Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509404 times)

Offline Angelo222

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #2235 on: May 13, 2019, 05:48:01 PM »

Yes, I know that - couldn't agree more.

What puzzles me is why do MSM - all of a sudden in most stories put

There is no suggestion that Maddie's parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, were involved in their daughter's disappearance.

When they are not suggesting they are - what is the reason behind it.

IIRC they were not suspects - before being made arguidos

It's a legal rider added to articles by the MSM in order to avoid being sued by this litigious couple.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2236 on: May 13, 2019, 05:53:40 PM »
It's a legal rider added to articles by the MSM in order to avoid being sued by this litigious couple.

Just why have the mccanns been able to silence people.... Do you think it's govt protection... The masons

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2237 on: May 13, 2019, 06:07:48 PM »
It only works if there actually IS no suggestion that they were involved in Madeleine’s disappearance.  I take it there isn’t the remotest suggestion of this in any of these podcasts then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2238 on: May 13, 2019, 06:29:34 PM »
Just why have the mccanns been able to silence people.... Do you think it's govt protection... The masons

Access to a large fund to pay for litigation would be my guess.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2239 on: May 13, 2019, 06:31:40 PM »
Access to a large fund to pay for litigation would be my guess.

How much have they paid CR... I bet there's, a queue who would represent  them free of charge knowing they can easily recover their costs

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2240 on: May 13, 2019, 06:40:27 PM »
How much have they paid CR... I bet there's, a queue who would represent  them free of charge knowing they can easily recover their costs

A retainer was paid to CR from the fund, a fact that Adam Tudor admitted at the select committee. It is free to the parents but not to the fund set up to find their daughter.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2241 on: May 13, 2019, 06:43:43 PM »
A retainer was paid to CR from the fund, a fact that Adam Tudor admitted at the select committee. It is free to the parents but not to the fund set up to find their daughter.

weve been through all this before..CR take the case knowing they will win.....its that simple

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2242 on: May 13, 2019, 06:57:29 PM »
Thanks... I will
Did you do it?  What is the link to the thread?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2243 on: May 13, 2019, 07:04:26 PM »
weve been through all this before..CR take the case knowing they will win.....its that simple

CR are paid a retainer....definition.... an amount of money that you pay to someone so as to be sure that that person can work for you when you need them.

Mr Tudor: Yes. My partners and I talked about it. We have a committee of partners that looks at whether or not a case is on a no win, no fee basis, as you probably heard from my partner, Mark Thompson. We did that with Kate and Gerry's case. It was a longer, more difficult discussion than would ordinarily be the case because of the extraordinary nature, volume and so on. We sent the complaints to The Express and The Star, at which point we were acting on a normal retainer. We indicated to Kate and Gerry and we told The Express and The Star at that time that if the matter was not resolved we would indeed go on to a no win, no fee arrangement.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 07:07:34 PM by Faithlilly »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2244 on: May 13, 2019, 07:20:10 PM »
CR are paid a retainer....definition.... an amount of money that you pay to someone so as to be sure that that person can work for you when you need them.

Mr Tudor: Yes. My partners and I talked about it. We have a committee of partners that looks at whether or not a case is on a no win, no fee basis, as you probably heard from my partner, Mark Thompson. We did that with Kate and Gerry's case. It was a longer, more difficult discussion than would ordinarily be the case because of the extraordinary nature, volume and so on. We sent the complaints to The Express and The Star, at which point we were acting on a normal retainer. We indicated to Kate and Gerry and we told The Express and The Star at that time that if the matter was not resolved we would indeed go on to a no win, no fee arrangement.

How much... If anything were they paying for their retainer... As I said any action would be no win no fee

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2245 on: May 13, 2019, 07:33:43 PM »
How much... If anything were they paying for their retainer... As I said any action would be no win no fee

A cease and desist letter would not be covered by a CFA and CR have sent a few of them over the years....Pamalam comes to mind and Amazon in relation to Pat Brown’s ebook.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2246 on: May 13, 2019, 07:37:56 PM »
A cease and desist letter would not be covered by a CFA and CR have sent a few of them over the years....Pamalam comes to mind and Amazon in relation to Pat Brown’s ebook.

so how much if anything were the mccanns paying CR...you havent got a clue have you...I bet CR wishes ithad another 100 clients like the mccanns...with the amount of lies that was  being told about them

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2247 on: May 13, 2019, 07:46:58 PM »
so how much if anything were the mccanns paying CR...you havent got a clue have you...I bet CR wishes ithad another 100 clients like the mccanns...with the amount of lies that was  being told about them

I’m sure CR do wish that they had another 100 clients like the parents.....all that money from the fund. I’ll bet they’re cockahoop.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2248 on: May 13, 2019, 07:48:58 PM »
I’m sure CR do wish that they had another 100 clients like the parents.....all that money from the fund. I’ll bet they’re cockahoop.

i think you will find they are way ahead net contributers to the fund...god bless them

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #2249 on: May 13, 2019, 07:50:59 PM »
Do you believe the McCanns are Carter Ruck’s most lucrative clients?  @)(++(*
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly