Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509421 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #2220 on: May 13, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »

The reason I thought it was funny - was because if D said that.

It would explain the obsession he has of kmcn  - being innocent IMO

But D didn't say that... It's a crackpot idea

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2221 on: May 13, 2019, 01:35:08 PM »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shock-claims-maddie-mccann-taken-15610176?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mirror_main&fbclid=IwAR2w-pvvLGlXWWSgfUdpxW5s3Cuw_Dqmr7oFmd8TAXztCFI3FiBPZV8TtHM

Shock claims Maddie McCann 'taken by paedophile who knew the family'

Ex-detective Goncalo Amaral - who led the police investigation into the 2007 Praia de Luz disappearance - detailed the possible line of inquiry on an Australian podcast

ByLucy Clarke-BillingsDeputy News Editor

12:30, 13 MAY 2019Updated12:33, 13 MAY 2019

Madeleine McCann could have been snatched by a paedophile who became close to her family without their knowledge, according to one line of inquiry.

Ex-detective Goncalo Amaral, who led the police investigation into the 2007 Praia de Luz disappearance, detailed the probe while speaking to Australian podcast Maddie.

He said one potential line of inquiry at the time involved the possibility of an international paedophile ring that may have had links to people close to the McCann family, without their knowledge.

He also claimed some statements which may have been relevant to that line of inquiry were initially withheld by British police, who at the time were working in tandem with the Portuguese.

"The British authorities tried to conceal the statement and nothing was done about this statement," Mr Amaral claimed.

"They were not followed up. Nobody investigated anything related to them."
Gerry and Kate McCann, pictured with their children, were oblivious, according to the line of inquiry

There is no suggestion that Maddie's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, were involved in their daughter's disappearance.

Mirror Online has approached the Met Police for comment in regards to Mr Amaral's claims.

It emerged last week that a German child murderer is believed to be a new suspect.

Investigations are being linked to Martin Ney, 48, who is serving life in prison for killing three children.

Known as the “Masked Man”, he closely resembles a photofit of a man said to have been seen with a child in his arms shortly after Madeleine, three, vanished.

And evidence is said to place Ney – now serving life in his native Germany – in the Algarve when the youngster disappeared in May 2007.
Maddie's disappearance could be linked to an international paedophile ring, according to an ex-detective (Image: Kate and Gerry McCann)

Ney, originally from Hamburg, targeted children on holiday – entering their tents or villas wearing a mask and armed with a weapon.

He was first identified by Scotland Yard as a possible suspect by investigators working for the McCanns in 2011 – but Berlin police chiefs then ruled out involvement, saying he was only interested in boys.

Ney was working for an evangelical church on a project for the homeless in Portugal at the time Madeleine vanished.

But he told investigators he did not commit any murders there and denied any involvement in her disappearance.

The former youth worker was convicted in 2011 of killing three boys and was sentenced to 27 years.
Maddie vanished from the holiday resort of Praia da Luz in Portugal (Image: PA)

His victims, killed between 1992 and 2001, were Stefan Jahrd, 13, Dennis Rostel, eight, and Dennis Kleinfrom, nine.

He was also quizzed over the disappearance of German boy Renee Hasse in Aljezur, Portugal, in 1996, but never charged.

Scotland Yard and Portugal’s Policia Judiciaria have kept the new suspect’s name closely guarded, but Mr Amaral claims he has knowledge a German is being investigated.

He refused to identify Ney by name, but says a German suspect was quizzed by PJ detectives as part of their 2008 probe.

Mr Amaral said he was ruled out of the investigation but jailed in his home country for offences “unconnected” to the Madeleine case.

And he may not be the only suspect in the frame.
Investigations are being linked to Martin Ney who is serving life in prison for killing three children
In 2015 it was reported British police were “closely following” a second German child killer suspected of murdering a schoolgirl. It is not known what the outcome of the probe was.

Mr Amaral said he believes British police will close the case by making a German suspect their “scapegoat”.

He claimed: “They are preparing the end of the investigation, with a German paedophile who is in prison right now.”

There are also fears Ney may have been part of a paedophile ring operating on the Algarve around the time Madeleine vanished.

Another pervert with links to Germany, British man Raymond Hewlett, was living an hour’s drive from Praia da Luz at the time.

A British couple gave police information that the 64-year-old had told them he spoke to gypsies who were interested in buying youngsters.

They claimed he also boasted of making a “good business trip” with his family to Morocco to make a mystery “sale”.

The pervert was living with his wife and children on a Portuguese campsite when Madeleine disappeared.

Hewlett later moved to Germany and refused to answer questions when confronted by private detectives hired by the McCanns.

But he reportedly wrote to his estranged son saying Madeleine had been “stolen to order” by a gypsy gang.

Hewlett, who was jailed several times for sexually assaulting young girls, died from throat cancer in 2010.

The Policia Judiciaria and Scotland Yard have both refused to comment.

Amaral is being accused of saying things he didn't say, I see.

