Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509446 times)

Offline Erngath

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #2025 on: May 09, 2019, 01:00:29 AM »
We never go all inclusive. The meals are invariably bad....especially if you’re a pescatarian......and there is so much delicious local food to discover why would you pay for substandard meals ?

I.suppose it depends on the.quality of the hotel.
We usually holiday in Italy and sometimes it is all inclusive and sometimes not.
But invariably the food is excellent, certainly not substandard..
In fact there was one hotel in Malcesine where the food was utterly divine.
The quality of the food in Italy is  usually wonderful.
Apart from the worst pizza I have ever tasted which wasn't in a hotel but in a restaurant in Sorrento.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 01:08:06 AM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2026 on: May 09, 2019, 01:07:41 AM »
If his phone pinged near OC during the time he was travelling to, attending job at OC or returning home around the time of Madeleine's disappearance then I would have expected his phone records to be checked by any half-decent police force. That's how the suspected burglars were located.
Did they have a narrow focus - on those particular people to start with?  Look, I'm sorry but I don't know how they did this analysis.

There are so many variables.  Phones can be present or absent, on or off.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline misty

« Reply #2027 on: May 09, 2019, 01:08:43 AM »
Trouble is we can never confirm that.  Two things that we can't be sure of are:

1.  Whoever closed the door how did they leave it?  [Was it left locked, or just shut]

2.  How possible was it for a 3-4 year old to turn the door handle and open the door?  [from the photos I've seen the knob was large and round, a shape IMO would be difficult for a  child to grip onto.]

The door does not open by turning the knob, it opens by pulling the latch lever to the left. The metal knob on the door interior houses the lock for the dead-latch which is activated or deactivated by a key.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2028 on: May 09, 2019, 01:10:13 AM »
I.suppose it depends on the.quality of the hotel.
We usually holiday in Italy and sometimes it is all inclusive and sometimes not.
But invariably the food is excellent, certainly not substandard..
In fact there was one hotel in Malcesine where the food was utterly divine.
The quality of the food in Italy is  usually wonderful

Horses for courses I suppose. I prefer to eat local dishes in local restaurants when abroad...you discover so much more about the food of the region and its history.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2029 on: May 09, 2019, 01:11:34 AM »
The door does not open by turning the knob, it opens by pulling the latch lever to the left. The metal knob on the door interior houses the lock for the dead-latch which is activated or deactivated by a key.
You are thinking of the wrong door at this stage.  SIL and myself are talking about the door at the Secondary Reception.  Not the front door of the apartment 5A.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2030 on: May 09, 2019, 01:14:30 AM »
Horses for courses I suppose. I prefer to eat local dishes in local restaurants when abroad...you discover so much more about the food of the region and its history.

Yes, we do that too.
As I said we don't always go all inclusive.
Just one particular hotel in Italy apart from one in Corfu which we only visited once.
In cities like Rome, Florence, Vienna  we always have gone out for meals.
Sometimes they have been excellent, other times not.
Wouldn't say the food we had in Budapest was very good.
Perhaps just a bad choice of restaurants. 8(8-))

« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 01:39:11 AM by Erngath »
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline misty

« Reply #2031 on: May 09, 2019, 01:18:08 AM »
Did they have a narrow focus - on those particular people to start with?  Look, I'm sorry but I don't know how they did this analysis.

There are so many variables.  Phones can be present or absent, on or off.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/PJ/MOBILE_PHONE_ANALYSIS.htm

There are also various pages in the original DVD section of the PJ files. IIRC the pages covering phone analysis 9.15-10pm on 3rd May were not included in the documents released.
Any phone fitted GPS chip did not not need to be turned on for movements to be tracked. Only the user turning off the tracking device would have prevented that.

Offline misty

« Reply #2032 on: May 09, 2019, 01:23:01 AM »
You are thinking of the wrong door at this stage.  SIL and myself are talking about the door at the Secondary Reception.  Not the front door of the apartment 5A.

Apologies, I hadn't read the discussion properly.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2033 on: May 09, 2019, 01:28:53 AM »
Apologies, I hadn't read the discussion properly.
I did have a photo of the door but I'm struggling to relocate the photo show the big round door knob.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 01:36:43 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline misty

« Reply #2034 on: May 09, 2019, 01:42:19 AM »
This one which Shining took?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2035 on: May 09, 2019, 01:54:15 AM »
This one which Shining took?
The door knob has been removed!  Now if that door is closed you'd need a key to open it.  What was the situation on the night of the 3rd May 2007?
Moderation

Offline misty

« Reply #2036 on: May 09, 2019, 02:28:38 AM »
The door knob has been removed!  Now if that door is closed you'd need a key to open it.  What was the situation on the night of the 3rd May 2007?

Do you think the knob could have been a pressure sensor rather than a conventional door knob? I don't recall ever seeing a Upvc door which opens using a door knob.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2037 on: May 09, 2019, 02:52:09 AM »
Do you think the knob could have been a pressure sensor rather than a conventional door knob? I don't recall ever seeing a Upvc door which opens using a door knob.
It could be either, but all I'm trying to find out is whether the door confused Madeleine in order to open the door.  Did she try and turn the door handle when in fact it didn't turn but just required pushing.

I've seen video of a bank robber trying to open the door to the bank after robbing it, pulling on the door but it was in fact a sliding door.  Something like that that confuses a child.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2038 on: May 09, 2019, 02:55:54 AM »
https://youtu.be/cgstON22SbY   
Some doors need pulling and others need pushing!
Moderation

Offline barrier

« Reply #2039 on: May 09, 2019, 08:14:01 AM »

Wherever we stay we always go local for at least two days,Cairo was an eye opener.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.