Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509425 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #2130 on: May 11, 2019, 06:59:52 PM »
No, it's a highly offensive ad hom.

Go on, press the delete button.

You know you want to!
That phrase isn't "highly offensive".  That can't possibly be true IMO.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2131 on: May 11, 2019, 07:01:48 PM »
Neither is “clever sausage “.  My mum used to call me a silly sausage all the time.  I suppose I should have given her a warning.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2132 on: May 11, 2019, 07:07:04 PM »

It's very definitely highly offensive.

"If you’d simply strung them up in the first instance then you’d never know if they dunnit or not, nor what became of Madeleine. I suppose that wouldn’t bother you in the slightest though.."

&%%6

You don't get a plainer, more offensive ad hom.  Truly nasty.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2133 on: May 11, 2019, 07:10:04 PM »

"If you’d simply strung them up in the first instance then you’d never know if they dunnit or not, nor what became of Madeleine. I suppose that wouldn’t bother you in the slightest though.."

&%%6

What’s nasty about it?  It’s the truth, ask Spammy. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2134 on: May 11, 2019, 07:49:22 PM »
Neither is “clever sausage “.  My mum used to call me a silly sausage all the time.  I suppose I should have given her a warning.
Are you agreeing with her?  Did you like being called a silly sausage? 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2135 on: May 11, 2019, 07:52:50 PM »
What leads you to believe they did.

Just following the case and using a huge dollop of common sense.  I believe it is ludicrous to suggest that two national police forces acting independently of each other reached virtually the same conclusion that there remained work to be done one Madeleine's case without checking out all that had gone before.

Snip
Detectives from Scotland Yard have been granted permission to review the files of Portuguese investigators for the first time.
-----------------------------------------------------
The move comes after the couple made an impassioned appeal for David Cameron, the Prime Minister, to help them revive the search for their missing daughter.

"That is simply to make sure that nothing has been missed, that there is not a vital piece of information sitting in Portugal, or in Britain, or in the private files, that linked up will suddenly unlock this.

He said the review would require "co-ordination and co-operation" from police in Portugal, which the McCanns were "pleased" to have.
"It's movement on the case," Mr Mitchell said. "Something they haven't had for four years. So yes, they will draw strength from this, if not direct hope, they will draw strength that perhaps elements of this complex equation are possibly on the verge of being opened up.
"More information will be forthcoming, and with the co-operation of the Portugeuse, hopefully it will lead to that examination of everything that they so desperately want to know."
Madeleine's parents particularly want to know what mistakes have been made in the search for their daughter, what lessons have been learned, and what information is already out there that has not yet been collated, he added.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/madeleinemccann/8511049/McCanns-draw-strength-from-Scotland-Yard-move.html

Snip
Scotland Yard says it has "new evidence and new witnesses" in the Madeleine McCann case and has opened a formal investigation into her disappearance.

Madeleine's parents, Gerry and Kate McCann, said the shift from review to investigation was "a big step forward".

Det Ch Insp Andy Redwood, who is heading what has been called Operation Grange, said: "The review has given us new thinking, new theories, new evidence and new witnesses."
His 37-strong police team is two-thirds of the way through examining 30,500 documents from files held by the Portuguese, private investigators and British police. Some fresh interviews have also taken place.
"Over the last two years what the review has told me is that there is no clear, definitive proof that Madeleine McCann is dead," Det Ch Insp Redwood said.

Detectives say Madeleine's parents, the friends the McCanns were with in Portugal and people known to the family before they went away are not suspects or people they need to investigate.

The former head of the National Police Improvement Agency Peter Neyroud said it was a difficult investigation because it involved two countries, possibly more.
"It was always going to be an expensive inquiry and it is a fine judgement as to how far you go on but if, as appears, there are fresh lines of inquiry and a case worth pursuing, there is a young lady out there who deserves to be reunited with her parents - or a murder case that deserves to be pursued."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23179230
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2136 on: May 11, 2019, 07:53:33 PM »
thers one guest reading this thraed

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #2137 on: May 11, 2019, 07:56:21 PM »

There are 99 Guests reading this Board.  And I can't say that I am surprised.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2138 on: May 11, 2019, 08:02:30 PM »
There are 99 Guests reading this Board.  And I can't say that I am surprised.

I dont beleive there are...are they all stuck on the index page...if we look at each topic there are very few

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2139 on: May 11, 2019, 08:05:48 PM »

&%%6

IMO "I suppose that wouldn’t bother you in the slightest though.." is making a presumption about another poster.  Now that presumption could well be offensive.

I'll have to look at thew rules regarding presumptions about other posters.

"Like is it acceptable to say I presume you'll act child-like and behave like a silly sausage and I suppose that wouldn’t bother you in the slightest."
Moderation

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2140 on: May 11, 2019, 08:18:13 PM »
IMO "I suppose that wouldn’t bother you in the slightest though.." is making a presumption about another poster.  Now that presumption could well be offensive.

I'll have to look at thew rules regarding presumptions about other posters.

"Like is it acceptable to say I presume you'll act child-like and behave like a silly sausage and I suppose that wouldn’t bother you in the slightest."

Please take into consideration the following.

"Silly sausage" is a gentle term of endearment that I would happily use to my grandchildren, without meaning any offence.  "Numpty" is another one, as in "Are you OK you numpty?" after a child falls over.

Us oldies use both of these wrt our dog.  It is said softly, with a gentle tone, to show that we care.
What's up, old man?

Offline niklasericson

« Reply #2141 on: May 11, 2019, 09:29:33 PM »
I think Maddie is almost certainly dead....whats important is to find out what happened to her and bring the perpertrator to justice...I trust SY is the best option fot that
After 9 years of research an thousands of hours I'am about to write my report about what happened to her that week in Praia da Luz.
The conditions for the report is based on what the witnesses and other involved stated to the PJ back in 2007/08.
I will write it in Swedish and hand it over to the Swedish Professor of criminology, Leif GW Persson.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2142 on: May 11, 2019, 09:33:30 PM »
After 9 years of research an thousands of hours I'am about to write my report about what happened to her that week in Praia da Luz.
The conditions for the report is based on what the witnesses and other involved stated to the PJ back in 2007/08.
I will write it in Swedish and hand it over to the Swedish Professor of criminology, Leif GW Persson.

the problem is...as you have not understood the evidence..same as amaral....pat brown....your report will be fatally flawed...i can guarantee that

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2143 on: May 11, 2019, 09:38:23 PM »
Be sure to include that the child's father and his best friend gave the police two completely different versions of the last time they seen the child alive in the conclusions of your report. That's if you want it to be accepted imo.

thats not fact... the way the statements were taken was woefully indequate...that is a fact

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2144 on: May 11, 2019, 09:43:14 PM »
They do say that they both told police two completely different versions of the last time they allege they seen the missing child alive, that's an even more important fact in the scheme of established facts imo.

who says...thats important...i an interested in the truth..i may start a forum where everyone has an equal voice