Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509452 times)

Offline Lace

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #2640 on: May 17, 2019, 01:33:31 PM »
If the statements weren't correct the only people to blame are the witnesses who signed them. The suggestion that Gerry McCann listened to his statement being read back to him and failed to notice that it said he entered by the main door using his key is, imo, ridiculous. Therefore I disagree with you and see no reason to suppose that he said something else.

You must take into account the mental state these people were in.    It is hardly surprising that there was confusion.  If there was a sinister reason as to why Gerry said what he said,  then you would think that he and Kate would have got their stories right wouldn't you?   After all they had all night to concoct them.  IMO

Offline Lace

« Reply #2641 on: May 17, 2019, 01:36:46 PM »
it means all statements taken and translated may contain...and almost certainly do contain...mistakes..and its about time sceptics woke up to that fact...imo

I beleive theres one by a nannny which showed she walked to Lagos and back in 30 mins...obviously a translation error

Some sadly just jump on these mistakes to point the finger at the McCann's branding them liars, when there is a perfectly innocent reason for the mistakes.  IMO

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2642 on: May 17, 2019, 01:40:03 PM »
Some sadly just jump on these mistakes to point the finger at the McCann's branding them liars, when there is a perfectly innocent reason for the mistakes.  IMO

the problem for the sceptics is the inconsitencies are their main evidence against the mccanns ...they cannot bear to accept there amy be an innocent explanation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #2643 on: May 17, 2019, 01:42:24 PM »
Inconsistencies in the statements given by the McCanns and the group of friends who were dining with them at the time of Madeleine's disappearance may have been caused by errors in translation, it emerged today.
Portuguese detectives investigating the case of the missing four-year-old have admitted that they are reassessing the original witness statements to look for inaccuracies in their translation

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1569143/Madeleine-McCann-Possible-translation-errors.html

The admission came as police undertake a thorough review of the case under the new head of the inquiry, Portugal's second most senior policeman Paulo Rebelo, 45.

how many times do I need to post the same cites

OK would they have left those errors in the statements.

it means all statements taken and translated may contain...and almost certainly do contain...mistakes..and its about time sceptics woke up to that fact...imo

I beleive theres one by a nannny which showed she walked to Lagos and back in 30 mins...obviously a translation error
But then is it true we can't tell which part is a mistake. Which then implies every part of a statement is potentially affected by translation errors.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2644 on: May 17, 2019, 01:44:57 PM »
OK would they have left those errors in the statements.

But then is it true we can't tell which part is a mistake. Which then implies every part of a statement is potentially affected by translation errors.

the mccanns made new statements to Control risks which were given to the police...

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #2645 on: May 17, 2019, 01:45:06 PM »
Gerry being Smithman does not fit with the evidence given by the witnesses at the time.

His statement of Kate returning to the table at around 22:15 does not fit with anyone else. Gerry was still at the table at 22:15 - I wonder why LOL.

FP said Kate left as early as 21:45. Matt 21:50. Kate was not gone long on her check according to the witnesses but according to Gerry she was gone for 10 minutes then reveals a much later time that does not fit!
« Last Edit: May 17, 2019, 01:56:48 PM by pathfinder73 »
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #2646 on: May 17, 2019, 01:46:06 PM »
I find it illuminating that Saunokonoko didn’t use modern communication methods to actually communicate one to one with Martin Grime and allow his voice to be heard in his podcast.

Paraphrasing what Martin Grime said in an email is hardly state of the art is it?  For all we know Saunokonoko could have been receiving a brush off and was told to read the files.  Which he obviously did while putting his own spin on it as so many do.

It really doesn’t alter the fact that things have moved on way beyond the dogs and way beyond 2007 when the forensics didn’t match the expectation the PJ had of the dogs which were thus an irrelevance then and even more of an irrelevance today.

Scotland Yard and the Judicial police are presently following evidence which I don’t think will owe much if anything to Eddie and Keela because nothing except sceptic hopes and dreams for great disaster to befall Madeleine's family has stood still for the past twelve years.

I've had a quick glance at Saunokonoko's twitter feed and boy oh boy plus c'est la même chose still rules  *&^^&

Are you accusing Saunokonoko of lying Brietta because that is clearly libel.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2647 on: May 17, 2019, 02:01:36 PM »
I think its i disgrace a journalist should emply such censorship to his twitter feed....he wants the freedom of speech but wishes to deny it to those who disagree with him

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2648 on: May 17, 2019, 02:03:09 PM »
Therefore he is acting as a propagandist for his rather limited point of view and in light of what Sil has to say ... for the benefit of none but himself.

