Author Topic: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.  (Read 509421 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Podcasts by Mark Saunokonoko of 9News.
« Reply #4065 on: June 09, 2019, 09:00:09 PM »
Where is the cite for what Jim Gamble said?

find it yourself ...Im sure most posters are aware...try the netflix doc...wheres her cite

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4066 on: June 09, 2019, 09:00:21 PM »
When you’re sitting outside at a restaurant, with eight other people chatting and the baby monitor is on the table, not pressed up against your ear, the only sound from it you’re likely to notice coming from it  is a wailing child IMO

Do you think a child wouldn't wail if a stranger entered her bedroom and tried to carry her off?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4067 on: June 09, 2019, 09:02:05 PM »
find it yourself ...Im sure most posters are aware...try the netflix doc...wheres her cite
No you say she is wrong, you show it.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4068 on: June 09, 2019, 09:04:03 PM »
No you say she is wrong, you show it.

thats not how it works...first shes amde the calim...second...anyone who is familiar with the case knows taht isnt true...as a mod you should be familiar with the facts

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4069 on: June 09, 2019, 09:04:16 PM »
If the McCanns had used one, they would have been accused of fakng an abduction because apparently it is not physically possible to abduct a child if a monitor is being used to listen in on them.

Truth is if they had used one they would have saved poor Mrs Fenn so much anguish.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4070 on: June 09, 2019, 09:06:03 PM »
Maybe, or maybe they knew that they simply don’t work very well outdoors, and that regular checks though more effort are usually more reliable.

The latter part is debatable if the checks aren't done for over an hour.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4071 on: June 09, 2019, 09:08:19 PM »
Of course it would. It would make it much harder for Jimmy to get in. It might even deter Jimmy altogether.
An open door, however, is Merry Christmas, Jimbo*

*if Jimmy exists

I prefer Alberto the abductor personally?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4072 on: June 09, 2019, 09:09:24 PM »
Can you hear a child choking over a baby monitor?   You'd need one monitor per child to be really safe IMO.  And then your ear would have to be glued to it all the time.

Yes and they do have a volume control you know.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4073 on: June 09, 2019, 09:10:17 PM »
they were wrong to do what they did....I wouldnt do it...but i understand why they did it

Lazy and selfish?

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4074 on: June 09, 2019, 09:11:46 PM »
I dont want to get into pointless discussions so just take thsi as my opinion....they said early on that he raeson they didnt use the front door was because it was noisy and could have woken the children

Better that than losing one wouldn't you say?   8)-)))

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4075 on: June 09, 2019, 09:12:14 PM »
Lazy and selfish?

thats your opinion...and yo re entitled to it...unfortuanately im not entitled to mine

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4076 on: June 09, 2019, 09:13:14 PM »
Better that than losing one wouldn't you say?   8)-)))

I think thats a pathetic comment...accompanied by a smiley face...disgraceful...

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #4077 on: June 09, 2019, 09:14:30 PM »
Yes and they do have a volume control you know.
I've never had a monitor, nor have I seen one in use. 
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #4078 on: June 09, 2019, 09:14:38 PM »
Except, strangely, on Thursday. Kate wondered if leaving the patio door open was a good idea. Gerry said it would be fine. End of discussion. She actually suggested it was left open for Madeleine's benefit; so she could get out. I'm surprised Madeleine wasn't sent to Kid's Club on her own, she clearly had capabilities beyond her years.

She got out ok but took the wrong door imo.

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #4079 on: June 09, 2019, 09:14:43 PM »
Of course it would. The extent some supporters will compromise themselves to defend or excuse this litany of deplorable decisions amuses me.
Simple risk assessment. You're not eliminating the risk, you're mitigating it - lock the door, ffs. If you don't, then you don't mitigate risk at all - and we're back to acts or omissions of a reasonable person.
Be amused if you must, but you said that locking the door would ensure reliability, I was simply pointing out that it would ensure nothing of the kind.  If that represents “defending or excusing the McCanns actions” perhaps you could explain why. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly