Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509443 times)

Offline pathfinder73

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #1920 on: May 08, 2019, 09:16:24 AM »
It's extremely unlikely, agreed. But it wouldn't stop me looking in some really unlikely places out of pure desperation - under cars, in cars, culverts, sheds, dog kennels....bins. I'd be hoping she was lost, cared out of her wits and found refuge somewhere.

A sewer pipe temporarily would be a smart choice (due to smell) if you wanted to go back and retrieve when alone.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline jassi

« Reply #1921 on: May 08, 2019, 09:17:06 AM »

I would think that scenario wouldn't work - if you didn't want the body to be connected back to you

You would need to get rid of it permanently - never to be found.

Which is exactly what has happened.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1922 on: May 08, 2019, 09:17:30 AM »
You don't need to phone anyone. In that theory, an autopsy would discover the cause and time of death. If time of death was 3 hours before she was reported missing then what do you think they would do?
So you believe Madeleine died at 7pm and the McCanns went to dinner at 8pm, leaving the body where exactly?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #1923 on: May 08, 2019, 09:18:51 AM »
In that theory, Eddie told you with his first alert.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline The General

« Reply #1924 on: May 08, 2019, 09:18:56 AM »
True - for the PJ could have been told to keep an eye on the McCanns, and I've read that they were watching Kate and Gerry doing their early morning search.  (At least some of the police saw them searching.)
  OK  She had no shoes on.  I can't see her going for miles on her own in the dark.
I did say that, to be fair, she wouldn't be walking far.
Besides, she would have been able to hear the frivolity at the Tapas Bar - pretty sure she could navigate that far.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1925 on: May 08, 2019, 09:19:42 AM »

I would think that scenario wouldn't work - if you didn't want the body to be connected back to you

You would need to get rid of it permanently - never to be found.
And how would you go about doing that at very short notice in a small holiday resort abroad, in the dark, with no transport, tools or local assistance?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1926 on: May 08, 2019, 09:20:55 AM »
IMO you’d probably need daylight to scout out a decent secondary hiding place for a body, somewhere that no one is ever going to think to look for or find, especially if you’re in unfamiliar territory, without transport, accomplices or tools.  However, with that comes massive risk of being discovered, particularly as you kicked up an almighty stink about the missing child just a few hours earlier and risk bumping into searchers at any moment.

Well if you hadn't time and needed to go back - as working to a tight schedule two places at once.

You could go back later - as you would know exactly were you were going even in the dark

A few people would be around at 10 ish but not in the early hours in the dark.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1927 on: May 08, 2019, 09:21:28 AM »
In that theory, Eddie told you with his first alert.
Where was that?  Benind the sofa?  In the cupboard?  The McCanns left their apartment unlocked and allowed their friends to go check on their kids.  Again, what a nerve! 

Offline The General

« Reply #1928 on: May 08, 2019, 09:21:59 AM »
And how would you go about doing that at very short notice in a small holiday resort abroad, in the dark, with no transport, tools or local assistance?
At very short notice too.
There are very few plausible explanations. And a few more implausible ones.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #1929 on: May 08, 2019, 09:22:28 AM »
Well if you hadn't time and needed to go back - as working to a tight schedule two places at once.

You could go back later - as you would know exactly were you were going even in the dark

A few people would be around at 10 ish but not in the early hours in the dark.
You might be able to navigate your way back to the first dumping spot, but then what?

Offline kizzy

« Reply #1930 on: May 08, 2019, 09:24:43 AM »

Ask the people who did it. after all- we don't know how much time they had could have been hours.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1931 on: May 08, 2019, 09:27:02 AM »
Which is exactly what has happened.
All you'd need was a car and drive away with the child in the boot.  Take a few back roads and there wouldn't be the manpower to set up enough roadblocks.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline barrier

« Reply #1932 on: May 08, 2019, 09:32:07 AM »
Not sure of the timing. I would be looking in bins around the area if I was searching. But only within reasonable walking distance for a 3 year old.

Dispatches 2007 say between midnight and 4am.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #1933 on: May 08, 2019, 09:36:44 AM »
I did say that, to be fair, she wouldn't be walking far.
Besides, she would have been able to hear the frivolity at the Tapas Bar - pretty sure she could navigate that far.
The problem I could see her having is opening the door at the secondary reception.  Everyone assumes that door is held open so that a child can come and go. If it was closed she would be stuck out on the footpath without a way of opening that door (the clients needed a special card to unlock it as I understand).
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline The General

« Reply #1934 on: May 08, 2019, 09:40:22 AM »
The problem I could see her having is opening the door at the secondary reception.  Everyone assumes that door is held open so that a child can come and go. If it was closed she would be stuck out on the footpath without a way of opening that door (the clients needed a special card to unlock it as I understand).
I see what you're saying, but she wouldn't just give up and try to pop back to the apartment. She'd raise hell.