Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509451 times)

Offline Carana

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3315 on: May 24, 2019, 06:29:21 AM »
Fairly sure Google Translate would routinely spit out Klingon insults in 2007 as it was in it's infancy.
You wouldn't be able to translate conversation French at that point, never mind a Portuguese witness statement.

I agree that google translate itself was in its infancy, but automatic translation software has existed since sometimes back in the latter half of the 90s.

Offline Carana

« Reply #3316 on: May 24, 2019, 06:39:51 AM »
Marshall was reading a questionnaire written and answered in what I assume was his native language; English.

That's not my impression. Who on earth would write "the husband arrived" in English?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3317 on: May 24, 2019, 07:23:56 AM »
I repeat: you suspect him of lying about this minor detail?

What minor detail?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3318 on: May 24, 2019, 07:26:22 AM »
And you're right David Payne hasn't got a statement from later in May as the other members of his family did.
"DAVID PAYNE 04 MAY 07 STATEMENT
DAVID PAYNE 11 APRIL 2008 ROGATORY
DIANNE WEBSTER 04 MAY 07 STATEMENT
DIANNE WEBSTER 11 MAY 07 STATEMENT
DIANNE WEBSTER 11 APRIL 08 ROGATORY
FIONA PAYNE 04 MAY 07 STATEMENT
FIONA ELAINE PAYNE 16 05 07 STATEMENT
FIONA PAYNE 10 APRIL 08 ROGATORY"

You'd wonder why that was.  Both David and Kate seem to be the ones who miss out on giving second statements in May.

Fiona also.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3319 on: May 24, 2019, 07:32:00 AM »
What minor detail?
referring to photos to work out where he was at what time.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #3320 on: May 24, 2019, 07:58:57 AM »
I agree that google translate itself was in its infancy, but automatic translation software has existed since sometimes back in the latter half of the 90s.
I don't doubt it, but you did specifically state 'Google translation'.

The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline The General

« Reply #3321 on: May 24, 2019, 08:01:42 AM »
And you're right David Payne hasn't got a statement from later in May as the other members of his family did.
"DAVID PAYNE 04 MAY 07 STATEMENT
DAVID PAYNE 11 APRIL 2008 ROGATORY
DIANNE WEBSTER 04 MAY 07 STATEMENT
DIANNE WEBSTER 11 MAY 07 STATEMENT
DIANNE WEBSTER 11 APRIL 08 ROGATORY
FIONA PAYNE 04 MAY 07 STATEMENT
FIONA ELAINE PAYNE 16 05 07 STATEMENT
FIONA PAYNE 10 APRIL 08 ROGATORY"

You'd wonder why that was.  Both David and Kate seem to be the ones who miss out on giving second statements in May.
Maybe they refused. They weren't exactly under caution. They could just tell them to foxtrot oscar.

Offline The General

« Reply #3322 on: May 24, 2019, 08:08:40 AM »
Not quite:
We don't have to wonder about why there is no second statement for Kate. According to her, Alan Pike was concerned about her wellbeing. Madeleine's wellbeing, as usual taking second place to that of the McCann's, wellbeing. That's my opinion of it.

Kate McCann: "Alan Pike was concerned about my wellbeing and asked for my rescheduled interview to be postponed for a few days. The PJ couldn’t have considered it all that important: it was 6 September before I was interviewed again. 36".

She has also said in her book that "By the Sunday evening we found ourselves giving our statements again, this time to a couple of detectives from Control Risks. We were concerned that parts of the statements we had made to the Portuguese police , especially on that first day, might have been lost in translation. We also felt that these accounts were not particularly thorough and wanted to have every detail we could remember registered properly".

As you can see for yourself, Kate couldn't have considered it that important either. So concerned was she, that she let Alan Pike effectively draw her up a sicknote in order NOT to get every detail she could remember registered properly. Clever, eh?

They think we're all mugs IMO. In my opinion you'd need to be.

That just leaves David Payne. Whether the PJ have withheld a second David Payne statement is not known. It's unlikely Alan Pike would have drawn him up a sicknote, IMO.
So the last 'external' witness to apparently see Madeleine alive was either not re-interviewed, refused to be re-interviewed or the statement has been withheld? Is there a possibility that he was re-interviewed under caution?

Offline The General

« Reply #3323 on: May 24, 2019, 08:34:21 AM »
You tell me?
Probably not.
Why were the second round of interviews released to the public in the first place?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3324 on: May 24, 2019, 08:39:55 AM »
referring to photos to work out where he was at what time.

He didn't do it alone, he says 'we'. None of the others relied on photos, they remembered the discussion at the Paraiso about the time.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3325 on: May 24, 2019, 08:47:37 AM »
          Where does the current discussion feature in Mark Saunokonoko's podcast ?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3326 on: May 24, 2019, 08:54:12 AM »
He didn't do it alone, he says 'we'. None of the others relied on photos, they remembered the discussion at the Paraiso about the time.
Hw do you know none of the others relied on photos?  Just because they may have omitted to mention this minor detail doesn’t make DP a liar does it?  Once again I ask you: do you suspect Payne of lying about this minor detail?  I take it from all your replies so far that you do, however I know you don’t like me to make assumptions about your beliefs so now is your opportunity to put me straight.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3327 on: May 24, 2019, 09:03:55 AM »
Which one?

Hard to tell the difference ... but I think the current variant has been rumbling around for at least a couple of days.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3328 on: May 24, 2019, 09:10:25 AM »
Hw do you know none of the others relied on photos?  Just because they may have omitted to mention this minor detail doesn’t make DP a liar does it?  Once again I ask you: do you suspect Payne of lying about this minor detail?  I take it from all your replies so far that you do, however I know you don’t like me to make assumptions about your beliefs so now is your opportunity to put me straight.

It doesn't make sense in my opinion, but it's not important. What is important is his apparent change of story. How did he go from seeing Madeleine in 5A with both parents to seeing her with one parent and her siblings?
Result = happy posting.

Offline The General

« Reply #3329 on: May 24, 2019, 09:19:33 AM »
It doesn't make sense in my opinion, but it's not important. What is important is his apparent change of story. How did he go from seeing Madeleine in 5A with both parents to seeing her with one parent and her siblings?
As discussed in Mark's podcast, right?
Playing Devil's Advocate, one could argue that DP would be fully aware of such a significant change in statement and the perception of that change - but did it anyway. All of these revisions are now just examples of poor investigation. Why didn't they refer back to previous statements when forming the questions for the 2nd one?