Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509403 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3225 on: May 21, 2019, 08:43:08 PM »
You really don't know that do you ... wasn't it only after Rebelo took over the case that there was any movement made to request the Gaspar statements from Leicestershire police?  How did they know what to ask for?  Had it got mislaid in the chaos I believe Amaral left behind?

Yup.  How did The PJ know about these statements?

Was there not a statement from a leading Policeman to the effect that all statements had been supplied to The PJ.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3226 on: May 21, 2019, 09:03:43 PM »
if the stateemnts were supressed...how did the PJ come to know about them and request them..

Ricardo,

As requested, appended are the statements of Arul and Katherina Gaspar.

Rebelo took the initiative on gathering the Smith evidence too.  Nobody had bothered with receipts from Kelly's bar until he did.
It seems there were quite a few diligences that weren't followed through until Rebelo took over the investigation
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #3227 on: May 21, 2019, 09:14:00 PM »

The chickens are coming home to roost with the fact that two current police investigations have cleared Madeleine's parents and both are focused on stranger abduction.

Strange then that Do Carmo in answer to Brunt asking do you accept the girl was abducted said we don't know what happened and have to be prepared to deal with different scenarios.

29:30 in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX3u2Hp42ic
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3228 on: May 21, 2019, 09:22:37 PM »
You really don't know that do you ... wasn't it only after Rebelo took over the case that there was any movement made to request the Gaspar statements from Leicestershire police?  How did they know what to ask for?  Had it got mislaid in the chaos I believe Amaral left behind?

Theevidence says the statements were provided in October 2007. All else is speculation.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3229 on: May 21, 2019, 09:24:19 PM »
Theevidence says the statements were provided in October 2007. All else is speculation.

Precisely.. It's speculation they were suppressed

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #3230 on: May 21, 2019, 09:42:44 PM »
Precisely.. It's speculation they were suppressed

It’s not speculation that Mrs Gaspar gave a statement and what it included. That’s the real meat.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3231 on: May 21, 2019, 09:58:51 PM »
It’s not speculation that Mrs Gaspar gave a statement and what it included. That’s the real meat.
No... Spam

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3232 on: May 21, 2019, 10:20:34 PM »

The provision of the evidence in October was in response to a PJ request ...  to make the request they had to know what they were asking for don't you think.  Which suggests a prior knowledge of the statements dated some months previously.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3233 on: May 22, 2019, 12:46:25 AM »
I find it hard to believe that any policeman worth his weight would read the Gaspar Statements and conclude that on the basis of a couple of perceived suggestive gestures that there were serious grounds to suspect DP of any involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.  It’s just bonkers IMO. 
« Last Edit: May 22, 2019, 01:26:43 AM by Brietta »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3234 on: May 22, 2019, 01:32:44 AM »

Mrs. Gaspar's statement itself is speculation.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3235 on: May 22, 2019, 02:15:23 AM »
UK police chief hits back at Portuguese detective’s claims
8 November 2009 | Posted by astro
The head of Leicestershire Police has rejected claims from a former Portuguese detective that his officers withheld a witness statement from the Madeleine McCann inquiry.

Chris Eyre, the Temporary Chief Constable, said “I can assure you that at no time were statements withheld and not passed on.”

Goncalo Amaral, the Algarve detective who was removed the inquiry early on, made his claim in a book, which is now banned.

Mr Eyre responded after Freedom of Information requests were submitted by the Sunday Express.

A team of Leicestershire family officers went to Portugal on 5 May 2007 to support the McCanns.

It has also emerged that the Foreign Office has withheld details about the investigation so as not to damage relations between Britain and Portugal.

An individual submitted Freedom of Information requests to get details of negotiations by John Buck, Britain’s former ambassador to Portugal.

The then Information Commissioner Richard Thomas refused in case it caused Portugal to lose trust in Britain’s discretion.

in: Sunday Express, 08.11.2009, paper edition only

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=6847.msg292202#msg292202

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3236 on: May 22, 2019, 02:47:45 AM »
Didn't the McCanns sue The Express for telling lies?
Chris Eyre, the Temporary Chief Constable, didn't though did he ... and he is the guy who is quoted here as saying "that at no time were statements withheld and not passed on" giving the lie to Amaral's allegation in his book.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3237 on: May 22, 2019, 03:06:06 AM »
It shouldn't take me to point out that the statements that Amaral claims were suppressed for five months were, technically speaking never withheld and not passed on.. but the date says they were passed on October 24 2007. 160 days after they were received.

Amaral's allegations are entirely without foundation or Chris Eyre would not have publicly denied them when responding to Freedom of Information requests submitted by the Sunday Express by saying "I can assure you that at no time were statements withheld and not passed on.”

Probably after seeing logged receipts for statements which were missing Rebelo requested them ... Leicestershire police didn't send them out of the blue in October ... they were asked for; how could a request be made for information allegedly suppressed if they didn't already know about it and know what to ask for?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3238 on: May 22, 2019, 03:12:09 AM »
Amaral's allegations are entirely without foundation or Chris Eyre would not have publicly denied them when responding to Freedom of Information requests submitted by the Sunday Express by saying "I can assure you that at no time were statements withheld and not passed on.”

Probably after seeing logged receipts for statements which were missing Rebelo requested them ... Leicestershire police didn't send them out of the blue in October ... they were asked for; how could a request be made for information allegedly suppressed if they didn't already know about it and know what to ask for?

This Fact was established a long time ago.  The Gaspar Statements were not suppressed.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3239 on: May 22, 2019, 03:23:26 AM »
Well why is the correspondence passing them over dated October 24 2007? 160 days after they were received. Why is it not dated May 17 2007 if there weren't suppressed? Withholding statements and suppressing them are two completely different things.

Amaral appears to have mislaid them in the mess he left behind.  The mess that Rebelo had to deal with.