then it will throw up some interesting questions and answers.

Attempting to rubbish the procedure, while standard tactics, achieves nothing.

As the saying goes, nothing to hide, nothing to fear.   8(0(*
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Lace

« Reply #1025 on: April 13, 2019, 02:07:23 PM »
I don't know, but I don't need to.
If it works, then it will throw up some interesting questions and answers.

Attempting to rubbish the procedure, while standard tactics, achieves nothing.

As the saying goes, nothing to hide, nothing to fear.   8(0(*

If for example they said they found all the markers for Madeleine's DNA,  how can they guarantee that the other markers they found WERE Madeleine's and not belonging to her siblings, parents, or a member of the public?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1026 on: April 13, 2019, 02:09:41 PM »

I've read a fair bit about true allele... And it isn't clear and that's why I suggested that Perlin answerred a few more questions people condemned SY.... It seems some are willing to believe anything without real evidence..
Thinking logically and from what is implied...
It's quite possible that the programme could come up with multiple possible profiles with some being note likely than others... And the computer, selects, the most likely..
I think it would struggle with a match to Maddue when both parents could have contributed to the mix..

So can Perlin answer the question... Was Maddie's DNA in the car... I think the answer is no.. He can give a probability but not a definitive answer... Then we ask what is, the significance when transference is highly likely...
I seem to remember from the podcast that Perlin said transference is unlikely... If he did he is wrong... I'll check again... Sutton certainly showed he didn't understand  how likely transference was...which is a poor show for someone promoted by some as some kind if expert

Offline jassi

« Reply #1027 on: April 13, 2019, 02:17:39 PM »
If for example they said they found all the markers for Madeleine's DNA,  how can they guarantee that the other markers they found WERE Madeleine's and not belonging to her siblings, parents, or a member of the public?

Not my problem, any more than it is yours.

I'm prepared for them to air their findings before commenting on them.

Or maybe not -

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1028 on: April 13, 2019, 02:25:28 PM »
Not my problem, any more than it is yours.

I'm prepared for them to air their findings before commenting on them.

I think that's a sensible approach that someone should explain to Sutton who talks about blood soaked rags and attempts to clean away possible DNA evidence.. LOL..
After these statements I think it's fair  to question his agenda... Those comments will certainly add fuel to the sceptics beliefs... Why has he done that... Why is he not being impartial... What is his agenda
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 02:35:18 PM by Davel »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1029 on: April 13, 2019, 02:34:22 PM »
You sound very certain. Sure it's not just wishful thinking on your part?  8)--))

Why would it be wishful thinking on my part?  Colin Sutton has no knowledge of the investigation.

We don't even know if he was asked to be involved, or even if he was given the opportunity to decline.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #1030 on: April 13, 2019, 02:37:47 PM »
I've read a fair bit about true allele... And it isn't clear and that's why I suggested that Perlin answerred a few more questions people condemned SY.... It seems some are willing to believe anything without real evidence..
Thinking logically and from what is implied...
It's quite possible that the programme could come up with multiple possible profiles with some being note likely than others... And the computer, selects, the most likely..
I think it would struggle with a match to Maddue when both parents could have contributed to the mix..

So can Perlin answer the question... Was Maddie's DNA in the car... I think the answer is no.. He can give a probability but not a definitive answer... Then we ask what is, the significance when transference is highly likely...
I seem to remember from the podcast that Perlin said transference is unlikely... If he did he is wrong... I'll check again... Sutton certainly showed he didn't understand  how likely transference was...which is a poor show for someone promoted by some as some kind if expert

Glad that you are back, no matter what you think of me.

Offline The General

« Reply #1031 on: April 13, 2019, 02:38:12 PM »
Does a machine need to know who? Surely they're just extrapolating different DNA signatures?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1032 on: April 13, 2019, 02:38:39 PM »
Glad that you are back, no matter what you think of me.

I think you are a very nice person... Based on the evidence

Offline The General

« Reply #1033 on: April 13, 2019, 02:40:43 PM »
I think that's a sensible approach that someone should explain to Sutton who talks about blood soaked rags and attempts to clean away possible DNA evidence.. LOL..
After these statements I think it's fair  to question his agenda... Those comments will certainly add fuel to the sceptics beliefs... Why has he done that... Why is he not being impartial... What is his agenda
He's being paid. He's gone from wringing the life out of it, on the road doing PPT presentations in community centres with a crackpot, to being in demand on the Maddie media circus....he's solved over 30 murders apparently, so he's an expert!
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Lace

« Reply #1034 on: April 13, 2019, 03:01:24 PM »
Does a machine need to know who? Surely they're just extrapolating different DNA signatures?

Different DNA signatures yes,  but how do they know where to put them as to what belongs where.   I can understand if one person left DNA but five?   How on earth can you decide which marker belongs where?   In Madeleine's case 15 markers were found belonging to her,  could this machine find the others to say yes it was definitely Madeleine's DNA  or find the markers and say, well it could be but they could also belong to her siblings or parents or one of the public.   One of the public is probable as it was a hire car.