"He said one potential line of inquiry at the time involved the possibility of an international paedophile ring that may have had links to people close to the McCann family, without their knowledge."
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #2222 on: May 13, 2019, 01:35:15 PM »
Please don't post personal information on discussion boards re NHS or similar.

good advice its no ones concern

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2223 on: May 13, 2019, 01:45:12 PM »

good advice its no ones concern

It's the concern of UK taxpayers

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2224 on: May 13, 2019, 01:47:52 PM »
I can give you a cite ... and not from a red top either ... that the remains of five children were found in the former children's home at Haute de la Garenne in Jersey.

It quite simply is not true.  It merely reflects the misinformation passed directly and openly from the police to the media which coming from such an impeccable source engendered the press hysteria of the time.
It was all unfounded.

Even children who are in care have people who love and care for them.  Local authorities keep records of children in care.  Not one child resident in Haute de la Garenne is unaccounted for let alone five.

Did you miss the word TESTS?

"we subjected Martin and his dogs to many ‘verifying’ tests, from burying swabs in sand (which he always found no matter how large an area), to minute blood stains"
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2225 on: May 13, 2019, 01:48:51 PM »
If anyone wants to discuss which NHS services are available to expats then please feel free to open a new thread in the off topic board.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Brietta

« Reply #2226 on: May 13, 2019, 01:49:35 PM »
My apologies for being tardy.  I was knackered when I first read it, and I considered it was prudent to go to sleep and return to your question later.

Everyone in Portugal gets a mandatory training in English of 8 years at school.  Then they can choose an alternative language if they wish, though most stick to learning English.

Nurses and emergency medical staff get further training in English.  I presume this covers learning medical jargon.

There are some front desk staff in Portuguese health centres who will tell you unless you speak Portuguese, you won't be served.  The likely reason for this is as follows.  Some years ago, when Portugal 'went broke', the rescuers imposed tighter financial constraints.  One of those was a change to get many people off social benefits and into work, typically on minimum wages.  Among those, there is a resentment that 'rich' foreigners are getting treatment at Portugal's expense.

Oddly enough, that attitude exists elsewhere.  My wife frequented a particular café, and over the period put a fair bit of money in the till.  And she tips generously.  One day the old lady who owns the cafe came out to serve.  She was too old to have gone through the compulsory 8 years English at school.  My wife requested, very civilly, her son, who speaks high quality English.  The old lady refused, and insisted my wife must speak in Portuguese.  It was an odd attitude, because that café was popular with French and German patrons.  My wife got up and left, found an alternative cafe, and has never been back since.

Moving on to my wife's medical condition, I have very limited personal experience of whatever equivalent there is to the NHS, thank goodness.  But as my wife's condition got progressively more painful, we did a bit of research on the options. 

It seems there is a centre in Faro that does this type of surgery, but it is rated as so-so.  The go to option is a man in Lisbon, who is rated as world class.  That would mean being stuck alone for about a week.  The alternative was back in Inglaterra, with a high quality surgeon, and it is very close to one branch of her family, and his children.  So she picked that option.

Just to head any potential Indians off at the pass, it is being done on private insurance, not the NHS.

That attitude happened in South Africa regarding Afrikaans ... I don't know if it still prevails.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2227 on: May 13, 2019, 01:50:14 PM »
If anyone wants to discuss which NHS services are available to expats then please feel free to open a new thread in the off topic board.

Thanks... I will

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2228 on: May 13, 2019, 01:58:50 PM »
But D didn't say that... It's a crackpot idea

No worries - it has been deleted anyway.

well, my actual post has.

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2229 on: May 13, 2019, 01:59:13 PM »
Amaral is being accused of saying things he didn't say, I see.

"He said one potential line of inquiry at the time involved the possibility of an international paedophile ring that may have had links to people close to the McCann family, without their knowledge."

Amaral is talking about the person who was accused in a certain statement that arrived at the PJ after he left the case.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2230 on: May 13, 2019, 02:07:21 PM »
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shock-claims-maddie-mccann-taken-15610176?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=mirror_main&fbclid=IwAR2w-pvvLGlXWWSgfUdpxW5s3Cuw_Dqmr7oFmd8TAXztCFI3FiBPZV8TtHM

Shock claims Maddie McCann 'taken by paedophile who knew the family'

Ex-detective Goncalo Amaral - who led the police investigation into the 2007 Praia de Luz disappearance - detailed the possible line of inquiry on an Australian podcast

ByLucy Clarke-BillingsDeputy News Editor

12:30, 13 MAY 2019Updated12:33, 13 MAY 2019

Madeleine McCann could have been snatched by a paedophile who became close to her family without their knowledge, according to one line of inquiry.

Ex-detective Goncalo Amaral, who led the police investigation into the 2007 Praia de Luz disappearance, detailed the probe while speaking to Australian podcast Maddie.

He said one potential line of inquiry at the time involved the possibility of an international paedophile ring that may have had links to people close to the McCann family, without their knowledge.

