Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509475 times)

Offline jassi

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #1665 on: May 04, 2019, 12:45:54 PM »
Having hired many vehicles over the years, I don't even fart in them for fear of some punitive, hidden charge being applied - 'Mr. General, that will be £4000 please'.
Leaving the back door open all night  - I'd literally would have had to be trying to cover up some heinous crime to even consider it.

But it felt so safe there - even after they'd lost one of the children in their care, they were willing to leave a car they didn't own open to the potential villains roaming the streets each night

Yeah, sure.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1666 on: May 04, 2019, 12:52:28 PM »
Rua das Flores is a cul-de-sac.  You can get out of the end on foot, not by car, but essentially that leads nowhere of relevance.

The nearest rubbish bins are at the entrance/exit of the estate.  They are perhaps 600 or more meters from the villa.  I know perfectly just how much rubbish a family of 2 adults and 2 infants plus guests produces.

The smart way to dispose of their rubbish would have been to stuck it in their boot, and to drop it off at the estate exit whenever they went out by car e.g. for shopping.

When we first heaved up around here, that is what my beloved did.  And the car boot stank as a result.  Since then, I have walked our rubbish to the nearest bin on a frequent basis, which has solved the problem.

Not that it is relevant, but I have included Rua das Flores and the local bins on more than one Luz Tour, to demonstrate to guests that a 'smelly boot' is perfectly innocuous.

When we first heaved up around here, that is what my beloved did.  And the car boot stank as a result.  Since then, I have walked our rubbish to the nearest bin on a frequent basis, which has solved the problem.

Just out of curiosity - did you have to leave the boot open day and night.

With all that went on also burglars etc - surely the mcns would have known by then it wasn't a safe thing to do.

Or was it a safe place after all imo

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1667 on: May 04, 2019, 12:53:52 PM »
This wasn't a night airing. Every day the witness passed she saw an open boot day and night. You don't think that is suspicious in a missing child case? You know what the dogs alert to. Eddie was trained to detect cadaver scent and blood. Keela only alerts to human blood.

Conclusion

In the objects recovered from the Scenic, there were around 15 blonde/fair hairs similar to the reference hairs from SJM2, 4 and 5. However, as it was not possible to do solid [definitive] or significant [forensically meaningful] tests it is not possible for me to determine if, or not, these could have been from Madeleine McCann.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/A_L_PALMER.htm

I asked what the dogs actually do, not what Grime said they did.  So the answer is NOT what Grime said they did.

I'm a fan of true doggie deployments, so here's one for the forum.

In England, a man went missing.  The police conducted an extensive ground search in the area, particularly focusing on where he wast last seen and the route he was likely to have taken on his walk home.  They found nothing, so eventually it became shelved, a cold case.

This bit interests me re MBM because of the ground searches conducted by the GNR et all in the days after MBM went missing.

Roghly a year or so after the man in England went missing, the police called in a cold case/missing person expert and tried again.  The expert conducted many diligencies.  To cut to the chase he brought in cadaver dogs to assist in a fresh ground search.

There were two alerts.  Both were checked.  Both had found genuine cadavers, but they were confirmed as animal cadavers.  Hence my original question.  And my interest in cadaver dogs.

The dogs never found the missing person.  His body was found when a passer-by noticed a foot sticking out of undergrowth.  And that explains my curiousity about how a body would decompose if on the surface of the ground in the Algarve.  No one saw unusual insect or predator behaviour around the man's corpse.
What's up, old man?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1668 on: May 04, 2019, 01:05:27 PM »
I asked what the dogs actually do, not what Grime said they did.  So the answer is NOT what Grime said they did.

In England, a man went missing.  The police conducted an extensive ground search in the area, particularly focusing on where he wast last seen and the route he was likely to have taken on his walk home.  They found nothing, so eventually it became shelved, a cold case.

This bit interests me re MBM because of the ground searches conducted by the GNR et all in the days after MBM went missing.

Roghly a year or so after the man in England went missing, the police called in a cold case/missing person expert and tried again.  The expert conducted many diligencies.  To cut to the chase he brought in cadaver dogs to assist in a fresh ground search.

There were two alerts.  Both were checked.  Both had found genuine cadavers, but they were confirmed as animal cadavers.  Hence my original question.  And my interest in cadaver dogs.

The dogs never found the missing person.  His body was found when a passer-by noticed a foot sticking out of undergrowth.  And that explains my curiousity about how a body would decompose if on the surface of the ground in the Algarve.  No one saw unusual insect or predator behaviour around the man's corpse.