I guess I need to post a screen capture of the places across the world where my blog has been viewed.

I put out information.  My 'style' is to take a small topic, and publish what I have found.  It is then entirely over to readers to decide what is correct and what is not.

Let me give you a small example of what I mean by this.

I have just been reading a lengthy article on CMOMM by Peter MacLeod about which journalist first turned up on the site of 5A when the news broke about Madeleine's disappearance.

Petermac made at least 3 mistakes.  Twice he writes that the McCann's went from 5A to 5H (the Paynes) and then to 5G.  That was Pamela Fenn's home and they did not go there.  They went to 4G, and 4G has a tale of its own.

I don't see Mr MacLeod's errors as significant or malicious.

The central point proposed by Mr MacLeod was that a Spanish free newspaper called The Olive Press claimed to have had a staff member at 5A first, plus numerous other claims.  All of them false.

Broadly speaking, I agree with Mr MacLeod's assertions.

Mark Saunokonoko is entitled to make money from his job.  That is how jobs work.

A little while back, I researched podcast technology, to see if I could add some to my blog.  It turned out to be a lot more difficult than I thought.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2649 on: May 17, 2019, 02:07:30 PM »
I guess I need to post a screen capture of the places across the world where my blog has been viewed.

I put out information.  My 'style' is to take a small topic, and publish what I have found.  It is then entirely over to readers to decide what is correct and what is not.

Let me give you a small example of what I mean by this.

I have just been reading a lengthy article on CMOMM by Peter MacLeod about which journalist first turned up on the site of 5A when the news broke about Madeleine's disappearance.

Petermac made at least 3 mistakes.  Twice he writes that the McCann's went from 5A to 5H (the Paynes) and then to 5G.  That was Pamela Fenn's home and they did not go there.  They went to 4G, and 4G has a tale of its own.

I don't see Mr MacLeod's errors as significant or malicious.

The central point proposed by Mr MacLeod was that a Spanish free newspaper called The Olive Press claimed to have had a staff member at 5A first, plus numerous other claims.  All of them false.

Broadly speaking, I agree with Mr MacLeod's assertions.

Mark Saunokonoko is entitled to make money from his job.  That is how jobs work.

A little while back, I researched podcast technology, to see if I could add some to my blog.  It turned out to be a lot more difficult than I thought.

macleod gets quiye a few imprtant things wrong...but then again...police arent always the brightest

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2650 on: May 17, 2019, 02:11:28 PM »
You don't know what was read back to him... There is no record.... The blame lies with the PJ using a thirld world method of recording statements IMO that would not be acceptable to the UK police

A statement recorded in Portugal has to apply to the law applicable in Portugal, not to the UK police.

I've been through the process twice in Madrid and once in the UK.

All 3 were hand written.

It's the differences that are interesting.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2651 on: May 17, 2019, 02:35:50 PM »
A statement recorded in Portugal has to apply to the law applicable in Portugal, not to the UK police.

I've been through the process twice in Madrid and once in the UK.

All 3 were hand written.

It's the differences that are interesting.
what you are saying is obvious....Im saying that the portuguese system would not be acceptable in the UK..

Ive just been through one in the uk...its typed....so in madrid was it handwritten in english...or did you sign a spanish statement

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2652 on: May 17, 2019, 02:46:59 PM »
what you are saying is obvious....Im saying that the portuguese system would not be acceptable in the UK..

Ive just been through one in the uk...its typed....so in madrid was it handwritten in english...or did you sign a spanish statement

All 3 were handwritten.

We signed all 3.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #2653 on: May 17, 2019, 03:03:16 PM »
All 3 were handwritten.

We signed all 3.

in what language

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #2654 on: May 17, 2019, 03:13:59 PM »
in what language

2 in Spanish, because we both speak Spanish.  That's the language Spain uses for its statements.

You are heading for a huge elephant trap.  Might be time to turn around, just a thought.

The incident in English was handwritten in English, because English is the language used in the English legal system.

It just doesn't get simpler.

What was your report taken in?  Welsh?  Greek?  Klingon?
What's up, old man?