He also claimed some statements which may have been relevant to that line of inquiry were initially withheld by British police, who at the time were working in tandem with the Portuguese.

"The British authorities tried to conceal the statement and nothing was done about this statement," Mr Amaral claimed.

"They were not followed up. Nobody investigated anything related to them."
Gerry and Kate McCann, pictured with their children, were oblivious, according to the line of inquiry

There is no suggestion that Maddie's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, were involved in their daughter's disappearance.

Mirror Online has approached the Met Police for comment in regards to Mr Amaral's claims.

It emerged last week that a German child murderer is believed to be a new suspect.

Investigations are being linked to Martin Ney, 48, who is serving life in prison for killing three children.

Known as the “Masked Man”, he closely resembles a photofit of a man said to have been seen with a child in his arms shortly after Madeleine, three, vanished.

And evidence is said to place Ney – now serving life in his native Germany – in the Algarve when the youngster disappeared in May 2007.
Maddie's disappearance could be linked to an international paedophile ring, according to an ex-detective (Image: Kate and Gerry McCann)

Ney, originally from Hamburg, targeted children on holiday – entering their tents or villas wearing a mask and armed with a weapon.

He was first identified by Scotland Yard as a possible suspect by investigators working for the McCanns in 2011 – but Berlin police chiefs then ruled out involvement, saying he was only interested in boys.

Ney was working for an evangelical church on a project for the homeless in Portugal at the time Madeleine vanished.

But he told investigators he did not commit any murders there and denied any involvement in her disappearance.

The former youth worker was convicted in 2011 of killing three boys and was sentenced to 27 years.
Maddie vanished from the holiday resort of Praia da Luz in Portugal (Image: PA)

His victims, killed between 1992 and 2001, were Stefan Jahrd, 13, Dennis Rostel, eight, and Dennis Kleinfrom, nine.

He was also quizzed over the disappearance of German boy Renee Hasse in Aljezur, Portugal, in 1996, but never charged.

Scotland Yard and Portugal’s Policia Judiciaria have kept the new suspect’s name closely guarded, but Mr Amaral claims he has knowledge a German is being investigated.

He refused to identify Ney by name, but says a German suspect was quizzed by PJ detectives as part of their 2008 probe.

Mr Amaral said he was ruled out of the investigation but jailed in his home country for offences “unconnected” to the Madeleine case.

And he may not be the only suspect in the frame.
Investigations are being linked to Martin Ney who is serving life in prison for killing three children
In 2015 it was reported British police were “closely following” a second German child killer suspected of murdering a schoolgirl. It is not known what the outcome of the probe was.

Mr Amaral said he believes British police will close the case by making a German suspect their “scapegoat”.

He claimed: “They are preparing the end of the investigation, with a German paedophile who is in prison right now.”

There are also fears Ney may have been part of a paedophile ring operating on the Algarve around the time Madeleine vanished.

Another pervert with links to Germany, British man Raymond Hewlett, was living an hour’s drive from Praia da Luz at the time.

A British couple gave police information that the 64-year-old had told them he spoke to gypsies who were interested in buying youngsters.

They claimed he also boasted of making a “good business trip” with his family to Morocco to make a mystery “sale”.

The pervert was living with his wife and children on a Portuguese campsite when Madeleine disappeared.

Hewlett later moved to Germany and refused to answer questions when confronted by private detectives hired by the McCanns.

But he reportedly wrote to his estranged son saying Madeleine had been “stolen to order” by a gypsy gang.

Hewlett, who was jailed several times for sexually assaulting young girls, died from throat cancer in 2010.

The Policia Judiciaria and Scotland Yard have both refused to comment.

Why do they seem to always put this now - When they're not suggesting they are.

Seems a bit odd to me - just lately seems to be in most of the stories by MSM

« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 02:09:25 PM by kizzy »

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #2231 on: May 13, 2019, 02:54:27 PM »

They were involved to the extent that they enabled it.  Had they practised good childcare then we wouldn't be here discussing this some 12 years later.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline kizzy

« Reply #2232 on: May 13, 2019, 03:26:57 PM »
They were involved to the extent that they enabled it.  Had they practised good childcare then we wouldn't be here discussing this some 12 years later.

Yes, I know that - couldn't agree more.

What puzzles me is why do MSM - all of a sudden in most stories put

When they are not suggesting they are - what is the reason behind it.

IIRC they were not suspects - before being made arguidos

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2233 on: May 13, 2019, 03:29:34 PM »

Yes, I know that - couldn't agree more.

What puzzles me is why do MSM - all of a sudden in most stories put

When they are not suggesting they are - what is the reason behind it.

IIRC they were not suspects - before being made arguidos

Because most of these stories are originating from the podcast... Which repeats this mantra several times

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #2234 on: May 13, 2019, 05:37:07 PM »
Amaral is talking about the person who was accused in a certain statement that arrived at the PJ after he left the case.

He is being quoted as saying words in the podcast. I don'r recall hearing him say those words.   
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0