Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509432 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #3825 on: May 30, 2019, 08:01:48 PM »
Are you suggesting that OC should have taken some firm action, such as refused to serve them, or perhaps ejected them from their facilities ?
Yes I do.  In fact there was some evidence that something like this did happen.  There were reports of Silvia Batista claiming to have offered the McCann's or was it Tapas 9 free babysitting on that Thursday.  There were hints in various conversations that the block booking was off that day.   There are reports that the other clients were getting annoyed the Tapas 9 had somehow taken the large table every night which stopped others having a large group dining.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3826 on: May 30, 2019, 08:04:06 PM »
I have seen no evidence that Kate told Madeleine where she could find her parents.
That is in Fiona Payne's statement, where she says Kate discussed this with her.  Surely you know that?
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3827 on: May 30, 2019, 08:06:00 PM »
Sorry, pure and utter speculation.   &%%6
I'm discussing a possible scenario.  If that scenario arose what contingencies were put in place to prevent a disaster happening?
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #3828 on: May 30, 2019, 08:09:21 PM »
Yes I do.  In fact there was some evidence that something like this did happen.  There were reports of Silvia Batista claiming to have offered the McCann's or was it Tapas 9 free babysitting on that Thursday.  There were hints in various conversations that the block booking was off that day.   There are reports that the other clients were getting annoyed the Tapas 9 had somehow taken the large table every night which stopped others having a large group dining.

All gossip by the sound of it.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3829 on: May 30, 2019, 08:12:49 PM »
The OC would assume, like most sane people, that small children were in the care of an adult.

You haven't been following this debate between Jassi and myself have you.  We both accept that at least one of the staff knew the kids (4 families) were being left alone.
So that makes your statement "The OC would assume, like most sane people, that small children were in the care of an adult" totally in error.

The OC is not a person as such, but if it had a policy on this matter please present it.

I'm afraid not for in Wilkins/O'Donnell statements were the hints of annoyance toward the Tapas 9.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 08:21:27 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3830 on: May 30, 2019, 08:15:37 PM »

Indeed.  "There were nine sexual assaults in all, three near misses and six incidents where the intruder was disturbed before anything happened."

Does that mean that 6 weren't even near misses? In fact, not even assaults at all ?
"Intruder" still seems bad enough.
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3831 on: May 30, 2019, 08:19:49 PM »
When an assistant commissioner to the met police  considers most  newspaper reports are nonsense, they should be regarded as such.
Cite please.  Where does "When an assistant commissioner to the met police  considers most  newspaper reports are nonsense" come from?
Moderation

Offline barrier

« Reply #3832 on: May 30, 2019, 08:26:26 PM »
Cite please.  Where does "When an assistant commissioner to the met police  considers most  newspaper reports are nonsense" come from?

April 2017.

MR: There are odd headlines and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are
nonsense.

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8138.30
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3833 on: May 30, 2019, 08:30:22 PM »
April 2017.

MR: There are odd headlines and odd stories in newspapers on a regular basis and most of those are
nonsense.

The fact that Mark Rowley said "odd" ones tells you (all of us I hope) that it isn't most headlines in general but most of the odd ones only.

Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3834 on: May 30, 2019, 08:53:13 PM »
You haven't been following this debate between Jassi and myself have you.  We both accept that at least one of the staff knew the kids (4 families) were being left alone.
So that makes your statement "The OC would assume, like most sane people, that small children were in the care of an adult" totally in error.

The OC is not a person as such, but if it had a policy on this matter please present it.

If the block had burned down and all the children had perished the companies naking up the Ocean Club wouldn't have been prosecuted unless their maintenance or fire precautions were inadequate. The only people legally responsible for the care and safety of those children were their parents.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3835 on: May 30, 2019, 09:01:52 PM »
If the block had burned down and all the children had perished the companies naking up the Ocean Club wouldn't have been prosecuted unless their maintenance or fire precautions were inadequate. The only people legally responsible for the care and safety of those children were their parents.
I'm not a lawyer as such but I'd imagine if it could be proven the OC staff knew the parents were leaving the children in deadlocked buildings so they could dine alone at the OC Tapas Restaurant and that eventuality happened (the block had burned down and all the children had perished) some lawyer would take out a class action against the firm.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:18:56 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3836 on: May 30, 2019, 10:18:18 PM »
I'm not a lawyer as such but I'd imagine if it could be proven the OC staff knew the parents were leaving the children in deadlocked buildings so they could dine alone at the OC Tapas Restaurant and that eventuality happened (the block had burned down and all the children had perished) some lawyer would take out a class action against the firm.

I don't think the staff knowing makes the company liable. Even if the sraff reported it, the company could only advise the parents not to do it. They weren't breaking the law as far as I know, all they were doing was being stupid.

I find it ironic actually. The law doesn't make it an offence for parents to leave small children in danger, but it can force parents to allow their young children to be taught subjects in school which the parents believe the children are too young to learn.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3837 on: May 30, 2019, 10:30:12 PM »
I don't think the staff knowing makes the company liable. Even if the sraff reported it, the company could only advise the parents not to do it. They weren't breaking the law as far as I know, all they were doing was being stupid.

I find it ironic actually. The law doesn't make it an offence for parents to leave small children in danger, but it can force parents to allow their young children to be taught subjects in school which the parents believe the children are too young to learn.
I had heard it was unlawful to deadlock someone in a building.  If you lock up a building so there was no escape, that could be illegal.
I don't know about the other topic.
Moderation

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #3838 on: May 30, 2019, 11:25:26 PM »
I had heard it was unlawful to deadlock someone in a building.  If you lock up a building so there was no escape, that could be illegal.
I don't know about the other topic.

I've not heard of that, but the OC weren't dead locking anyone in anywhere anyway.

Goodnight Rob; bedtime here now.

Result = happy posting.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #3839 on: May 31, 2019, 02:22:56 AM »
I've not heard of that, but the OC weren't dead locking anyone in anywhere anyway.

Goodnight Rob; bedtime here now.
Something about a fire code.  I'll see if I can find it.

Wikipedia has the general idea right:
"In the event of a fire, occupants will be prevented from escaping through double-cylinder locked doors unless the correct key is used. ... The risk can be mitigated by locking the deadlock only when there are no occupants inside the building, or leaving the key near the keyhole.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2019, 02:26:33 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation