Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509462 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #2040 on: May 09, 2019, 08:19:24 AM »
Wherever we stay we always go local for at least two days,Cairo was an eye opener.
My last break was to Germany and we ate out every night - Italian, Vietnamese, Vegan, it was great.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2041 on: May 09, 2019, 08:24:55 AM »
My last break was to Germany and we ate out every night - Italian, Vietnamese, Vegan, it was great.

Don't you find that if you do eat in one very good restaurant it is tempting just to go back often rather than try a new place.
Been to Germany a couple of times, really enjoyed it!
Not Berlin though!
Would like to visit there.
Family have been and loved that city.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline niklasericson

« Reply #2042 on: May 09, 2019, 09:15:19 AM »

Wouldn't his cell phone have pinged a different tower if he'd travelled north to Barragem da Bravura?
It's not easy to identify all the phone numbers in the files so I can't confirm or dismiss but according to his statement he was called in that evening to do a work, he was off duty this day, maybe he didn't brought his phone when he left home and this was around 20:30, how much battery was left in the phone after a day?
The cellphone batteries in 2007 wasn't top notch, you would be happy if the battery last for a entire day.
I will ask one of my contacts who have skills to trace phone numbers to a person.

Offline niklasericson

« Reply #2043 on: May 09, 2019, 11:40:41 AM »
Update.
My contact has not been able to find any phone number in
the files that are connected to this guy.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2044 on: May 09, 2019, 12:27:33 PM »

Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2045 on: May 09, 2019, 12:55:25 PM »

I'm not trying to be pedantic here, OK?

Most people think Rocha Negra is the entire cliff and cliff-top.  It isn't.  It means black rock, and refers to a volcanic lava stream from an eruption at Monchique a long, long time ago.

The bulk of that hill is a softish stone.  The cliff face often crumbles down in intense periods of rain.  Rocha Negra is made of much harder stuff and weathers any storm.

The top, the part that Kate ran to, has the trig point on it.  Close up, it is enormous, so one assumes it has foundations.  The top is also extensively cultivated.  And for further proof the top is not volcanic, look at Mark Harrison's statement.  An issue with his search was that between Madeleine's disappearance and the dog searches, a large old building had been removed.

You can see that building being removed on Google Earth, and it was indeed large.  I am trying to find its history, simply because it interests me.  However, a large building needs large foundations, and you don't do that on volcanic rock.  It was replaced by a large Boa Vista golf clubhouse.

I am not suprised Kate got it wrong, because most people do.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2046 on: May 09, 2019, 01:17:26 PM »
Update.
My contact has not been able to find any phone number in
the files that are connected to this guy.

According to his statement he was phoned twice on 3rd, ar 20.30 and 22.15. Not on the Ocean Club's main line he wasn't. Not even once on his mobile number which began with 969 and ended in 044.

https://www.mccannpjfiles.co.uk/P11/11_VOLUME_XIa_Page_3051.jpg
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2047 on: May 09, 2019, 01:23:48 PM »
According to his statement he was phoned twice on 3rd, ar 20.30 and 22.15. Not on the Ocean Club's main line he wasn't. Not even once on his mobile number which began with 969 and ended in 044.

The plot thickens.

Should I get some popcorn on the go?
What's up, old man?

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2048 on: May 09, 2019, 01:48:29 PM »
I'm not trying to be pedantic here, OK?

Most people think Rocha Negra is the entire cliff and cliff-top.  It isn't.  It means black rock, and refers to a volcanic lava stream from an eruption at Monchique a long, long time ago.

The bulk of that hill is a softish stone.  The cliff face often crumbles down in intense periods of rain.  Rocha Negra is made of much harder stuff and weathers any storm.

The top, the part that Kate ran to, has the trig point on it.  Close up, it is enormous, so one assumes it has foundations.  The top is also extensively cultivated.  And for further proof the top is not volcanic, look at Mark Harrison's statement.  An issue with his search was that between Madeleine's disappearance and the dog searches, a large old building had been removed.

You can see that building being removed on Google Earth, and it was indeed large.  I am trying to find its history, simply because it interests me.  However, a large building needs large foundations, and you don't do that on volcanic rock.  It was replaced by a large Boa Vista golf clubhouse.

I am not suprised Kate got it wrong, because most people do.

Thanks for the info. If you want to hide something you have to put it in a hard place to find i.e. the actual cliff face on Rocha Negra. The next time you go there could you please take some shots from the top looking down the cliff face. Thank you.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2049 on: May 09, 2019, 02:02:29 PM »
Thanks for the info. If you want to hide something you have to put it in a hard place to find i.e. the actual cliff face on Rocha Negra. The next time you go there could you please take some shots from the top looking down the cliff face. Thank you.

A couple of teenagers fell to their death from the top, maybe 18 months ago.  So no.

I have promised my 3 year-old grandson to see the rock pools on Luz beach, so when I get around to that promise, I will take my camera to snap some photos from the ground upwards.  I hope that will fill your request.

If one ascends Kate's likely route to the top, around half way up, there is what looks like a small, old mine-shaft.  It was fenced off the last time I saw it.  I have no idea what it looked like in 2007.
What's up, old man?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2050 on: May 09, 2019, 02:16:06 PM »
The plot thickens.

Should I get some popcorn on the go?

That's two people supposedly phoned by Helder Luis who weren't called using the offical line. Perhaps he was using a different phone. (The other one was Vitor Santos)
Result = happy posting.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2051 on: May 09, 2019, 02:43:28 PM »
That's two people supposedly phoned by Helder Luis who weren't called using the offical line. Perhaps he was using a different phone. (The other one was Vitor Santos)

OK.

I reported one 'missing' phone call from Helder to OG perhaps 2 and a half years back.

I didn't realise there were two.

Should I get more popcorn?

Mind you, my doggie is mithering me for a walkie.  And he knows how to boss me about.

&^^&*
What's up, old man?

Offline niklasericson

« Reply #2052 on: May 09, 2019, 05:18:12 PM »

Did you find his mobile number?
His phone number in the files, registered by PJ is masked but it is a 9 digit number so that should be a landline number.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2053 on: May 09, 2019, 05:56:58 PM »
Did you find his mobile number?
His phone number in the files, registered by PJ is masked but it is a 9 digit number so that should be a landline number.

I thought mobiles began with 9 and landlines with 2?
Result = happy posting.

Offline niklasericson

« Reply #2054 on: May 09, 2019, 06:09:13 PM »
I thought mobiles began with 9 and landlines with 2?
Yes, but did you find any number that belonged to him?