Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509436 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3630 on: May 29, 2019, 11:08:02 AM »
So are all Kate McCann's reports in her book of what her husband told her, including her report that he asked to see the PJ's evidence and was refused.
Amaral's convenient and anonymous witnesses  *%87
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3631 on: May 29, 2019, 11:11:30 AM »
I think some posters are confusing Hearsay with Hearsay Evidence.

Hearsay is defined as Information that was heard by one person about another that cannot be adequately substantiated.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3632 on: May 29, 2019, 11:20:22 AM »
I think some posters are confusing Hearsay with Hearsay Evidence.

Hearsay is defined as Information that was heard by one person about another that cannot be adequately substantiated.
So now tell me why Graham Mackenzie's statement is not hearsay?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3633 on: May 29, 2019, 11:22:31 AM »
You're deluded IMO if you think your in a court of law on here. This is the court of public opinion where Graham Mackenzie's witness statement is admissible.

Court of law?  Keep your wig on your honour.  @)(++(*
Don't be silly.  I was pointing out that his statement is hearsay, which it is, both in the court of public opinion and in a court of law.  If you can't see the difference between his statement and an interview with Gerry that evening in which he states "Madeleine was abducted by a paedophile gang" then there's nothing more I can do to help you comprehend. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3634 on: May 29, 2019, 11:27:13 AM »
Alesha's dad and his partner were stoned out of their minds, the dad being a cannabis dealer.

Does any of that apply to Madeleine's circumstance?

The circumstances leading to Alesha's abduction and murder exactly mirror the circumstances of Madeleine's disappearance except for the fact Alesha's family were present and Madeleine's disappearance was discovered much earlier than Alesha's.

A stranger entered the house.

He lifted Alesha from her bed while her family slept.

There was no forced or jemmied entry.

There was no forensic evidence of his presence.

There were no witnesses.

Every one of the foregoing applies to Madeleine's case but for her parents' being appx 35 seconds distance having a meal.

Without CCTV footage of the perpetrator coming and going and given his youth ... I suspect that the police might have had a more difficult task than they did in respect of first considering him a suspect.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #3635 on: May 29, 2019, 11:28:09 AM »
So now tell me why Graham Mackenzie's statement is not hearsay?

It is not hearsay because it was first hand.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #3636 on: May 29, 2019, 11:30:31 AM »
Couldn't you explain why you think Graham Mackenzie who went out his way to try to help the missing child, unlike her mother would make anything he said in his statement up and be confused about why he was shocked at what he had heard Gerry say?

He cannot quote exactly what was said.
Therein lies the problem.
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3637 on: May 29, 2019, 11:31:11 AM »
It is not hearsay because it was first hand.
Where is the head banging a wall emoticon?  What Gerry was reported to have said was not first hand.  FGS.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3638 on: May 29, 2019, 11:32:30 AM »
Couldn't you explain why you think Graham Mackenzie who went out his way to try to help the missing child, unlike her mother would make anything he said in his statement up and be confused about why he was shocked at what he had heard Gerry say?
Sure, but first could you please cite where I said Graham Mackenzie made up his statement, ta muchly.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #3639 on: May 29, 2019, 11:33:00 AM »
So do you think Graham Mackenzie was making it all up and his shock at what he heard Gerry say was all a figment of his imagination?
I don't think you are quite grasping what defines 'hearsay'.
He overheard a one sided phone conversation ... his report of what he thought he heard ... by definition is hearsay.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3640 on: May 29, 2019, 11:35:22 AM »
The circumstances leading to Alesha's abduction and murder exactly mirror the circumstances of Madeleine's disappearance except for the fact Alesha's family were present and Madeleine's disappearance was discovered much earlier than Alesha's.

A stranger entered the house.

He lifted Alesha from her bed while her family slept.

There was no forced or jemmied entry.

There was no forensic evidence of his presence.

There were no witnesses.

Every one of the foregoing applies to Madeleine's case but for her parents' being appx 35 seconds distance having a meal.

Without CCTV footage of the perpetrator coming and going and given his youth ... I suspect that the police might have had a more difficult task than they did in respect of first considering him a suspect.

They do not exactly mirror Madeleine's disappearance,its not been established what happened yet.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3641 on: May 29, 2019, 11:37:32 AM »
He overheard a one sided phone conversation ... his report of what he thought he heard ... by definition is hearsay.
Thank God, I was beginning to doubt myself there for a moment.  @)(++(*

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3642 on: May 29, 2019, 11:39:39 AM »
Where is the head banging a wall emoticon?  What Gerry was reported to have said was not first hand.  FGS.

Actually, it was.
What's up, old man?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3643 on: May 29, 2019, 11:40:43 AM »
Actually, it was.
Oh God, don't you start.   *%87

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #3644 on: May 29, 2019, 11:41:59 AM »

Nope.  He heard what he heard.
What's up, old man?