Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509453 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #2280 on: May 14, 2019, 09:35:24 AM »
eddie alerts to dried blood from a living person as well...you are wrong to differentiate the reaction of the two dogs to blood...eddis alerts to cadaver odour and dried blood from a living person
I think it is you who is wrong.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #2281 on: May 14, 2019, 09:37:10 AM »
The difference you are talking about is dried blood and decomposed blood.  If blood dries before it decomposes it will smell like dried blood (Keela alerts to dried blood) but if it decomposes before it dries a cadaver dog will detect it (Eddie alerts to cadaver odour).

Blood always dries before it decomposes, if in fact it decomposes at all.

Eddie also alerted to Blood.

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2282 on: May 14, 2019, 09:38:27 AM »
I might agree with you about the blood but I said "in a situation of a past presence of a cadaver ...."  The body (the cadaver) would have a different set of factors compared to decomposing blood IMO.

Davel is trying to say that when blood decomposed it would not produce cadaverine.  That is his problem, for we don't know what chemicals a dog recognises when they alert to a cadaver.  Would a cadaver dog recognise decomposed blood.  I imagine that would depend on the training it got.

To be honest, I don't really care.  And here's why.

If you research cadaver decomposition, it normally goes through 5 stages.  Each of these stages gives off a different set of volatile organic compounds.  Or to put it more simply, a different smell.

I have little idea what Eddie was trained on / tested on.  Ditto Keela.

I know that Eddie would alert to blood.  Cite already provided.

From research, it appears that a decomposing chicken produces the VOCs closest to human decomposition.

My cadaver dog, Gonçalo, has alerted to two cadavers, neither of them a chicken.

Should I get one of our neighbours chickens to test him?
What's up, old man?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2283 on: May 14, 2019, 09:38:38 AM »
eddie alerts to dried blood from a living person as well...you are wrong to differentiate the reaction of the two dogs to blood...eddis alerts to cadaver odour and dried blood from a living person

As I said "The difference you are talking about is dried blood and decomposed blood.  If blood dries before it decomposes it will smell like dried blood (Keela alerts to dried blood) but if it decomposes before it dries a cadaver dog will detect it (Eddie alerts to cadaver odour)."  When it is based on just blood the victim could be alive or dead.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2284 on: May 14, 2019, 09:38:48 AM »
I think it is you who is wrong.

I'm absolutely not... Eddie alerts to dried blood from a living person.. It's you that is wrong

Offline John

« Reply #2285 on: May 14, 2019, 09:39:03 AM »

I haven't been following this discussion but wasn't that why Eddie alerted to Gerry's dried blood on the hire car key fob? 
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #2286 on: May 14, 2019, 09:41:17 AM »
I haven't been following this discussion but wasn't that why Eddie alerted to Gerry's dried blood on the hire car key fob?

where was  gerry bleeding  from that his blood  went on the hire car key  fob??

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2287 on: May 14, 2019, 09:42:01 AM »

of course...dried blood from a living person

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2288 on: May 14, 2019, 09:42:39 AM »

If you research cadaver decomposition, it normally goes through 5 stages.  Each of these stages gives off a different set of volatile organic compounds.  Or to put it more simply, a different smell.

From research, it appears that a decomposing chicken produces the VOCs closest to human decomposition.

My cadaver dog, Gonçalo, has alerted to two cadavers, neither of them a chicken.

I think you would be better off with decomposed piglets.
Pig farmers would have these lying around.
Moderation

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2289 on: May 14, 2019, 09:43:13 AM »
no it doesnt ,...wrong again...teh dogs can detect the tiniest amount of blood

Like a graze boarding the flight to Faro?   &%%6
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2290 on: May 14, 2019, 09:44:05 AM »

f you dont care about the accuracy of your posts then please dont object when they are challenged......the window for cadaver odour production was not 4 months as you claimed...why dont you graciously accept you are wrong

Offline carlymichelle

« Reply #2291 on: May 14, 2019, 09:44:23 AM »

didnt maddie fall over  on airplane steps theres a video of  it  she scraped her leg??

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2292 on: May 14, 2019, 09:45:17 AM »

this has been raised before... there would be small amounts of blood everywhere...but NOT cadaver odour as you have claimed

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2293 on: May 14, 2019, 09:45:49 AM »
I'm absolutely not... Eddie alerts to dried blood from a living person.. It's you that is wrong
I think we will have to ask Martin Grime.
Moderation

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2294 on: May 14, 2019, 09:46:58 AM »
The difference you are talking about is dried blood and decomposed blood.  If blood dries before it decomposes it will smell like dried blood (Keela alerts to dried blood) but if it decomposes before it dries a cadaver dog will detect it (Eddie alerts to cadaver odour).

At last, some sanity in Bedlam.

All it takes is dried blood.
What's up, old man?