Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509406 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #4020 on: June 09, 2019, 05:30:15 PM »
It was abject stupidity. Any one of the children could have been sick and choked or succumbed to smoke inhalation following a house fire.  You never ever leave young children alone for any more than a few minutes. At least David Payne had the forethought to bring a child monitor with him.

If one of the Payne children had been targeted I don't think the monitor would have been of the slightest use.  It was designed to alert parents to a distressed child ... not as a security system to thwart anyone with evil intent who might choose to enter the premises in silence.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4021 on: June 09, 2019, 05:34:35 PM »
If one of the Payne children had been targeted I don't think the monitor would have been of the slightest use.  It was designed to alert parents to a distressed child ... not as a security system to thwart anyone with evil intent who might choose to enter the premises in silence.

Whereas I disagree.
What's up, old man?

Offline The General

« Reply #4022 on: June 09, 2019, 05:50:10 PM »
They would hear noise. They may hear voices. They may hear the child protesting.
How would a would-be abductor know to be silent? It would be nigh on impossible to snatch a child noiselessly - it would take a couple of ninjas in socks.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4023 on: June 09, 2019, 05:53:46 PM »
Whereas I disagree.

One might have been interested in your post had you expanded it to include precisely with what part of mine you disagreed with.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 09:01:25 PM by Angelo222 »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4024 on: June 09, 2019, 05:54:33 PM »
They would hear noise. They may hear voices. They may hear the child protesting.
How would a would-be abductor know to be silent? It would be nigh on impossible to snatch a child noiselessly - it would take a couple of ninjas in socks.
When you’re sitting outside at a restaurant, with eight other people chatting and the baby monitor is on the table, not pressed up against your ear, the only sound from it you’re likely to notice coming from it  is a wailing child IMO
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline The General

« Reply #4025 on: June 09, 2019, 06:06:26 PM »
When you’re sitting outside at a restaurant, with eight other people chatting and the baby monitor is on the table, not pressed up against your ear, the only sound from it you’re likely to notice coming from it  is a wailing child IMO
So a baby monitor is just to assuage the parents' conscience?

'New from JML. Are you out on the lash with some mates? How about on holiday, but looking to reprise the frivolity of previous holidays and previous nights without the social stigma of leaving the kids unattended? Then you need Conscience Assuager (c). Conscience Assuager (c) will give you a false sense of peace of mind, while giving the illusion of responsible parenting. Appear to listen to your kids at the dinner table* while the rest of the party have to cobble together a checking regime - you just sit there, smug as a you like, quaffing and scoffing.
Never leave home without it - literally!

*up to 50m radius. Not to be used as an actual monitor. Kids may not necessarily be heard. Relatively pointless as an actual monitoring device.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4026 on: June 09, 2019, 06:14:06 PM »

'New from JML. Are you out on the lash with some mates? How about on holiday, but looking to reprise the frivolity of previous holidays and previous nights without the social stigma of leaving the kids unattended? Then you need Conscience Assuager (c). Conscience Assuager (c) will give you a false sense of peace of mind, while giving the illusion of responsible parenting. Appear to listen to your kids at the dinner table* while the rest of the party have to cobble together a checking regime - you just sit there, smug as a you like, quaffing and scoffing.

*up to 50m radius. Not to be used as an actual monitor. Kids may not necessarily be heard. Relatively pointless as an actual monitoring device.
Exactly.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4027 on: June 09, 2019, 06:23:29 PM »
How many children holidaying in the Algarve were assaulted by an intruder ... all while the parents were under the same roof and sometimes with siblings in the same room?
The fact that happened on numerous occasions rather destroys your assumptions.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #4028 on: June 09, 2019, 06:29:01 PM »

@)(++(*
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline The General

« Reply #4029 on: June 09, 2019, 06:29:30 PM »
Exactly.
If the McCann's would have had one it would be all......'yeh, it's super sensitive, I heard a spider walking across the floor on it the other day. I heard they're designed by GCHQ with nano-technology reverse-engineered from a downed Russian spy satellite. I sometimes see noises on it'.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #4030 on: June 09, 2019, 06:35:42 PM »
If the McCann's would have had one it would be all......'yeh, it's super sensitive, I heard a spider walking across the floor on it the other day. I heard they're designed by GCHQ with nano-technology reverse-engineered from a downed Russian spy satellite. I sometimes see noises on it'.

Anyway ... what was it that Mark Saunokonoko's podcasts were advocating about baby monitors ?

Offline The General

« Reply #4031 on: June 09, 2019, 06:39:47 PM »
How many children holidaying in the Algarve were assaulted by an intruder ... all while the parents were under the same roof and sometimes with siblings in the same room?
The fact that happened on numerous occasions rather destroys your assumptions.
I'm totally deflated by that destruction. Reminds me of when Bret Hart was pinned by the British Bulldog at Summer Slam '92.
One word: vigilance. With a baby monitor used externally, every noise will sound like the kids are in some mortal danger. If you're in your own home or apartment, you feel relatively safe and are not listening for odd noises.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4032 on: June 09, 2019, 06:46:59 PM »
If the McCanns had used one, they would have been accused of fakng an abduction because apparently it is not physically possible to abduct a child if a monitor is being used to listen in on them.

Offline The General

« Reply #4033 on: June 09, 2019, 06:49:44 PM »
If the McCanns had used one, they would have been accused of fakng an abduction because apparently it is not physically possible to abduct a child if a monitor is being used to listen in on them.
So what we're landing on here is because they didn't get one, they're rubbish anyway.
Maybe they didn't get one because they didn't want to hear the kids whinging all night?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #4034 on: June 09, 2019, 06:56:30 PM »

That is a definition of struggling.

Care to have another go?
What's up, old man?