Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509400 times)

Offline The General

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #1890 on: May 07, 2019, 08:02:04 PM »
Wouldn’t you have to have a real nerve to walk through town carrying an uncovered dead body?  Would ‘t every braincell in your head be shrieking “cover up the body, don’t be caught with a corpse in your arms”?
Yes, it would take balls of steel.
But what's the alternative (as per the hypothetical narrative)?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1891 on: May 07, 2019, 08:09:40 PM »
Yes, it would take balls of steel.
But what's the alternative (as per the hypothetical narrative)?
Well, if dumping a body in a bin is a pretty foolproof way of getting rid of a little body then why not chuck it in a bin a bit closer rather than the other side of town?  There surely must have been one or two.  How about walking away from thr action (suh as it was) rather than towards it? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #1892 on: May 07, 2019, 08:14:09 PM »
Well, if dumping a body in a bin is a pretty foolproof way of getting rid of a little body then why not chuck it in a bin a bit closer rather than the other side of town?  There surely must have been one or two.  How about walking away from thr action (suh as it was) rather than towards it?

I would agree with that last point.
Maybe there was a specific goal, such as the church or the beach, so the risk had to be taken.
Being dropped in a bin was only one suggestion - there could be other potential hiding places.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1893 on: May 07, 2019, 08:28:22 PM »
Maybe there was a specific goal, such as the church or the beach, so the risk had to be taken.
Being dropped in a bin was only one suggestion - there could be other potential hiding places.
You have a body to hide and your immediate thought is PdL church?  Whereabouts exactly?  As for the beach, it’s dark, you don’t have a spade, there are likely to be more people en route, really??
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #1894 on: May 07, 2019, 08:33:22 PM »
You have a body to hide and your immediate thought is PdL church?  Whereabouts exactly?  As for the beach, it’s dark, you don’t have a spade, there are likely to be more people en route, really??

Desperate times, desperate measures. Who knows what the motives might be?
Both places I mentioned might have been temporary places of concealment, awaiting a further visit later to move somewhere else.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1895 on: May 07, 2019, 11:20:43 PM »
Desperate times, desperate measures. Who knows what the motives might be?
Both places I mentioned might have been temporary places of concealment, awaiting a further visit later to move somewhere else.
If the McCanns had come home to discover a corpse they were not under any time pressure to make an instant disposal.  I’m sure they could during the hours following the supposed discovery  have come up with a better plan that didn’t involve parading a corpse through the centre of a holiday resort.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1896 on: May 07, 2019, 11:22:15 PM »
Wouldn't you have to have some personal experience of covering up a body before you would know what it would do to your braincells? Doctors for instance will have more experience in dealing with corpses than the general public.
Do doctors have more experience than thr general public of getting away with hiding bodies in holiday resorts?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1897 on: May 08, 2019, 12:02:18 AM »
We don't know that yet. That includes you btw. They certainly do have more experience in handling dead bodies. Perhaps calling home to some of their medical friends would be a clue that they needed some advice.
Advice about what?  Where to hide a body in a holiday resort?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #1898 on: May 08, 2019, 12:47:56 AM »

Or perhaps he wanted to put as much distance as possible between the body and 5a ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1899 on: May 08, 2019, 12:59:50 AM »
Advice about what?  Where to hide a body in a holiday resort?

You have the beach/rocks, sewer pipes, boats, building site, deserted buildings/gardens, even bushes to temporarily hide.  You may have to go back later to better hide if you are out alone!
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1900 on: May 08, 2019, 03:00:48 AM »
You have the beach/rocks, sewer pipes, boats, building site, deserted buildings/gardens, even bushes to temporarily hide.  You may have to go back later to better hide if you are out alone!
Is that what you are suggesting actually happened?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1901 on: May 08, 2019, 07:15:39 AM »
Or perhaps he wanted to put as much distance as possible between the body and 5a ?
What difference would a few hundred yards make?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1902 on: May 08, 2019, 07:22:50 AM »
Why would you have to phone home to your medical friends for advice on any of that?  Why would you need to risk your liberty by going  back and re-hide the body when you could simply claim the abductor dunnit (Faithlilly’s theory) and where, in the middle of the night without a car or digging equipment and with the possibility that you might bump into search parties and dogs at any time, are you going to find a better hiding place?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1903 on: May 08, 2019, 07:38:06 AM »
What difference would a few hundred yards make?

Could be the difference in not finding her - in the immediate area where they were searching.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1904 on: May 08, 2019, 07:43:38 AM »

Could be the difference in not finding her - in the immediate area where they were searching.
I thought the whole of PdL was searched, not just the area around the apartment?