Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509450 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3390 on: May 24, 2019, 08:53:05 PM »
He's either a liar (my opinion) or completely confused (your opinion). Or DC Marshal couldn't read and write properly, despite his declaration that he did in fact read it carefully.

Either way, Payne's evidence regarding the last two times he seen the missing child in my opinion is worthless and calls into question if he ever seen the child alive in the first place. 

Jimmy the abductor, eat your heart out.

Catch ya later, alligator.  Or in a while crocodile. If you're anything like Payne you'll like two options.  8(0(*
Have you checked that there is not a hole in your net?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3391 on: May 24, 2019, 08:54:40 PM »
Although only an expression of you opinion, I'm sure it must make you very happy.
I really hope that has made your day.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3392 on: May 24, 2019, 08:56:25 PM »
If you can't take it to Court then it is worthless.  And you are much better at making things up than I am.
Ow - a bit of infighting in the ranks! 
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3393 on: May 24, 2019, 09:01:54 PM »
No evidence of anything!  Feels like we are still at the beginning.
Moderation

Offline The General

« Reply #3394 on: May 24, 2019, 09:17:53 PM »
That is the sort of advice I get too.  It helps "ban yourself" for a few days or a week.  Keep calm.
You could have employed this technique during 'Ellipsegate'.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3395 on: May 24, 2019, 09:38:42 PM »
You could have employed this technique during 'Ellipsegate'.
I had a week of calm the week before but the problem didn't go away.  Like a bad marriage, nothing much helps.

I knew what an ellipse was (well at least roughly) but I didn't know about an ellipsis. 

So it has to be ellipsisgate  not ellipsegate, I'm sorry to inform you of your misspelling.
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3396 on: May 24, 2019, 09:54:37 PM »
I had a week of calm the week before but the problem didn't go away.  Like a bad marriage, nothing much helps.

I knew what an ellipse was (well at least roughly) but I didn't know about an ellipsis. 

So it has to be ellipsisgate  not ellipsegate, I'm sorry to inform you of your misspelling.

if you understood what an ellipsis is....you would realise tht my use of them is perfectly good english grammar
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 09:58:31 PM by Davel »

Offline The General

« Reply #3397 on: May 24, 2019, 09:58:10 PM »
if you understood what an ellipsis is....you would realise I dont use them...thats all I have to say on the matter
hmmm......

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3398 on: May 24, 2019, 09:59:55 PM »
hmmm......

ive actually changed the post now having read another definition of an ellipsss...my use of it is perfectly proper

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3399 on: May 24, 2019, 10:03:11 PM »
Ellipsis is the omission of a word or series of words. There are two slightly different definitions of ellipsis which are pertinent to literature. The first definition of ellipsis is the commonly used series of three dots, which can be place at the beginning, in the middle, or at the end of a sentence or clause. These three dots can stand in for whole sections of text that are omitted that do not change the overall meaning. The dots can also indicate a mysterious or unfinished thought, a leading sentence, or a pause or silence. This punctuation is also referred to as a suspension point, points of ellipsis, periods of ellipsis, or in speech may be called, “dot-dot-dot.”

In my posts I use it as  a pause....is perfectly good english grammar not acceptable on this forum

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:07:57 PM by Davel »

Offline The General

« Reply #3400 on: May 24, 2019, 10:07:11 PM »
Utterly puerile censorship.
Wouldn't be so quick to censor a supporter. Give your head a wobble.

Sorry Rob.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:30:13 PM by The General »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #3401 on: May 24, 2019, 10:09:06 PM »
Rob, deleting my post is just plain pathetic.

Rob did not delete your post.

Offline The General

« Reply #3402 on: May 24, 2019, 10:11:09 PM »
Rob did not delete your post.
What is your problem? He can point out my grammar but I can't point out his?
Apologies Rob, I only saw one mod on.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 10:22:43 PM by The General »

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3403 on: May 24, 2019, 10:59:58 PM »
What is your problem? He can point out my grammar but I can't point out his?
Apologies Rob, I only saw one mod on.
I'm on here learning as we go.  I don't know much about grammar.  But I have learnt to spellcheck my typing.  I'll even go back and edit my post if I see that I failed.  So spelling to me is important.

If you see something wrong with my grammar please tell me. 

This week I learnt the word ellipsis.  I wonder if a sentence with more ellipsis-es (whatever the plural of ellipsis is) in it than words is perfectly correct English.

I've just Googled what the plural of ellipsis is: "Ellipses is the plural form of two different English words: Ellipse, a type of conic section in geometry. Ellipsis, a three-dot punctuation mark (…)"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 11:08:22 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3404 on: May 24, 2019, 11:06:58 PM »
I'm on here learning as we go.  I don't know much about grammar.  But I have learnt to spellcheck my typing.  I'll even go back and edit my post if I see that I failed.  So spelling to me is important.

If you see something wrong with my grammar please tell me. 

This week I learnt the word ellipsis.  I wonder if a sentence with more ellipsis-es (whatever the plural of ellipsis is) in it than words is perfectly correct English.

The plural is ellipses... It follows the Latin tristis... As all of us who studied Latin will know