Just in case Sil - you missed my post on previouse page as we posted at same time apologies if you read it

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1669 on: May 04, 2019, 01:11:45 PM »

Grime trained the dogs so I think he knows what they do.   Investigators direct what/where to search i.e. Mark Harrison. They are trained to find the source of the scent then alert. Eddie was chasing the scent around the car park but he was not barking and alerting - he did that when he was sure on the source of the scent i.e. the hire car was the source of the scent. Keela finds human blood. The scent is how she can detect the smell even after cleaning operations.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:14:40 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1670 on: May 04, 2019, 01:14:01 PM »

Did the dogs search that  area and miss the body, or did they not search near that particular spot ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1671 on: May 04, 2019, 01:16:35 PM »
Eddie crossed a river himself to find Harron's body. Eddie found Bob Rose. Morse was young and present but Eddie found the body.

"Mr Grime told prosecutor Alex Prentice QC that one of the dogs, Eddie, who is trained to detect dead bodies, reacted when he was taken to sand dunes at Sty Wick, on June 24, last year.

He said: "I noticed a change in his behaviour. As soon as he got into the bottom of the scooped out sand dune he identified one spot.

"His normal reaction is to bark. On this occasion he started to dig, which I've never seen him do before. As soon as he started to dig I called him back."

The jury heard that a thin metal probe was then put into the spot Eddie indicated before a forensic anthropolist was called in to excavate the crime scene.

The jury was told that a body was found at the spot where Eddie had indicated." The Orcadian February 16th 2010
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:19:07 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1672 on: May 04, 2019, 01:21:16 PM »

With all that went on also burglars etc - surely the mcns would have known by then it wasn't a safe thing to do.

Or was it a safe place after all imo

I can't remember, because it wasn't significant at that time.

When we moved to Monte Lemos, right on the northern extreme, my beloved started off by insisting the drive gates were closed with every out and in trip.  A bit of a pain in the rear as the gates were manual.

They also did not lock, so anyone could have opened them.  Plus the rear boundary was a flimsy wire fence anyone could have got over or through. So after a while, we left the gates open 24/7, apart from holidays elsewhere.

Where we are now, the drive gate is also manual, also a pain.  Sometimes it gets left open.  Our neighbours are strong on advising us not to do this.  We get gypsies here.  And in Portugal gypsies are perceived as getting up to more than mischief.

We now have a car that is nearly 20 years old.  We frequently leave it unlocked.  Our thinking is that if someone is someone is so desperate that he wants an old tub, we are not going to pay for a smashed window or a forced lock.

So far, all we have suffered with the car is additional dents and scrapes inflicted in car parks, with the perpetrator making away successfully.
What's up, old man?

Offline The General

« Reply #1673 on: May 04, 2019, 01:25:54 PM »
Eddie crossed a river himself to find Harron's body. Eddie found Bob Rose. Morse was young and present but Eddie found the body.

"Mr Grime told prosecutor Alex Prentice QC that one of the dogs, Eddie, who is trained to detect dead bodies, reacted when he was taken to sand dunes at Sty Wick, on June 24, last year.

He said: "I noticed a change in his behaviour. As soon as he got into the bottom of the scooped out sand dune he identified one spot.

"His normal reaction is to bark. On this occasion he started to dig, which I've never seen him do before. As soon as he started to dig I called him back."

The jury heard that a thin metal probe was then put into the spot Eddie indicated before a forensic anthropolist was called in to excavate the crime scene.

The jury was told that a body was found at the spot where Eddie had indicated." The Orcadian February 16th 2010
So, if I understand this correctly, Eddie found a corpse under a sand dune?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Online Eleanor

« Reply #1674 on: May 04, 2019, 01:27:31 PM »

After the bloke who buried it told The Police where to look.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 01:30:39 PM by Eleanor »

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1675 on: May 04, 2019, 01:29:34 PM »
Did the dogs search that  area and miss the body, or did they not search near that particular spot ?

It's a good question.  The short answer is, I don't know.

Equally, I don't know enough about the location to state whether it was searched the first time round, or whether there were frequent passers-by.
What's up, old man?

Offline The General

« Reply #1676 on: May 04, 2019, 01:32:51 PM »
After the bloke you buried it told The Police where to look.
But surely all of these searches start with 'an area'? A baggage carousel, a car park, a bombed building, a patch of scrubland....
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #1677 on: May 04, 2019, 01:34:39 PM »

As I understand... One in six years

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #1678 on: May 04, 2019, 01:37:03 PM »
But surely all of these searches start with 'an area'? A baggage carousel, a car park, a bombed building, a patch of scrubland....

Absolutely.
What's up, old man?

Offline barrier

« Reply #1679 on: May 04, 2019, 01:38:13 PM »
After the bloke who buried it told The Police where to look.

Theres a body there now see if you can find it,so training was ongoing.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.